My husband and I really enjoyed this hotel. We came to it after being in a 3-star hotel in Paris. The room was much larger than the one in Paris and just seemed nicer. The room itself and bathroom were kept very clean. The AC was great and it had a big TV that got great reception and alot of channels.
The location is great. It is a block from the Gloucester Rd. station which hooks up with 3 different Underground lines so it made it very easy for us to travel all over London. There were also many different restaurants around the hotel including a grocery store. We booked through Expedia so did not receive the free breakfast. At the metro stop there is a little mall and you can get breakfast there for cheaper by going to the little coffee shop (which we did) or Garfunkel's. You could also just pick something up in the grocery store.
We did have trouble with the 3-prong outlet after purchasing a european converter. Since this was our first time to London, I don't know if this is common or not. We had to go across the street and buy another little plug changer from the travel store for 5 pounds. I had gone to the desk and asked if they had one.
If someone from the hotel reads this, buy some converters and let people use them. Also, try to soundproof the rooms a little better both from the outside and from other rooms.
I would return to this hotel if visiting London again. The location is fabulous and we really enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Park International Hotel is a contemporary hotel located in the heart of Kensington. The hotel is within walking distance from Harrods, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum and Hyde Park. The property features 171 well-appointed and modern rooms along with newly refurbished public areas. The Heritage Deluxe rooms on the first floor are beautifully designed and feature high ceilings, contributing to the elegance of our luxury 4 star hotel in London. Our guests can unwind and enjoy a cocktail at the Checkmate Restaurant and Bar which also offers live music and a delicious Thai and British Food menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Park International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park International London
- Hotel Park International
- Park International Hotel London