Park International Hotel
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
2,367 results
All reviewscromwell roadgloucester stationnatural historypiccadilly linethe royal albert hallbreakfast roomminute walksingle roomconvenient locationjunior suitebreakfast was includedexcellent locationhyde parktea and coffeetubekensingtonwaitrose
Reviewed 18 September 2004

My friend and I spent 9 days at this hotel in July 2004 and were very pleased with what we got. If I had a complaint, it was that the staff weren't the most knowledgable about the surrounding areas and also, we had a problem as we booked it through Travelocity and were told that breakfast was included but was then told by the hotel that no, it wasn't and no one offered to call Travelocity to try and fix the matter. But that aside, the hotel is in an EXCELLENT location! There are restaurants, pharmacy and grocery store all around and it's only a couple of blocks from the tube station. Plus, this is a great tube station! I've been to London 3 times total now and this is one of the best because not only does it have a lift (which comes in great handy if you have lots of luggage as we did) but it's got three lines coming into it so you don't have to transfer as much PLUS it's on the line that goes directly to Heathrow so it saves you money on airport to hotel transfers. As for the rooms, they were average sized for London but what was wonderful is that they all have central air conditioning which we needed as my friend is asthmatic and despite popular belief, London can get VERY humid in the summer. We also loved the fact that every room has a refrigerator which really came in handy. I would very much recommend this hotel to anyone and as I am expecting to return to London at least 2 more times, it will definately be on booking list!

• Stayed: January 2005
8  Thank Rockgirl416
Reviewed 12 September 2004

The location is nice, with easy access to subway and dining, and the room had AC.
However....when I booked via Expedia it did NOT mention that breakfast was not included in price, and that the room (single) was in the BASEMENT! Granted, there was a small window, but the room was so small, that there was no room to but my travel bag! Had to stow it in the bathroom if I wanted to move around, get dressed etc. The bed was utter crap, and I had red marks om my back from the springs when I woke up in the morning. (!) Ah, and yes, the room vibrated everytime the nearby subway passed underneath.

The bathroom had no towels when I arrived, took 2 hrs to get some, and the advertised safe in the room was broken.
Make sure to hang the "do not disturb" sign on the door when you go too slep, because a cleaner locked herself in at 06:30 one morning!!!!!!

Go somewhere else, at least if you want a one bed room, you risk ending up in the "toomb" I slept in!

3  Thank M609
Toronto, ON, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2004

We stayed at the Park International for 4 nights in July of 2003 and found it to be an exceptional value for the money. We arrived several hours before check-in time, but the staff accomodated us after a brief wait. The room was very comfortable and clean with great extras, even a fridge! With a Sainsbury's up the road and tonnes of quality restaurants nearby, there were plenty of meal options. The late-night internet cafe across the road was reasonably priced and so convenient! Close to shopping, tube stations, museums and much more!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 20 August 2004

My wife and I visited London in early May ('04) and stayed at the Park International. It was a very nice small hotel in a great part of town. Close to the tube (3 blocks). and not far (8-10 blocks) to many museums. The staff was very helpful and friendly even though the hotel was very busy when we arrived. There were several nice pubs and restaurants near the tube so find a place to eat was not difficult. We booked a ride to Gatwick through the hotel thinking we would be riding a bus all the way to the airport. We found out that the bus only took us to Victoria station where we were given train tickets. We were met at the airport but, it would have not been much harder to have done it all ourselves and saved a few pounds.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, New York
Reviewed 18 August 2004

Stayed at the Park Int'l in early August, 2004. Location is great so if thats all you care about, this place is ok. We did not get the room setup we were promised and the clerk was indifferent and uncaring, so we needed a rollaway bed that was horrible. The double bed was uncomfortable. The room was so noisy from the street noise that we may as well have moved the beds onto the sidewalk. The hotel was clean and nice but who cares if you cant get a decent nights sleep. Skip the continental breakfast, its all cardboard. While we were checking out, another couple was checking in and fighting with the clerks because they couldnt get the room setup they were promised, so their kids couldnt be next to the parents room - again the clerk could care less. Dont expect any help with travel or sightseeing plans because they act like you are bothering them. Location is great but thats it for this place.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member