“Very pleased with our stay!”

Park International Hotel
Ranked #350 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Savannah, GA
“Very pleased with our stay!”
Reviewed 19 March 2005

We just returned to the USA after five nights here and were very satisfied with our room and all contacts with the staff. Our superior room (57 pounds per night booked on line) was better than I expected - comfortable king size bed, 2 chairs and table, small refrigerator. The bathroom appeared newly renovated with pedestal sink(excellent water pressure in the shower/tub). We had room 122 in the back - VERY QUIET and private, away from the streetfront. Each day the room was cleaned very well. The continental breakfast was OK, and included croissant, pastries, assorted meats and cheeses, canned fruit, juices, cereals, etc. The staff were great to us - very helpful with directions, and David the concierge was GREAT in helping us book day tours (the Premium tour was good - we were disappointed with Evans & Evans). The location of the hotel was GREAT - near tube station, Waitrose market, Starbucks - all within 2 blocks. We would definitiely stay here again when returning to London. I am surprised by the other poor reviews listed and can only think "you get what you pay for." This hotel was a great value for our money.

• Stayed March 2005
15 Thank RAK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 March 2005

We booked this hotel as part of a hotel/airline package. The staff was polite. The room was clean, but somewhat small (coming from US hotel experience).

My only real complaint was the lack of care given to maintaining the room (construction maintenance, not cleaning). The door to the bathroom was in shambles, the trim work was questionable and framed notices (rates, fire exit info, etc.) were so far off of level that I wondered if the installer had his/her eyes open. This won't bother some people. Apparently it doesn't bother the proprietors.

Nitpicking aside, I would be willing to stay there again. But I might bring my tool box.

• Stayed March 2005
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 March 2005

This is without a doubt the worst place I have ever stayed in my life, I can't believe they even have a star rating.

The lobby is pleasant enough so I thought "hey it's going to be nice here" until I got to my room in the basement which had a grubby window I couldn't even see out of. It was a single, so I expected it to be cosy but oh my you couldn't even walk round the bed. The room was so small there was just a single bed (with dirty and torn sheets on it) stuck up against a wall with a TV on an extending arm from the ceiling (hey it saves space and you needed it in that room) and a big desk that made it so you couldn't actually walk between the bed and the desk, just squeeze through the gap. The room was 8ft x 5ft max. The bathroom was well......tiny......but it's not like I was going to live there so I didn't mind that so much.

I didn't get any sleep that night, my dungeon room was located next to a boiler or something that made the most horrendous noise the entire night, the Night Porter didn't care and the assistant manager next morning basically said I was lying but would "as a goodwill gesture" offer me 20% off my next booking.

That's the sort of goodwill extended to worst enemies. I would never ever stay there again or recommend anyone to. It's like a bail hostel! Avoid at all costs, spend the extra £20 and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed November 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2005

We spent one night is this awful place, then moved down the street to a much nicer place (for the same price). If you only have a chance to go to London once, pick a better hotel that this one.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Langley, BC
Reviewed 8 March 2005

I stayed there in 2002. The room were very small, there was hardly any room to move around with a carry on suitcase. The bathroom was small as well. The hotel seems to be composed of 2-3 different buildings so that it was a rabbit warren where one can get lost. It smelled. The staff were mediocre at best. I had a problem with the safe. While someone came quickly, he could not resolve the problem. I did not consider it worthwhile to complain about the room as I was alone for 3 nigths. The price was acceptable but I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2002, travelled on business
5 Thank Langley-George
montreal, canada
Reviewed 4 March 2005

I have traveled to NYC, all over Canada, Hong Kong and all over China, and this was the WORST hotel I have ever stayed in!

I was traveling in London for a week for business, and requested a single room. I went to my room in the basement, with a small basement window looking out into a stairwell off the main street! The room was so small that I could barely fit my bag in the room. I immediately went and requested another room. Bad enough I am alone, but a small crappy window was the only thing keeping me safe from the stairwell on the main street!
By the way, as you see in the pictures, it is a very large and long building, and on each end of the building there are areas where the building has actually been CONDEMNED!!! That is right, the ends of the building are falling literally to the ground!!

Anyways I received an “upgrade” to a room on the 3rd floor. The room was still tiny, but at least not in the basement. Even though it was a smoke free room it stank of smoke.
The first night, as I slept on the most uncomfortable and ancient mattress, I noticed a dripping sound in the bathroom. There was water leaking from the ceiling!!! I told staff about the problem in the morning, when I came back in the evening I noticed no one had done anything and my towels where soaked! I told them again, and came back to my room about an hour later, the problem was fixed, but the lovely repairman had left a lovely surprise in my toilet! That is right there was crap in my toilet!

This place was disgusting! The noise was another issue. The hotel is equipped with the very cheap windows, so you can hear everything going on down on the street below. I had such a hard time sleeping.

It was noisy, smelly, and just plain AWFUL! Do not stay here!

There is a Holiday Inn and the Marriot right next door, please pay the extra $ and go there.

• Stayed January 2005, travelled on business
10 Thank leekimber76
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 26 February 2005

I just discovered this site while searching for reviews of Italian hotels, and decided to write a review of the Park International. I must agree that the single room was tiny, and not what you expected after seeing the website. This hotel makes a big deal about it's Kensington address, which is convenient, but it does not live up to the upscale reputation the Kensington area has. The room was clean, and the public areas were decent as well.

I also had the feeling, as others have mentioned, that they treated me a little less nicely because I had pre-paid through expedia. The front desk staff seemed to be mainly Russian or soemthing, and very very cold, as if a smile would have cracked their faces. All in all, it wasnt bad considering the location, if you won't spend a great deal of time in your room.

5 Thank A S