Park International Hotel
US$215
US$188
galahotels.com
2,367 results
All reviewscromwell roadgloucester stationnatural historypiccadilly linethe royal albert hallbreakfast roomminute walksingle roomconvenient locationjunior suitebreakfast was includedexcellent locationhyde parktea and coffeetubekensingtonwaitrose
Reviewed 22 July 2005

I read a lot of poor reviews of this hotel on-line, as well as good ones. I reserved a room, reasoning that the poor reviews were from a vocal minority. I enjoyed my stay there. Yes, the room was small (a single), which is to be expected in the U.K. The bed was very comfortable; the room was clean; the TV worked fine; the bath was tiny but spotless, with plenty of hot water; and the staff were very polite and accommodating. Great location in Kensington, close to plenty of amenities, including a very good place for breakfast, The Patisserie, and a lovely pub with super food. And the price was great. So don't believe all the grumblers out there -- and enjoy London!

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business
9  Thank solo_Anglophile
philadelphia
Reviewed 20 July 2005

Stayed for 9 nights in June. Booked a "King suite" on-line for the entire time. GBP 149, after conversion $325 per night. Probably the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. Hot, uncomfortable and not well maintained.
One electrical outlet in the entire room, it was inside the closet.
After checking in and going to the room for the first time, I was amazed at the size of the room. I called down to the desk and said that there must be some mistake because I booked a suite. The clerk laughed and said I had the suite.
Never again...

Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Arlington, VA
Reviewed 11 July 2005

When my mom and I stayed here last spring, our room was small, dirty, and uncomfortable. The staff were unhelpful and the lobby was a mess. Don't stay here!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Jönköping, Sweden
Reviewed 11 July 2005

Having read the reviews on this excellent website we hesitated to book a room in this hotel, however it seemed as if you could avoid the basement rooms you should be OK.
I had a long talk to the Hotel Manager urging him to give us(2 adults and 3 kids) a family room on the upper floors. Strange enough he could not guarantee it but assured us that we had a "95%" chance(?) to get one of the 14 family rooms on the upper floors. Luckily we received a room on the 3rd floor which was bigger than average family rooms we have had in other hotels around the world, including two double beds and a baby cot. For English standards(which are though below European...) the room was nice and seem to have been refurbished in recent years. Same goes for the bathroom which was small but tidy. If I would only rate the room I would say it was excellent value for £118 a night.
The breakfast was also better than standard English continental. With several different cerials, toasted bread and pastries to choose from. Both ham, cheese and marmelade were available.
The performance of the staff was however somewhat uneven. Most of the personnel seem to be from Eastern Europe and a few from Asia. Some of them were very service minded but some were less. All in all they were "okay, but some problems".
Despite the fact that the terrible subway bombings occurred during our 5 nights stay I would definately recommend other families to book this hotel as long as you make sure you stay clear of the basement level. You will not find better value for money if you are a family of five.

• Stayed: July 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
BOSTON
Reviewed 10 July 2005

Since I arrived at the hotel, I was embarrassed to be taking my girlfriend along. We were greated with a terrible stench and worse reception service.
After spending a day in the terrible room, I started asking around and the hotels just around the corner were not more expensive.
I made a phone call within Europe without a phone card, which they do not sell in the hotel and was charged more for the 6 minute call than the room's rate.
I complained and the hotel representant who could hardly speak English told me it wasn't their problem and that I should know better as to not dial from the room.
I've travelled around, stayed in luxury hotels and very inexpensive hostels. By far, this was worse than any other place I have visited.
Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

P.S. I never write reviews.

• Stayed: May 2005