“Small room, small breakfast”

Kensington International Hotel
Kensington International Hotel
Ranked #924 of 1,089 Hotels in London
spain
“Small room, small breakfast”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2007

small room, i was in the fifth floor, the room was clean and the service well. the breakfast was very simple: coffee, cereals, toast

in the photos you have a vision of the room.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled solo

Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2007

Like others mentioned, we got a 2 twin bed room when we requested 1 queen. The only other room available was in the basement so we spent the first night in separate beds. The next morning the manager called and said if we left our bags packed they would move them to a new room. When we returned from a day of sight-seeing, we were given keys to a new (smaller) room with 1 queen bed. All in all, not bad. The room was very small, had to maneuver around luggage, bed, and steam press but serviceable. Breakfast was ok if you just wanted something quick but nothing great. The best thing was the location and the relatively quiet location. Luckily we didn't have any issues with fire alarms going off. Drives me crazy that they can't give you soap, seems so cheap...although I think what they labeled as shampoo was really soap.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Mattress
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2007

Good location - few minutes walk from Earls Court tube station.
Small room, but comfortable and clean.
Nice breakfast room with complimentary breakfast and good service.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
istanbul,turkiye
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2006

I stayed in this hotel for three nights, and I hope that this would be the last. My room was on the ground floor, with the tiniest bathroom I ever seen. Photos are attached. The total width of the bathroom is what you see in the picture of the closet. You may also see the sink, which is again the smallest sink I have ever seen in a hotel room. I could not wash my hands, since they did not fit under the tap. Please pay attention to the worn out hair dryer, which I hesitated for a while before handling, since it looked very dirty and dangerous. The room itself was small and worn out, except the bedsheets, sheets were ok.

The worst part is yet to come. On the second night I woke up with the fire alarm at 4 a.m., which happened to be a false alarm! We all get out of our rooms, and sent back by the staff saying it went out by mistake. After some sleepless hours, I woke up with a false fire alarm again at 7:30 a.m.!!!

So, if you want to spend 100 GBP a night and your style of comfort is waking up with fire alarms, that is the place for you, enjoy your stay...

• Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank bluelemon

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2006

Booked the hotel on Wotif after research here. The hotel lived up to my expectations, which as you can see in the comments below, there isnt too much to expect.

Honestly though, the hotel room was fine. It was small, it was in the basement, BUT we had windows which also let in natural light from the street. One warning though, there is NO airconditioning, so I wouldnt recommend staying there in the summer heat. They provide FREE wireless internet for some floors. I beleive it is in the lobby, and you can get it below in the basement. I doubt you would get it on maybe level 2, but you can always take your laptop to the lobby. The rooms look like they have been renovated and modernised. Its a shame they forgot to renovate the bathrooms at the same time.

The chick they have on the front desk is useless. No customer service skills whatsoever. The luggage ticket system is fine, if they enforced it. When you drop your luggage off for storage, they leave it in the lobby, attach a ticket to the bag, and give you the corresponding ticket number. When you arrive back, theoretically speaking, you should have to give the ticket back to get your bag. Nup not here, just walk on it and take it.

The guy running the show with the Corgie, he is helpful, can book tours around london for you and provide tourism information.

About the bathroom, the people below are NOT exaggerating. The room is tiny. The room we had, the toilet was squashed in a corner, that no person over 100kg could possibly get into. The room we had, had a bad case of wood rot around the bathroom door. Due to the shower recess being so small, the water ends up on the floor outside the bathroom, which is carpet over timber. There was one spot where my foot could go through the floor. There is one upside to the bathroom, the shower head was above my head (I am 185cm tall) and the water pressure was fantastic.

Overall I would recommend, but dont expect too much. It is in an excellent location. A little pricey, but that is London for you.

• Liked — Free WiFi
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2006

Person in charge rude while checking in. Rooms very small and bathroom small. Furnace made loud noisies off and on all night.
Electricity and water was off the last night of our stay.....elevator did not work and had to haul suitcases down three flights of stairs.
Furnishings in lobby did not match and looked like something they purchased at a thrift store.
The rooms were clean.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2006

First and foremost they ripped me off for the room by 20lbs. ($36) a night .. we (a couple) booked thru Last Minute Travel for a package that included air and room. They said I had to pay for my girlfriend because they only booked for a single. All attempts to reason with them were fruitless. Why would I book a trip for two and ask for a single room. As for Last Minute Travel, for sure do not use them, they have been completely unresponsive to the issue.

The room was small, heater made noise all night, the evevator went out, the shower leaked all over the floor, the continental breakfast was meager, at best. There wasn't enough room to fall down in the room. And most importantly the hotel desk staff were rude.

I hope this influeces someone to pass this place up it may be my only satisfaction .. there were others close by, near Earl's Court subway stop which was convient, that looked nice.

• Stayed March 2006