Avni Kensington Hotel
US$245
US$418
US$358
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$196
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$406
US$383
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
1,119 results
All reviewsharrington gardensgloucester roadnational history museumyogurttube stationpiccadilly lineluggage roomcomplimentary breakfastmin walksmall bathroomshort stayreception areaheathrow airportstayed one nightlocation is excellenttwin roomknightsbridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We are writing this from our room at avni Kensington hotel, on arrival we were waiting for longer than 10 minutes for one person to be checked in, whilst the woman answered calls, clicked on computers and genuinely didn't give a darn about people who are waiting, when we were finally seen to, she spoke very little English and knew not a lot about anything, she then told us she ran out of double rooms so upgraded us to an executive room free of charge .... Well no bloody wonder, I'll get to that in a minute!!! When my partner asked about parking he was told he could park out on the street for a maximum of 2 hours and you pay at the meter, as he did, and still got a ticket of £130 when it wasn't even ran out, apparently because he parked in a residential area and permit area?? ... And the need for parking meters are then? when asking the staff about this and why he told us that was where we can park we got, I don't know that's not apart of my business, now whether it's your business or not you really should know about your location and where and where not to park, I'm fairly sure the question 'where can I park?' Would get asked on a daily basis here. Lack of knowledge and lack of remorse etc, don't expect much from the staff here!
Okay now the room, we were upgraded to an executive room, box sized, water damaged ceilings and walls, dirty cups and bathroom wasn't cleaned to well, carpet hadn't been hoovered and curtains were left closed upon entering, the key card didn't need to be used keep the electricity on at all, and no duvet on or in the room, when asking if we could have one we were told they don't do duvets just blankets which was of bad quality and made us itch a lot, it's currently back in the wardrobe whether we use it or not I'm not so sure as this room is Baltic. If this is what there executive rooms are like I wouldn't like to see there standard rooms, what sort of hotel DOESNT 'DO' duvets???
We have yet to go for breakfast but somehow we have a dread upon us. This hotel is somewhat of a faulty towers alike, I'd highly recommend NOT coming here however cheap, you still should have and deserve some sort of standard!!! UTTERLY APALLING!!! Will definitely not be coming back, even if my life depended on it!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Wayne L
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Hotel was close to the tube which was great, on arrival we were greeted by the staff who are polite, the foyer was presented nice with a couch and information, however it was far too hot.

The room we stayed in was a superior room, it was a little larger than standard, the room was clean and tidy we had a front facing room with a balcony, this would be great to site out on a nice day however you only have one chair in the room to take out if you wish to sit out. Room size was OK the bathroom door would not fully open due to the bed size - however it wasn't much of an issue, the bathroom were modern and clean, the shower was had great power and plenty of hot water.

The patio doors to the balcony are only held closed by a little lever, and the patio is joined to the few room along that floor

I would stay again,

Room Tip: We stayed in room 104 road facing, the room is nice, but you can sometimes hear cars/vans on the road
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We both liked a lot. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We had quiet, peaceful room at back (not on street side) and after all I was very happy about it. Room was clean and big one (if I´m thinking room sizes before in London). Radiator was very hot when we came but not for long time, so radiator was working well too, both ways. Breakfast was good for the price. And tube and buses were nice close to this hotel, also nice restaurants and pubs. Area is also safe and peaceful. And definitely stay here again when in South Kensington, London.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank paivi68
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel room was nothing same as the picture. The room was very small and we had to moved our luggages around to fitted in room. No air-conditioning and was really warm at night time. We had to open the window you to get some air in but we can't really sleep because of the noise from the street outside!!. Everything in room are finished as bad...cheap quality, the table is cheap quality made which the lamp is lighter than the cable and plug , keep falling off from the table. At 5 mins to 11 am, the housekeeping was just let herself into our room without knocking the door!!. luckily we were about ready to check out. The location is 15 mins walk from the tube.
Receptionist - some of staff really helpful and friendly but some of them seem they dont want to be there. Stay away from this hotel....pay a little more for a good hotel.

Room Tip: Short break.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
2  Thank cannababes
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The only reason I can't give this 5 seems trivial as I didn't really care, but the sound on our tv in the room wasn't right, I could have perhaps asked them to fix it, but it was late and I wasn't that fussed anyway just passing 1 mins whilst my girlfriend got ready. Had I been staying longer it could have been an issue, but I wasn't staying in a hotel to watch TV. Bathroom was great, room was clean, bed comfy. Staff were nice and breakfast was great for the price I paid. Excellent value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple