“Don't stay here”

Kensington Rooms
Ranked #989 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Windows did not shut properly. Blinds did not shut properly, not that it mattered much as many of them were missing or damaged. Tv 12 inch with remote that did not work. Dirty carpets. Shower did not work at all. This is the first review I have written as its the 1st time I have felt strongly enough to do so. Staff did not want to know about shortcomings. The location is the only thing going for this place.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The rooms are very old they looked nothing like the pictures I was on the second floor and even tho there is a lift i still had to carry my bag up stairs my room was facing the road and was very loud the shower was terrible I almost flooded the bathroom as it is very small the tv is very old
im surprised it still works. The only good thing about the place was the continental breakfast and the breakfast were great. Front office were not very helpful and looked like they didn't want to be there I'm glad it was only for one night

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Aussie in Scotland
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The shower head poured water out like your standing under a bucket, we asked if this could be fixed but no, it couldn't. Our bottom sheet ripped from being so worn in between the two beds that are pushed together to make one enormous bed and it was not replaced. We had to use our towels to mop up the water that gushed from the shower. We cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2013

OK, so this is probably a 3.5 out of 5 all in all, so I upgraded my score to a 4, as I feel 3 doesn't do it justice. this place doesn't try and be anything special, so if you want just a room in a good location close to Gloucester Road tube, then you can't go wrong here. For £125 for the night I'm certainly not complaining and they have complimentary papers in the morning which is a nice touch.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed 26 April 2013

As has been said by other contributors the location is perfect to access London and the airport with the Gloucester Rd station around the corner.
The restaurants in the area are fair but he place seems quite safe
The hotel is old and in need of a make over, but there's a supply and demand issue, so at the moment it's not and provided you get a good price through one of the booking agencies.
Staff are fine and will assist if require advice

Room Tip: Free wifi up the road at Cafe Nero
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I recently stayed at The Kensington Rooms while my wife was in hospital nearby having an operation. The proximity to South Kensington and Gloucester Roa tube stations made it an ideal choice. The booking price was reduced heavily and I felt blessed at my luck as I left the booking till quite late in the day. Even when I decided to extend the stay the hotel stuck with a discounted rate.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 17 April 2013

After reading the other reviews for this hotel when my company booked me in I was not impressed . However I was pleasantly surprised !! The hotel is in a great location - really close to Gloucester road tube on the circle line. The reception looks great and due to the reviews I asked for a back room, this was not a great request as " we are very full but I will have a look". After a discussion re "is the shower ok in that room (?)" I received my key. Lift up to 1st floor,short walk and a very teeny tiny single room BUT clean tidy all in working order, with a functioning clean ensuite!!! The window opened into a central courtyard and had a wooden blind - I left the window open with the blind down and slept well. Comfy bed pillows and duvet. As a single female traveller this was an ok result. Prob not want to spend too long there or with my hubby but really really ok !!! Breakfast was buffet style but again sufficient to set me back on the tube/days work. I have stayed in 5* before and ok this doesn't compare but for ease and convenience WELL DONE !!!

• Stayed April 2013