“As long as you're not staying” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Kensington Rooms
Ranked #1,009 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Leon, Nicaragua
“As long as you're not staying”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

There's very little included at this hotel, but you know, if you're not going to stay in your room all day, but actually be out and about, you probably won't mind. The room itself was not very large, and most of it was occupied by a huge bed. Bathroom was pretty ok, as well, even had a small tub. My only two issues being bad ventilation in the bathroom and the fact that I couldn't avoid getting a lot of water on the bathroom floor upon showering. Usually not a problem, but there was no drain in the floor.
Other than that, the hotel is situated close enough to an underground station for me to be happy, making my final complaint the following:
On the night before our departure we both fell asleep with the telly on. This had apparently caused complaints with the other inhabitants, walls were thin, but this was taken care of in a very impolite manner that I have very little understanding of.
At 2 o'clock an elderly man working at reception locks himself in without knocking and without a "please" or "excuse me" brusquely tells us to turn down the sound and asking us why we weren't answering the phone. A phone that was placed directly beside my head, and hadn't made a sound since we got there. This resulted in me lying awake for the next hour listening to the party going on in one of the other rooms, pondering this highly unpleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Eliassen1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Stayed here for our 1st anniversary this weekend and i wont be staying here again. The pictures on the website make it look alot better than it really is.The room was very poor windows were dirty the double bed we asked for was two singles pushed together with a sheet over it. The bathroom was no better the shower head holder was broken and the head was just left in the bath, there was also a few chips in the bath.The price of the breakfast differed from what we got told via our email confirmation. All in all i would not be paying the price we paid to stay here again, was abit pricey for what we got.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DavidCallistan

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

Well like everyone else I like to my research, I booked kensington rooms hotel then I did a silly thing and got freaked out by all the bad reviews.... Well I'm here now with really pleasent staff and the room "the family room" is the nicest place I have stayed at my whole 3 weeks in the uk (the plaza kensington being one of them) bedroom is beautiful big and clean, bathrooms fantastic! The best location, and well me and my family are really happy here can not praise them more on there hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

The hotel looks great on websites. The lobby looks fine, however the rooms are in a bad state of disrepair. The bathrooms are old and badly renovated, the paint chips and the tabs are bad. The floors are bad and the windows are really loud. Would not stay here again!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Skigasp
Cork, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

The hotel is on busy Cromwell road.single glazed windows meant we breathe traffic as if we were On the footpath. The room was right beside the kitchens and we could hear everything (when the traffic calmed). The whole place has the air of a hotel that has gone into liquidation and is been run on the cheap.
The hot tap in the bathroom was seized. I asked twice for it be fixed and nothing happened. The lamps in the room didn't work. I asked twice for them to be fixed and I was given light bulbs that didn't fit. The bar in the hotel is closed and the fees for Wi-Fi were ridiculous

1 Thank Ingeldot
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to this hotel thinking there was a bar as advertised but when we got there it was being re furbed which was not stated, plus if you do book this hotel make sure you ask for a room at the back of hotel because the noise from the traffic keeps you awake, staff was friendly enough though and location not bad 2 mins from underground but we will not be booking again

1 Thank Mcbrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I have stayed in here for two weeks I would like to say about the hotel that its clean , nice , quite with a staff that worth every money that I have spent in London ! Cleaning deserves a 10 rate and the food and the staff the same ! The hotel is very quite with a lot of opportunities to visit and to get faster wherever you want ! I recommend this and u will be back here anytime

1 Thank Lillyannaaa