“A good hotel in the perfect place!”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #694 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I booked this hotel because it was the only one I found that had availability on the dates I was supposed to be in London. It is very centrally located, about 10 min. away on foot from Victoria station. It is clean, and the staff is really kind and helpful. The breakfast is good, and the ladies that prepare it are most kind and efficient. The only disadvantage I can think of, it's the small size of the bedrooms. However, having said that, my son and I were in the room only at night, to sleep. If you do not need to stay in your room for extended periods of time during the day, it is the PERFECT choice. I will certainly recommend this hotel to my friends, and I will certainly go back to stay there on my next visit to London!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you very much for your glowing review.

We are always very happy when guests enjoy their stay with us.

With regard to the size of the rooms, as I have often mentioned that older properties did not have en-suites and unfortunately to meet todays standards every room requires one. The original room space therefore is reduced to make way for the en-suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I came here for one night only with my daughters. I couldn't fault the Victoria Inn. Reception staff, all that I met were friendly and helpful, I couldn't fault them. Our room was triple room and yes it was small, but, very clean and had television and a lovely clean bathroom. I asked for quiet room and it was, and on a plus side too it was in a shaded area and the room were cool which was needed due to excellent sunny weather last few days.

Breakfast was fine all that we needed, only little snag was that with my fruit would have liked some yoghurt, but that's all I could fault and wasn't a problem. You could also sit outside in the sunshine if you wished to eat your breakfast, which some people did as it was a very sunny morning. Also staff had told me when we checked in, that they could store our luggage when we checked out at 11am, it was safe and locked up whilst we travelled around London which was ideal. We picked our luggage up early evening to catch our train back home.

I cant fault the Victoria Inn, and would definitely go again, plus we had an amazing time in London, and didn't want to come home!

(Sorry Ive rated the pool, but shouldn't have as there isn't one, but I wasnt able to get rid of all the stars, sorry).

Room Tip: We asked for quiet room, ours was triple room, and got it, fab!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank robo12324

What a lovely review, thank you very much.

It is coincidental that you have mentioned Yoghurt as we are currently looking into including this with our breakfast menu.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for 1 night as close to passport office where had to renew my passport.5 minute walk to office.Room was clean and comfortable.Breakfast was good with plenty of choices.Staff were very friendly and helpful.Location was perfect very central.Negative is that the area where breakfast is served is very small for the amount of guests staying.Can get very crowded and hot in small room.Although has seating outside this cant always be used during cold English weather.Overall i was pleased with my stay for what i paid and would return again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Linda B, Guest Relations Manager at Victoria Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Your review was very discriptive and we thank you for that.

It does depend on the time guests decide to take breakfast and as you say whether al-fresco dining is available on the terrace. We are hoping in the near future to utilise some space to make the breakfast area bigger but unfortunately these things take time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spent one night at Victoria Inn, and was happy with our stay. We wanted a “cheap” hotel close to a metro station, as we planned on spending all day out and about. Check-in was fast, but it did not seem common that they had rooms ready before 2pm. The elevator was very small, and the hallways narrow (it was probably an old house). We had booked a room for three people, and we were impressed that they had actually managed to fit a double bed and a single bed in the room. It was tiny, and when we had put our suitcases down, we could barely move. The floor creaked, and the walls seemed paper thin (we could easily hear the other guests). It was definitely not designed for three people, but if all you plan is to sleep there, I guess it is adequate. The room was clean, and the bathroom was modern. The room (obviously) got a bit hot during the night, but we slept with the window open and did not hear any noise. There were coffee and tea making facilities, but no minibar or toiletries.

The hotel was very centrally located, less than ten minutes’ walk from the metro (Pimlico station). The street was quiet and cosy, and with plenty of other small hotels. They offer complimentary breakfast in a very small breakfast room, and it was enough to fill us up (toast, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs, tomato beans etc.).

I would recommend the hotel for two people (but not three) in need of a simple place to crash for the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TheSuitcase

The rooms are on the small side mainly due to spce taken by en-suites that were not invrented when the building was erected.

However we are a budget hotel in a fantastic location and as you say if your plans are to tour London and want somewhere comfortable to sleep then Victoria Inn is the ideal place to stay.

Hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Hotel older and dated but our room was very clean but small. Staff were friendly and I enjoyed the breakfast. Really just eggs, beans, cereal, toast and varies rolls. Great central location and great price

• Stayed: June 2014

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

I trust you were able to see many attractions in London helped by the great location of Victoria Inn.

Very much hope to wlecome you again soon.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I paid £149 for a triple room for myself, my wife and our daughter. The room was ok although the toilet was blocked upon our arrival, the toilet door had no lock, there was only 1 pillow per person and i have seen bigger dishtowels than those provided. The breakfast was pretty grim also and the only plates available were saucers so eating scrambled egg on toast was a challenge!!
The room did serve its purpose and the staff were very helpful though..
P.S. There is no free wifi

• Stayed: June 2014

The older style properties often have small rooms as a portion of the original room is used for an en-suite.

We offer a continental breakfast. You do not say whther you asked for more plates.
There is no shortage of plates or breakfast replenishments, both could have been made available if you had asked.

There is no such thing as "Free Wifi" - the price is either hidden in the accommodation price or charged for separately. As some of our guests do not wish to use wi-fi we think it unfair to charge everyone.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Stayed for one night on business.

The hotel is well located, 5 minutes walk from Pimlico tube station and about 10 minutes walk from Victoria.

Staff at reception are nice and helpful.

The rooms are clean and functional, and it's quiet enough. I had a pretty good sleep. Free wifi.

It's pretty good value for London and I would've given 4/5 except the breakfast was pretty shoddy. There's very little to choose. From in the help-yourself basement breakfast room. It's lists as "continental" but you're really talking eggs, beans and toast. I realise it is termed a budget hotel but, if you're going to offer fruit salad, please do more than just open a tin. There are budget hotel chains who offer a much better breakfast at a similar price per night.

Hopefully that's not too negative but I do think that a better breakfast offer would mean I would consider a repeat stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review.

The full range of our continental breakfast covers, fuit juice, cereal, bread rolls, jams, eggs, sausages, beans, toast and fruit salad.

You do not say whether you came to breakfast late or not, but had you spoken to the waitress she could have replenished the dshes for you.

Hope it did not spoil your stay too much and hopefully see you again soon.