“A welcomed stay”

Atlanta, Georgia
“A welcomed stay”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

To the staff at The Amsterdam Hotel,

Thank you so much for the wonderful stay two weeks ago. I am an American who'd been staying in Manchester for a while, and who used to live in London. I so enjoyed visiting the city again, and all the staff I interacted with were incredibly friendly and helpful! Barbora in particular was lovely, remembering me by name as well as my room number, and giving great advice about my plans and activities every day.

The breakfast was nice, my room well-cleaned and kept, as were all community areas. I would definitely stay again.

Thank you again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Katie B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Greek first
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We were very pleased with this hotel. First, the young woman at the front desk was delightful, and so helpful! My wife and I, along with our two grown sons, stayed in a family room, meaning we had one full bed and two twin beds. The room was a satisfactory size, very clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was small, but very clean, and had everything we needed. We loved the tiny old fashioned elevator, which only had room for one person at a time, but it provided the lift we needed. Breakfast was included in the price and was quite good. The hotel was less than a block from an Underground station, and close to restaurants. All in all, an exceptional value.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Kerry M
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 December 2013

this hotel has its good location, and the services as excellent. Room is very nice, neat and clean.and our room always be neated up again while we were outside. Staff there were great, so helpful and extremely friendly, you can easily find their smiles. breakfast was good. wish to stay again

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Liketravelgirl
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We came to London for football long weekend me and my 2 sons.
Thanks to Barbara & Kamran for yours big smile and for your best service !!!!!
you just had to ask for something and thay did all there efforts & help to make you happy!
The rooms are Okay !

Room Tip: all rooms are small but good !
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Eilon R
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The location for this Hotel is excellent.The Rooms are really nice and spotlessly clean. Staff were great, so helpful and friendly, good breakfast and to my daughter's delight Free WiFi! can't wait to stay again :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Michelle_Harwood
Leeds, UK
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I only stayed here for one night as I was transferring through London, but I know the area well (socially); I just have never stayed there. I’m sometimes a little wary of booking through one particular website, but I didn’t really have a lot of choice, but I was pleased with the outcome. When I arrived to check-in in the morning, I knew that my room would possibly not be available. But the chap on reception was very accommodating and checked with housekeeping to see when the room would be ready by and also took my suitcase to look after as I had a few errands to run. He said that in about an hour the room would be ready.

I returned just over an hour later and the room was indeed ready. The room was a bit on the small side, but it wasn’t really an issue as I was only there for one night and I was a single traveller. Had I been staying there for longer or with my partner, then I would probably have asked to be moved. The lift was extremely small and I had a large suitcase so it was a bit of a squeeze. Again, I wasn’t overly concerned as I would prefer a small lift that I can just fit into as opposed to lugging a heavy suitcase all the way up the stairs.

I didn’t have breakfast in the morning, but I did pop my head in to the breakfast room and it was packed with no room left for me to sit, so clearly a popular choice. On seeing that I had popped in, one of the staff came over to me and asked if I would like a coffee and would I like to come back in about 15 minutes and she would have a table for me. I declined the table, but took the coffee and thought that this was a nice touch of customer service.

I’m not sure how reviewers can say that this isn’t a great location as it’s literally across the road from the tube station and there are loads of things to do in the locality and around Earls Court. I’m not sure the comment about homeless people and migrant workers is relevant either, as you see this in pretty much every major city in the UK (and also the not so major cities) and that has no impact on the hotel at all. So don’t be put off by that comment as it is not a rough area.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I needed a quick stay in London and would recommend it for others too. Keep up the good customer service – bad customer service is the number one thing that people in the UK despise and because there is so much choice out there, one bad experience is enough to put people off for life.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Crouching_Hippo
Paris
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I had stayed in London for six days with my family, and two other friends. Since we were five and the stay is reletively long, I organized quite a long time before our arrival, and we were lucky to have booked this hotel! We arrived early in the morning, tired and exusted by the transport, and a young lady Barbara greeted us with such a kindness that our tireness was washed away instantly. She helped us with luggages and answered questions comimg from five persons some don't speak perfect english and others needed translation. She answered with such a patience and we were overwhelmed by joy right at the begining of our stay in London. There is nothing better than a great reception who make you trust the place you are going to stay up on arriving at a forgien country. The following days she has been the hope of our troubles and one of the best part of our trip to London. We all want to express our appreciations for this hotel and especially to Barbara. I hope to stay at the same hotel in near future and I would love to recommand this hotel to all of you who have trouble finding one in grand London.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family