“Apart from the location very average”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #372 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 January 2014

stayed here with my daughter - the location close to Euston and the tube were the reason for staying and the only reason I would return. I had issues with the room keys to start with - they were in the midst of changing the type of locks and I was given the wrong type. It is quite a walk back to reception with a heavy bag so I waited in the corridor hoping for a member of staff to pass - eventually a very helpful housekeeper came along and arranged for another key to be brought up. Two days later my key stopped working so this time with no bag I trooped back down to reception. We had one dinner in the restaurant which was average but quite expensive and 2 breakfasts - the continental items were okay but the cooked option was very disappointing - certainly not worth the difference in cost. The room was quiet, warm and large enough - there were lots of toiletries in the dispensing bottles but personally I thought they were awful - medicinal like cold remedies !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rebem
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Guets,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

So disappointed with this hotel. Room lacks many of the basics one expects of a 4 star hotel.
No bedside light, no dressing gowns, heated towel rail not working.
The breakfast was very disorganised and slow.
Would never go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LRennison
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is extremley disappointing to find that you did not have a good stay with us. I have sent you a message so that I can find out which room number you stayed in and if there is anything we can do to try and regain your trust in the organisation.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed for 3 nights as a family of 6 in 3 rooms. Our overall experience was v enjoyable. Staff (Nordine especially) were helpful & friendly, particularly over a problem we had with delivery of football tickets. Hassan was helpful and welcoming at breakfast time & quickly settled us at a table - breakfast was not cheap but was fresh and comprehensive so we certainly didn't go hungry.

#231 is right next to bridge to adjoining back section of hotel and was a bit noisy late at night and early morning. #212 & 214 had noisy bathroom plumbing which gurgled throughout the night. Rooms were clean & functional but varied in size.

Good location a minute from Warren Street tube with Northern & Victoria lines.

Room Tip: Away from lift and main corridor areas
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maggie T

Dear Maggie,

Thank yo so much for sharing your feedback with us -It is very much apprecaited!

Nordine will be delighted to know he made a difference to your stay, I will pass on your kind comments.

I trust we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff and good clean rooms although do vary in size. Only down side to hotel is that front is on Tottenham court rd which can be noisy at night. Get a room elsewhere and it's very quiet and pleasant. Right by Warren street tube - so really convenient - and plenty of restaurants in local area. Good breakfast as well.
l

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Hannylj

Dear Hanny,

Thank you so much for dharing your feedback with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel it is very much appreciated.

The team and I hope to have pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed NYE for one night - having booked the hotel back in August it's safe to save we were both looking forward to our stay. We're in our mid-twenties and were looking for a modern, comfortable and enjoyable place to stay.

We stayed in room 438 and payed £200 for one night. The room was situated right outside the elevators and was no bigger than a 'large cupboard'. Tiny bed, paper thin walls and an air conditioning unit you could hear from outside the room. Having an ice dispenser placed outside the door was nothing but an annoyance... you could hear everything from people walking passed to people dropping ice!

We could have booked a Premier Inn or Holiday Inn for the half the price but thought we'd treat ourselves as its new years eve. Big mistake - we couldnt have been more disapointed.

I would have not paid no more than £75 a night!!! .... other than location - not worth it!

Room Tip: If you booking a standard double... I wouldnt bother. Certainly not for any more than £100 a night!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Joanna,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is truly disappointing to read that you we failed to deliver the excellent level of service we strive to provide for our guests. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused, rest assured your comments have been hightlighted to the Hotel Management team.

I have sent you a message so that I can gather more information and hopefully make up for our shortfalls in the future. Once again, my extended apologies for the poor experienced you suffered.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I stayed here for three nights in October 2013. I arrived at the hotel around 9am and thought I'd have to come back in the afternoon to check in. However my room was ready to go so I was very pleased.

I am a wheelchair user so always worry about a hotels accessibility but was instantly impressed. I had been in touch with the hotel once is made my reservation as I was concerned about not having access to a roll in shower in the standard disabled rooms. The staff were great and very accommodating. They offered me a larger room that wasn't classed as a wheelchair room but it had a large walk in shower instead. The suite we were shown too was unbelievable. It was so spacious and really made you feel like you were in a luxury apartment. The living/dining area was huge! I could get my chair in and around the room very easily. The bedroom and bathroom were also large in space. The walk in shower was spotless and very easy to use. The bed was extremely comfy and very big! I'm usually very uncomfortable in a bed that hasn't got my supports in but there was so many pillows, the mattress was very comfy and you had so much room, that a good nights sleep would be hard to avoid! I The hotels bar was also very accessible and all the staff were friendly and happy to accommodate my needs. We ordered room service one day and the food was absolutely gorgeous.

The hotels location is fantastic for anyone who's visiting the UCL hospital. We were literally opposite from the hospitals entrance. The staff were always happy to get you a taxi which is a big help when your in a wheelchair! However, because of the bus lane outside the hotel, it usually took a while to get one.

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here and I've stayed again since when visiting the hospital.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Lolly,

I am absolutley delighetd to hear that the Grafton team made your stay so special – thank you so much for recognising their efforts – rest assured your ffeedbcak will be passed on.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I wrote another review of the hotel earlier indicating there was no response from the hotel when I tried to send them emails. Since then, the hotel has responded and they really made sure to correct the situation. I am quite impressed with the way they handled things.

The check in was flawless and we were granted an early check in. The room was wonderful, it was a corner suite with large marble tile bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. The staff was excellent, everyone from the checkin desk to the bar staff were professional, friendly and welcoming. I was extremely impressed.

The bed was very comfortable and the housekeeping did an excellent job throughout the stay. The room was just a bit noisy from the ambulance sirens periodically, but its to be expected in a large city. Non-issue for me really.

The location is perfect, right next to Warren Street station, walking distance to Soho, many fun areas and attractions. Really easy to get around the city.

Would stay here in a second, really impressive staff, great operation.

Room Tip: Their suites are great
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Asnovici,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedbcak with us on your recent stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absolutley delighted to read that we were able to make up for our service shortfalls and that we made up for it during your stay!

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near futre.