“Excellent”

Ranked #354 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Amman, Jordan
“Excellent”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

One night stay. Lovely exec double room. Spacious, spotless, very comfy bed and pillows. Excellent breakfast. Would stay again without a doubt. Lots of wonderful places to eat nearby. Just about 10 mins walk from dominion theatre, which is why we chose here. Our room was first floor, front of building. Noise didn't bother us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kthorny123
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear Norma,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absoutley delighted you had such a fantastic time her at The Grafton hotel. If I can be of any assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know, I can easily be contacted via customer services or the hotel.

Warm regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived early expecting to leave our bags and check in later, to our delight we got checked in straight away, quickly and efficiently. The room was of adequate size, clean and comfortable. Our breakfast was excellent and the staff helpful and friendly. Location was perfect for getting around London.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roselyn_mcfarlane
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Dear Roselyn,

This a wonderul review – Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

The Grafton team and I look hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Warmest regards,
Greenhithe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Hotel is clean and tidy and with lovely features.

Just a shame the staff are deaf... either that or they are just the most inconsiderate humans to ever grace the Earth!

I booked the hotel for a nice break with my husband. We have a 2 1/2 year old child and more often than not he has me up 3-4 times in the night for various reasons and then arises at 5am to start the day. So, we were both looking forward to some sleep to be honest!

But no

I would have honestly been better staying at home and being woken up by my child 3-4 times by my son.

1am - door SLAMMING, staff talking loudly in the corridors, more slamming
2am More slamming
3am more slamming and a Chinese member of staff banging buckets on a wall (yes really)
(repeat in hourly intervals)
6am - Slamming and what sounded like some sort of mechanical robot walking around the corridors
7am member of staff loudly slamming door and wheeling laundry baskets down the hall whistling loudly - at this point I opened my door and shouted at him, he apologised and looked shocked that a guest was actually staying in a hotel
7.30am Indian member of staff loudly talking on his mobile phone, again I shouted at him- he carried on his conversation
Followed by a nice 8am knock at the door (check out was 11am)

So at this point we gave up attempting to get any sleep, both far too fuming to sleep anyway.

Spoke to the manager on check out, who wrote our complaint on a notepad - which really helped and made us feel valued .........NOT

Will definitely be taking this further

Paid £159 to be kept awake all night by the inconsiderate idiots that work here

Room Tip: Don't sleep in 513
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rachael j
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear Rachael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

My apologies that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay.

I do hope that you would consider staying with us in the future so that I myself can make this right for you.

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel as part of a couple for two nights over New Year. The hotel rooms were clean and spacious and the staff were polite and friendly.

We ate in the hotel restaurant on New Year's day and the food was well cooked, beautifully presented and not overpriced. We also enjoyed some cocktails with our meal, which I would recommend to anyone wishing to use the trunk bar. The room service breakfast also arrived on time and the hot food was the perfect temperature on arrival. We also had to check out at 11.00 although we weren't leaving London until 18.30, so the hotel kept our baggage in storage for us until we were ready to leave.

We paid extra for a deluxe room and it was worth the money for the extra space and amenities.

This hotel is situated near to a hospital so you do hear the occasional siren, but I personally didn't think it was often enough or loud enough to affect your sleep. It is also situated round the corner from Euston station and right next to Warren Street subway station so is perfectly situated for getting around London.

One thing to be aware of is that the fridges in the hotel rooms are interactive, so if you pick anything up it automatically gets added onto your bill. If you don't remove the items from the room and contact reception, however, the staff are very pleasant and they delete the items from your bill.

I would definitely return to this hotel I had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AshleiMcKay
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you would recommend Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for choosing to stay with us!
I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Best regards,
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We travelled to London for New Years and had a great stay at the radisson. Highlights were the staff, the location and the rooms. the staff were always chatty and willin to go above and beyond even running out into the rain to hail taxis, the location was absolutely fantastic 30 second walk to warren street station which got you to all the major stops in 1-3 stops. The rooms were very spacious and the beds were very comfortable. The one thing that did annoy me was that being on a holiday you do expect to be able to have a bit of a sleep in...no chance. Every morning from 8.30 the vacuum would be going in the hallway and you could hear doors creaking open and closed with the clanging of dirty dishes. Extremely frustrating when you are jet lagged or want a sleep in. Apart from that I would recommend staying here, maybe just ask for a room away from a service door and towards the back of the hotel and not on the street side

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank bec f
Dear Bec,,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is very much appreciated!
Please accept my apologies that you were disturbed during the mornings, I have passed on your comments to the Head Housekeeper.

Kindest Regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times on business as it is one of the London hotels my organisation uses regularly - stayed most recently in December 2013. The location is a strong selling point - right next door to Warren Street tube station, just around the corner from Euston Square tube station, a short hop from Euston and King's Cross St Pancras railway stations, and well served by buses into the West End. Noise can be an issue given that the hotel is located right on a busy road near a major junction - request a rear-facing room if possible as these are surprisingly peaceful. Rooms are very small but this isn't unusual for central London and they are cosy and designed to make the best use of the available space, with some nice touches like an iPod docking station provided. Guest floors can only be accessed with a key card which I found reassuring as a solo female traveller. Complimentary wifi is supposedly available throughout the hotel but I have found that the signal is been so weak in the rooms that it is often unusable without going down to the lobby or restaurant which can be a pain. Breakfast is expensive if not included in your room price but good quality and enhanced by Hasan's cheery morning greetings!

Room Tip: Ask for a rear-facing room away from the lifts for more peace and quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Luo_Qing81
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

The team and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We happened to arrive at the hotel much earlier than the stated check in time, around 9am, however rather than simply storing our luggage the reception staff were extremely helpful and allowed us to check in right away.
The room was clean, well set up and in a quiet area of the hotel. The room service lights are a nice touch, saves people removing do not disturb signs from your door! With the room being away from the road, it was a short walk from the hotel entrance, but that is to be expected in any hotel. The breakfast was very nice, I would have liked it if there was more water available, but the food was very nice, and eating later on in the service allows for a very quiet and relaxed breakfast.
The location is great for access to warren street station, and is close to supermarkets and coffee shops just in case you need something!
Very nice hotel and staff, would definitely come again!

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Bal07
Dear Bal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedbcak with us.

I am delighted to read taht you enjoyed your stay. If I can be of assistance with future reservations do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.