“Tired and no atmosphere”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #371 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I was in London for a night and selected this on the basis of having stayed at Radisson Blu hotels in the past, and the need to be close to the Eurostar for an early morning departure.
Check in was fine, but I was massively disappointed in the room for which I had paid over £200 for on a last minute web site - it was so small that the gap between the end of the bed and the bathroom was was 30cm - everything else in the room was OK, but but generally tired. I went down to get some dinner and I would I would not recommend the experience. The decor is fluorescent lights in a huge space that gave it a very industrial feel and then , with the place half empty, we were informed we would have to wait at least half an hour as they were 'very busy'. Getting a drink was difficult and I ended up getting this myself. The food,when it arrived , was fine.
I think the hotel is well located due to proximity to Euston and Kings Cross / St Pancras but the top end of Tottenham Court Road is not particularly pleasant to walk about and I feel the hotel trades on commuter traffic and so does not try very hard. One to avoid in my estimation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Ninkasi
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Ninkasi,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

It is very disappointing to read that you did not have a pleasant experience with us, however we do appreciate all feedbcak – negative and positive – as it is vital to the success of the hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction, due to the historic nature of the hotel the rooms do vary in size and layout, with this said, should you return to the hotel I can ensure you get a room that is spacious and to your peferences.

I have passed on your feedback to Food and Bevearge Manager who will look into this and take the neccesary corrective steps to avoid this happening in the future.

On this note, if I can ever be of any help making reservations please do not hesitate to let me know as I am more than confident that we will surmount expectation and make you a true advocate of the Grafton hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,760)

Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I am on a one night stay at the grafton and I have to say I am very impressed. The lobby is stunning, the hotel is very modern. If you're coming from the Midlands the bonus is it's only 5/6 minutes walk from Euston station so you don't need to use the underground! It's also only a 15/20 min stroll from oxford street so good location.

The staff are really friendly, the beds comfortable and really for an overnight stay it's perfect. My one small issue that stops it being 5 star is the fact that the rooms are small and that the view from my room seems to be some pipework in a courtyard! But this is minor and overall a lovely stay.

The main question is would I go back? Well simply due to the fact that when I get off the train at Euston I can walk to the hotel and not have to get on the underground the answer is a definite YES! well done Grafton hotel. (i'm a travel agent by the way so sell and have been to a lot of hotels and I will definitely sell this one to my Midlands clients for london breaks!)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank dh174

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, it is always reassuring to hear positive feedback!

May we thank you also for highlighting our superb location, as you mentioned Euston is only a 5 minute walk, Warren Tube Station less than a stone throw away and King Cross St Pancras less than a 10 minute walk so it really is perfect for leisure and business.

My apologies that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction, however I am glad that you will definitely be returning as it will give us an opportunity to allocate a room that is completely to your preference.

If I can be of assistance with making any reservations at all do not hesitate to let me know via the hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 18 March 2014

my mam and me stayed here overnight while we went to see priscilla queen of the desert, we wasnt dissapointed, the hotel is a stones throw away from euston station on tottemcourt court road and was beautiful on entry, we had a twin room en suite and the room was lovely, 32" tv, kettle and refreshments in the cupboard, small table and chairs, comfy beds and sooo clean, we loved it, we also stayed for an evening meal, this was a little expensive but very nice, both me and my mam had ceaser salad with chicken breast and chips a cold drink and a hot drink and there wasnt much change from £50 but i guess that was because it was good and because of the location we didnt complain and we would certainly stay there again. It was nice to relax in the evening watching telly and in the morning we had a lovely cooked breakfast, bacon sausage scrambled egg toast fresh juice and tea but there was a choice of breakfast so it was a lovely stay, the only negative we could see that the choice was limited for the evening meals however the hotel is situated on tottenham court road so its not like you dont have the chance to go somewhere else! the staff was very helpful and let us leave our bags for a few hours before we returned home. we will be staying here again thats for sure, take a look online at the pictures to give you an idea.

Room Tip: just speak to the staff they are very accommodating.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Guest,

May we thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us; It is always reassuring to read such positive comments.

I do hope you enjoyed Priscilla, Queen of the Desert – It has received many good reviews! Indeed, our hotel is in very close proximity to many theatres, restaurants & tourist attractions – Perhaps next time you stay you could see We Will Rock You which is just at the end of Tottenham Court Road! My apologies that you found the menu in Trunk Bar limited, next time please feel free to ask if the Chef can rustle something up, it really wouldn’t be a problem in the slighted.

To this end; I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon. If I myself can be of any assistance with making reservations or simply ensuring a special occasion is noted, please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Had a one night stay Saturday 15th March to celebrate a friends 50th Birthday. I emailed the hotel beforehand to ask for a quiet room at back of hotel and got just that. The room was lovely and beds very comfortable. A lovely added touch was a cake and fruit sent up for my friends birthday. Every member of staff we met were absolutely lovely especially at breakfast. We had the most delicious hot chocolate we have ever tasted. The location is fantastic right right next to Warren street tube station. This is the 3rd Radisson Blu I have stayed in and have never been disappointed. This hotel is a very reasonable priced friendly London hotel where you will receive excellent service. We stayed in room 360 which was lovely. Thank you to everyone for making our stay so lovely.

Room Tip: Back of hotel if possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lilyamseven

Dear Lilly,

It truly is wonderful to read that you and your friend enjoyed your stay, especially as it was for such a special occasion - I am glad we exceeded expectation!

I will of course pass you on your review to the entire Grafton Team, as it will serve as a great motivator to hear that their efforts do count and make a difference.

If ever you are planning a trip into London and need assistance making a reservation don’t hesitate to let me know.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Lovely friendly staff. We got to the hotel early and the room was ready. If wasn't hotel staff are happy to storage your bags and cases. Which was great the next day after checking out as it ment we could spend the day in London bag free.the room was nice a standard double, clean, nicely set out plus comtable bed. Breakfast was amazing something for everyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danjesam

Dear Dan,

It is great to read the Grafton Team being commended for their excellent service once again! Thank you for taking the time to highlight what a wonderful stay you had during your visit to London, it is very much appreciated.

Here at the Grafton we will always try to meet our guests needs, if that means storing luggage if your room is not ready or keeping it safe once you have checked out, then we are more than happy to accommodate.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We chose this hotel based on the reviews and the proximity to Euston Station, and we were very impressed. The 4* room only (no breakfast) was great value for 3 nights in London. We were given the spacious room 255, overlooking the courtyard, which was good as we didn't hear the noise from the main road. A touch to the hotel which gives an added sense of security is that access to the floors with rooms is by keycard only, so you must swipe your room card to activate the lift or open the door on the first floor. There is free wifi, a safe, and complimentary bottled water. The room was made up to a high standard every day we were there. There is a good vibe in the reception area, chilled out music and excellent decor. The staff were all wonderful and carried out their roles in a professional but friendly manner, a cheerful team of staff, smiling and laughing together is lovely to see after a tiring train journey, it made us smile! The hotel is just by Warren St Station for the Northern and Victoria lines. Most of the attractions we visited were on the Northern line anyway, so it is an ideal location for tourists. It was fantastic to get back to the hotel so easily after a long day and relax. I recommend the hotel to people thinking of going to London for a short break, and if I am back in London any time soon, I will book in the hotel again without any hesitations!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 255. If you want a quiet night, ask for a room which doesn't face the road or...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Livz N

Dear Livz,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am delighted to hear that you will definitely been returning to us in the future, do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance with making reservations. Indeed, our location is great for seeing the sights that London has to offer; Warren Street Tube station right next door to the hotel! I must agree the atmosphere in the Lobby is always just spot on – the Grafton Team are lovely to work with, and will always go out of their way to make the guests experience the absolute best that it can be, I will be sure to pass on your complimentary comments.

With regards to our security, it is something that is of the upmost importance, our aim is to ensure are guests are comfortable and relaxed, which means that you have to feel safe – hence the precautions put in place that you mentioned.

Once again, thank you for you feedback.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Absolutely wonderful hotel, my room (deluxe) was amazing and much bigger than I expected with a sofa and little dining table and chairs for two. The bed was really comfortable and the pillows were also. I had a room on the top floor at the back which was nice and quiet, blocking out all the London noise, so I would ask for those options if you get a choice. Another feature I loved was opening the door into a hallway rather than straight into the bedroom, it made it feel much more homely and also one side of the hall is walled with full length mirror which was very handy!

The staff were excellent, very friendly and helpful. The cocktails at the bar are to be noted! We had a couple of drinks before going out, two came complimentary with the booking, which is a lovely touch, and then I was surprised at the reasonable drinks prices so we had another one! For dinner I had room service from the restaurant, also not extortionately priced, which was fantastic - I had the sea bass which was perfectly cooked and beautifully presented.

I felt like, for the quality, I should have paid a lot more than I did for my stay and would definitely recommend it to anyone booking last minute (I think it's much more expensive in advance but I'm not too sure).

I feel I have used all the good adjectives now so I'll have to stop writing to avoid repeating myself :) but all in all a marvellous experience right down to the last detail.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank ItalyBaby

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read that you had such a great experience at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, it is very much appreciated!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your bedroom, Grafton team & Trunk’s delicious cocktails.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future. If I myself can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

Kindest regards,