“Great Hotel in Central London” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #357 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Europe
“Great Hotel in Central London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

I have had the opportunity to stay in this hotel on many occasions while in London on business and vacation. This hotel is a hidden gem. The staff are always friendly, there is a nice ambiance, the rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. I would recommend this hotel. While only a short walk from Oxford Street, it is also located near two tube stations, "Warren Street" & "Googe Street", therefore if is easy to get all over London.

Stayed December 2013
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear David,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton. We are delighted to read that you find the staff friendly and the rooms comfortable, however, I am really pleased that you noticed the warm and fun atmosphere in the hotel! The Grafton really does have this feel good energy which is created by the rapport between our guests and the team – thank you for highlighting it!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
MiltonKeynes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at Radisson Hotels in London before and have no complaint with those visits, however this experience was a little different, sloppy service, I booked two rooms for 2 nights, one room for us and one for our granddaughters, Fri arrival and Sun dep. The room were pre-booked and pre-paid for some time ago (theatre break with rooms)

When we checked in we were served by a male trainee, his grasp of English was very poor (I had to repeat our postcode multiple times as he kept getting it wrong) and he clearly lacked confidence in the hotel computer system, he had to ask for help from colleagues several times, this was given but none stayed with him, the whole booking in I think took over 30 minutes and should have been about 5 or 6 minutes as the rooms were both pre-booked and pre-paid, not his fault but they should not have someone on the reception desk in a busy hotel who seriously lacks experience/confidence operating by himself, somebody with more experience should have been with him.

We got to my granddaughters room and saw them into it, we then went to our allocated room and were very surprised when opening the door (card system) to find that the room was obviously occupied, the guests (luckily) were not in but their luggage and personal items were, they will never know that complete strangers who are luckily completely honest were able to enter their room whilst they were out (completely unchaperoned) and could have removed anything so desired, we found this really worrying. Back to our granddaughters room and rang reception and explained, after a few minutes a lady arrived, removed the cards for the wrong room and gave us cards for another room, her explanation for what had happened was a 'computer glitch', a pretty stupid one if that is what it was, more likely inexperienced staff who did not understand what they were doing! There was a further fallout from this, our youngest granddaughter is 16 and we had asked if both rooms could be close together for security reasons, we had expressly requested this when booking some time ago, they never promised they would do but said they would try but its not a difficult request and really was quite a reasonable one, we did not end up on another floor but were not close either, the mix up in rooms lead us to being farther apart because of this than we would otherwise have been.

The actual room was very satisfactory and no complaints over that but traffic noise was constant and unremitting even at 0400 hs at Sunday morning when it woke me yet again, not sure if that's a reason for complaint or not as our room overlooked Tottenham Court Road and there is a very nearby hospital (Sirens!). We had no Bathrobes or slippers which should be supplied with the room (our granddaughters did have these supplied), we had to ring down and get them supplied. On our return on Sat we found the room had been serviced and the used cups and glasses had been removed, unfortunately replacements had not been left and this caused us to have to ring down yet again, a teapot, tea bags and sugar is not a lot of use when you have no cups, a rather obvious omission we felt, over the next hour two separate members of staff arrived with glasses and cups, we went from a dearth to enough to serve a pub.

Breakfast was good and the staff in the dining room were helpful, efficient and friendly, good at their jobs.

Overall, the service was sloppy, glasses, cups, bathrobes, slippers, the hotel is not cheap and I don't expect to have to keep ringing reception to get what should be there in the first place, a lack of management control we felt, these were small matters but there were a number of them which as an aggregation were annoying.

The major worry was being given the entry cards for a room already occupied by other guests, the Radissons are good hotels not doss houses and I think an error on that scale involving the security of guests possessions is unforgivable, The explanation given was trite and frankly unbelievable and if there really was a computer problem then a member of staff should have shown all new guests (like us) to their rooms to make sure that already occupied rooms were not in fact being re-let, the security of guests possessions MUST be paramount. No real apology was received in our view and should have been. We have been happy with other Radisson hotels in London we have stayed at and will use them again however the whole experience at this one was so off-putting for us that its very unlikely we will ever use this particular hotel again. Everyone at the concierge desk was helpful. No individual was ever rude or deliberately unhelpful to us but there seemed to be a lack of overall control.

Room Tip: Try not to book a room overlooking Tottenham Court Road, very noisy traffic, sirens, public all nigh...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OldGitMK
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at the Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We apologize for the disappointing service you received, even more so that it left you with a feeling that our hotel is unsecure. I assure you that this was an isolated incident and that we take the safety of our guests and their belongings extremely seriously. On this note, I would like to clarify that no person can get up to rooms without being a guest in the hotel, we also have security and CCTV. With that said, I would like to extend my apologies further as we are entirely at fault as far as your feedback goes and I will 100% speak to the team and reiterate the importance of team work.

It truly is a shame that you wouldn’t wish to stay with us again as I am confident that upon your return we would more than surmount your expectations and make you a true ambassador of the Grafton hotel and the team. If ever you change your mind and give us an opportunity to reinstate your trust, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I would be delighted to oversee every aspect of your stay and ensure you are very well looked after! I can easily be contacted via the hotel reception.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest regards,
St Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely overnight stay at hotel, friendly staff and clean rooms. Breakfast was nice. Only issue was begrudge paying service charge in the bar as in my view there was no service to require a charge, but overall this was a minor issue and not something to keep me from returning. Would defiantly stay again when in London.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Dropseydays,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for sharing you wonderful feedback.

It is a pleasure to read that you had a great stay and that you will definitely be returning to our hotel, we can’t wait to welcome you back!

With regards to the service charge, it is completely optional, please feel free to ask for it be removed from your bill, I assure it would be absolutely no problem at all, as all we want is for our guests to enjoy their stay and we will do whatever it takes to achieve this.

Warmest regards,
cairo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

This is a very nife hotel with a nice restaurant and a great location.staff are very helpful and the breakfast is good there
They made a free upgrade when they knew that we have a babyit was a very nice touch and tge room was very comfortable
It is right next a subway station si you can ho every where easily
I would definately recommend this hotel to others

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Sarolina,

It is an absolute pleasure to read that you absolutely would recommend our hotel to others, even more so that you enjoyed your stay at the Grafton! Thank you for sharing you experience with us, it is very much appreciated!

Here at the Grafton, if we can we always try to accommodate for our guests needs and understand that travelling with children at times, can be somewhat stressful.

We look forward to your return, if ever we can be of assistance with making any booking or special requests do not hesitate to let us know.

Warm regards,
Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I was blown away with the service I received right from when I first walked in on the 22nd of April, it was late and I lost my charger. The staff assisted me by charging my phone then bringing it to me, I managed to have a full charge for the duration of my stay as they would charge it up overnight for me. They get the little things right, also a comfortable night, I was on the first floor, room was great and surprisingly quiet given the location. Thank you

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

We are extremely pleased to hear how much you've enjoyed your stay with us. Your great feedback is much appreciated and will be shared with the entire TEAM at the Grafton hotel.

It is always the little things that make the biggest difference, even something which takes very little effort can have the greatest affect – Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the very near future.

Kind regards,
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

I would recommend this hotel whole heartedly. Everything about it was most impressive. We have stayed there several times in the past and been very pleased with our stay,but this time the hotel surpassed itself-excellent decor throughout, lovely room and extremely courteous and efficient staff-and here I must make special mention of the breakfast staff, all were first class. When looking for a hotel in London again, we shall look no further than the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christopher E
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Christopher,

Wow, what a truly fantastic review! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing such kind and positive comments following your stay with us.

I am thrilled that when your nest visiting London we are sure to be your hotel. On this note, If I myself can be of any assistance with making future reservation please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kindest regards,
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Beautiful rooms, really helpful receptionist. Lighting in bathroom could be better. Really nice neighborhood, near by is a delicious pizzeria, japanese fastfood. Bus stop outside of the hotel. Underground is nearby.

Room Tip: Ask a room near the elevator, the place is a labyrinth and i guess you wouldnt wont to wonder around...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Anastasia,

Wow! This is a fantastic review, I am so pleased to read you found our rooms beautiful and the team really helpful, I will ensure that your kind words are passed on to the rest of the Grafton hotel also.

Fitzrovia is a charming part of London, especially if you consider yourself a foodie, there are plenty of delicious restaurants all within a stone throw of the hotel.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future. If I can be of any assistance at all with making future reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,