“Noisy”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #372 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I've stayed here quite a few times, but on this latest occasion was woken by persistent noise from the heating system at 4 am - quite impossible to get back to sleep. Really very irritating. Room otherwise comfortable. Good to have a bath and not just a shower. Good breakfast. But check in took far too long - apparently the IT system was playing up - and there is no rapid check out for folks who have nothing to pay. Why not? Why did I have to join a long queue? Sort these out and it will be fine

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davidh of england
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear DavidH,

Thank you for staying at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton and for sharing your feedback on your most recent stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused due to the noise issue you suffered during you recent stay. For future stays, if there is anything that is not satisfactory do not hesitate to dial 8000 for Front Desk and they will do their very best to resolve any problems, the Reception is manned 24hours a day to ensure our guests get the best possible service. Once again, truly sorry for the poor night’s sleep you endured, next time you are staying with us, I kindly ask that you contact me prior so that I personally can over see your reservation and ensure you are well looked after.

With regards to the express check out options, this is something we offer our guests and can be done via the television, simply go to billing and if you have no queries or have nothing to pay, simply click check out and it is as easy as that. My apologies that this was not communicated to you.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, it is very much appreciated.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

For the price it was a great stay. We spent 3 nights and I enjoyed every one. It's located a short bus ride from the train or the air port. The rooms were comfortable and the breakfast was great. They will exchange money for you at the front desk for a reasonable rate.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Patrick,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

It is a joy to read that you had a great experience with us, the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

If ever I can be of assistance with making future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for one week last January. It was the hotel for a group that had a theater performance every evening. So we also dined at the hotel every day. I am a bit taken aback at some of the glowing comments on this board. While the hotel is located right by an underground and there are lots of inexpensive restaurants in the neighborhood, there is quite a bit to criticize about the hotel. It is sorely in need of a do-over. The carpet in my room was so soiled that there was no way I would put a bare foot on it. The furniture is just plain sad and worn. Also, the fire alarm mistakenly went off a couple times during the night but that was blamed on the next door neighbor, not the hotel's equipment. The hotel says it is convenient to the West End theater district. Take that with a grain of salt. The trip to Covent Garden requires an underground ride with one connection. On the positive side, the staff is friendly and helpful; the included breakfast and our sit down dinners were quite good; except for the fire alarms, the room was quiet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank lucille4444
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Lucille,

Thank you for reviewing Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton from your stay in January, it is very much appreciated.
Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay as much as some of our other guests have, this truly is disappointing as we strive to deliver 100% guest satisfaction, if we do not achieve this we urge guests to let us know whilst they are with us so that we can fix immediately in order for our guests to have the best possible experience.
With regards to the carpet in your bedroom being soiled, please let me assure you that we deep clean our carpets every week and take a huge amount of pride in our hygiene standards that the housekeeping team work very hard to up hold, to ensure the bedrooms are more than comfortable for guests, with this said, please accept my sincerest apologies that on this occasion this wasn’t the case.

Furthermore, I would like to clarify that the fire alarm system is attached to our neighbouring business as we are all one building which means, for the safety purposes, when it does sound in partnering establishment, it will sound in the hotel also.

If ever I can be of any assistance with making future reservation please do not hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Mum and I stayed here during our 5 nights in London. We were very pleased with the hotel. The rooms are very well kept and nicely decorated. We had a room facing the street, but were not disturbed by the traffic.
The staff were very nice and professional. We arrived at 9:30 in the morning and got our room straight away, that's what I call service! We got a double instead of the twin that we'd booked, but that didn't bother us.
The hotel has a great location! Oxford Street is within walking distance and so is Regent's Park. Warren Street tube station is just outside the door and Euston Square and Euston train station are a mere 5 minute walk away.
We found the breakfast to be very expensive, but found lots of nice cafes on Tottenham Court Rd instead. There's a Tesco's right next door and a Sainsbury's across the street.
I would, without hesitation, consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Linda,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel and for taking the time to write about your recent experince with us – it is very much apprecaited.

It is such a joy to read that you will definitely being staying with us again! It makes all the hardwork worth it just to hear that we have succeded in making in our goal of delivering exceptioal service.

The team and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future,

Best regards,
Stacey Jasieiwcz

Reviewed 29 April 2014

It was a pleasure to stay here. The place looked very fancy and had a nice design to it. The price didn't damage the wallet and was in a great location. Literally the subway station is outside the hotel which was awesome. Check out my video review by googling: Q0H9hZvvBrU

In the video you can see the room I stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Hrt,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us we are absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed, our location is pretty unbeatable! There is always something going on close by and not to mention all the tourist attractions that are within walking distance.

The team and I truly hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Stacey Jasieiwcz

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have had the opportunity to stay in this hotel on many occasions while in London on business and vacation. This hotel is a hidden gem. The staff are always friendly, there is a nice ambiance, the rooms are comfortable and nicely furnished. I would recommend this hotel. While only a short walk from Oxford Street, it is also located near two tube stations, "Warren Street" & "Googe Street", therefore if is easy to get all over London.

Stayed: December 2013

Dear David,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton. We are delighted to read that you find the staff friendly and the rooms comfortable, however, I am really pleased that you noticed the warm and fun atmosphere in the hotel! The Grafton really does have this feel good energy which is created by the rapport between our guests and the team – thank you for highlighting it!

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have stayed at Radisson Hotels in London before and have no complaint with those visits, however this experience was a little different, sloppy service, I booked two rooms for 2 nights, one room for us and one for our granddaughters, Fri arrival and Sun dep. The room were pre-booked and pre-paid for some time ago (theatre break with rooms)

When we checked in we were served by a male trainee, his grasp of English was very poor (I had to repeat our postcode multiple times as he kept getting it wrong) and he clearly lacked confidence in the hotel computer system, he had to ask for help from colleagues several times, this was given but none stayed with him, the whole booking in I think took over 30 minutes and should have been about 5 or 6 minutes as the rooms were both pre-booked and pre-paid, not his fault but they should not have someone on the reception desk in a busy hotel who seriously lacks experience/confidence operating by himself, somebody with more experience should have been with him.

We got to my granddaughters room and saw them into it, we then went to our allocated room and were very surprised when opening the door (card system) to find that the room was obviously occupied, the guests (luckily) were not in but their luggage and personal items were, they will never know that complete strangers who are luckily completely honest were able to enter their room whilst they were out (completely unchaperoned) and could have removed anything so desired, we found this really worrying. Back to our granddaughters room and rang reception and explained, after a few minutes a lady arrived, removed the cards for the wrong room and gave us cards for another room, her explanation for what had happened was a 'computer glitch', a pretty stupid one if that is what it was, more likely inexperienced staff who did not understand what they were doing! There was a further fallout from this, our youngest granddaughter is 16 and we had asked if both rooms could be close together for security reasons, we had expressly requested this when booking some time ago, they never promised they would do but said they would try but its not a difficult request and really was quite a reasonable one, we did not end up on another floor but were not close either, the mix up in rooms lead us to being farther apart because of this than we would otherwise have been.

The actual room was very satisfactory and no complaints over that but traffic noise was constant and unremitting even at 0400 hs at Sunday morning when it woke me yet again, not sure if that's a reason for complaint or not as our room overlooked Tottenham Court Road and there is a very nearby hospital (Sirens!). We had no Bathrobes or slippers which should be supplied with the room (our granddaughters did have these supplied), we had to ring down and get them supplied. On our return on Sat we found the room had been serviced and the used cups and glasses had been removed, unfortunately replacements had not been left and this caused us to have to ring down yet again, a teapot, tea bags and sugar is not a lot of use when you have no cups, a rather obvious omission we felt, over the next hour two separate members of staff arrived with glasses and cups, we went from a dearth to enough to serve a pub.

Breakfast was good and the staff in the dining room were helpful, efficient and friendly, good at their jobs.

Overall, the service was sloppy, glasses, cups, bathrobes, slippers, the hotel is not cheap and I don't expect to have to keep ringing reception to get what should be there in the first place, a lack of management control we felt, these were small matters but there were a number of them which as an aggregation were annoying.

The major worry was being given the entry cards for a room already occupied by other guests, the Radissons are good hotels not doss houses and I think an error on that scale involving the security of guests possessions is unforgivable, The explanation given was trite and frankly unbelievable and if there really was a computer problem then a member of staff should have shown all new guests (like us) to their rooms to make sure that already occupied rooms were not in fact being re-let, the security of guests possessions MUST be paramount. No real apology was received in our view and should have been. We have been happy with other Radisson hotels in London we have stayed at and will use them again however the whole experience at this one was so off-putting for us that its very unlikely we will ever use this particular hotel again. Everyone at the concierge desk was helpful. No individual was ever rude or deliberately unhelpful to us but there seemed to be a lack of overall control.

Room Tip: Try not to book a room overlooking Tottenham Court Road, very noisy traffic, sirens, public all nigh...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank OldGitMK
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly may I thank you for staying at the Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We apologize for the disappointing service you received, even more so that it left you with a feeling that our hotel is unsecure. I assure you that this was an isolated incident and that we take the safety of our guests and their belongings extremely seriously. On this note, I would like to clarify that no person can get up to rooms without being a guest in the hotel, we also have security and CCTV. With that said, I would like to extend my apologies further as we are entirely at fault as far as your feedback goes and I will 100% speak to the team and reiterate the importance of team work.

It truly is a shame that you wouldn’t wish to stay with us again as I am confident that upon your return we would more than surmount your expectations and make you a true ambassador of the Grafton hotel and the team. If ever you change your mind and give us an opportunity to reinstate your trust, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly and I would be delighted to oversee every aspect of your stay and ensure you are very well looked after! I can easily be contacted via the hotel reception.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Warmest regards,