“Spent 2 nights on sofa”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #369 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here previously and had no sleep as the room was too warm I was assured in arrival everything would be ok and I was upgraded to a suite
The room itself was nice however the temperature was stuck on 21 so it was so hot in the bed area I slept on the sofa where it was cooler
Next day told reception and asked for a fan nothing came but engineer arrived and said there was new part needed but he had done his best
The room got so warm
Again I had to sleep on sofa
The premier inn has a basic slogan off a good nights sleep guaranteed I so wish this hotel did
I'm sure I will get the same old excuses from management for the second time and they even have the cheek to welcome you back again
Message for them you are a 4 star hotel check you basics are working in the round then let the customer stay if the don't work fix them before
I think this hotels lacks good management or else these things would not happen

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Stevewales44
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your message.

We do appreciate all feedback and genuinely care for our guests, it is extremely disappointing that you have not had the experience we usually pride ourselves on delivering to our guests. It is completely unacceptable that the air conditioning did not work efficiently on both of your stays, especially as we were already trying to make it up to you, this is deeply embarrassing, rest assured this will be highlighted to the Senior Management Team.

It would be very much appreciated if you would allow me an opportunity to speak with you regarding your recent stays so that I can follow up and ensure that the service shortfalls that occurred will not happen in the future.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,863)

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night when visiting London, it's in a good location right next to the tube station and 5 min walk from euston station.
The bar & restaurant looked lovely just didn't get time to go in there !
Rooms are really nice loads of space very clean even had the pillows moved off bed and the covers turned over for when we came back after night out :)
Would defo return to this hotel and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOFORLETTA81

Dear Jo,

This is a wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and advise possible future travellers!

Next time you are staying you absolute dine in our new Bar & Restaurant, Steak & Lobster! Don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance with making any future reservations.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed here for one night on my way to France on business. Very central, lovely neighbourhood. This was my first time in London since I was a child so didn't really have my bearings but found everything very accessible, hello Tesco! Front desk staff were very quick and I was checked in, in no time. Hotel lobby was very nice, hallways on the floors were a tad dated and showed some age. Room was on the top floor and was a single bed, I'm only one person, very small but only there for one night. Bathroom was super small but I could see past that because the water pressure was fantastic. After a long flight it was perfect. Ate dinner at the hotel restaurant which was quite pricey, Sea Breem w/dessert plus a glass of wine, 40 pounds, yikes! My room had a view of the street with a window you could open to let in fresh air, it was a beautiful view and I slept like a baby. The only hiccup was when I checked out in the morning and they called me a cab, the front desk told me it would be 30 minutes, this was at 6am in the morning. They then instructed me to go out on the street and hail one which I did but they should really have a direct line to an available cab especially early morning. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank joanna1971

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grafton hotel.

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am absolutely delighted you will definitely be returning in the future.

With regards to the restaurant, it may be of interest to you that we have changed concept and are now known as Steak & Lobster, it is a simply delicious menu – where you can get Steak or Lobster at the modest price of £20!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was lucky enough to stay in a suite at this property. Large bathroom with separate tub and shower. Separate living room with huge flat screen tv and Bose Wave radio. Beds very comfortable. Breakfast buffet room was beautiful with a decent selection. Pot of tea and toast offered at table. Very civilized.

Located in more of a business district, but steps away from the tube station with great access to the West End. Several grocery stores nearby as well as Boots pharmacy. Also close to several great Indian restaurants. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank David M
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear David,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Grafton hotel and for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We really appreciated your glowing review on the room you were allocated and our breakfast buffet. I am glad to hear that the location of the hotel was of great convenience to you.

Your comments reflect exactly what we aim to provide for every guest and what we feel every guest deserves from a stay.

We are eager to welcome you back with us in the future to create more memorable stays.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed here overnight before catching the Eurostar.
It was really handy for Euston and St Pancras.
The room was absolutely wonderful. Really comfortable, and fabulous bathroom!
Loved all the extra touches.
The only downsides were the room was along a "maze" of corridors, which was difficult with all our luggage; also the reception area (which was really nice) smelled really strongly of cigarette smoke.
I think people maybe smoke outside the door? But the smell was really strong, and unpleasant.
Would recommend this hotel though, and I'd certainly return.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share such positive feedback regarding your recent stay at the Grafton Hotel.

It is so wonderful to read that you had such a great experience with us, the team and I can’t wait to welcome you back.

With regards to the smell of smoke in the Lobby, this is disappointing and should never happen, my sincerest apologies. We have a designated area in which people can smoke cigarettes away from the entrance of the hotel. It will be reiterated to the doorman that we have to manage it at all times.

Once again, thank you ever so much for your feedback. I trust we will see you soon.

Guest relations Manager

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent 4 nights here as part of a small group. The group leaders picked this hotel. I was not at all happy with the size of the room. The bed was a double size; upgrading to a king would have cost us 30 pounds more per night (about $50), which seemed absurd. The bathroom was so small, you could barely turn around in it. After talking with the other members of the group, we determined that none of the rooms had any storage space to speak of. There was a tiny closet, which had one small shelf. The only drawer was for a desk (filled with hotel stuff), and next to 1 side of the bed (filled with a tea service--it is London). The location was ok, though not one I would have picked had we been going on our own. There were a few restaurants around, but not that many and they did not generally stay open after the theater. That said, the hotel was very clean and nicely finished. There was a warming bar for the towels, though you couldn't reach it from the itsy bitsy shower, so towels cooled down by the time you needed them.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room--there may be some.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Myrna,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us during your recent group trip to London.

It is disappointing to read that you did not have the experience we strive for our guests, and for that I am truly sorry. With regards to the room size, if would seem that you and your tour group were booked into double standard bedrooms, my apologies that the room allocated was not to your complete satisfaction, however the offer for an upgrade to a higher room category for £30.00 per night was very reasonable.

On this note, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Stacey Jasieiwcz

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I were celebrating our wedding anniversary, we stayed at this beautiful hotel where we were central for everything. We had a beautiful room with everything provided, the bath was so deep and long, wonderful!! When we were off out to the theatre in the evening the concierge found us a taxi, he was very courteous and complimentary. Nothing seemed too much trouble, we returned late but there was friendly staff to greet us and ask if we required anything. Our breakfast was served in our room the following morning (on our request) and it was lovely. The only thing that was awful that weekend was the weather!!, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a central location and a touch of luxury.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MrsM0ke
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly Happy Anniversary once again on behalf of the Grafton team and secondly, thank you so much for taking the time to share you feedback with us!

It is always wonderful to read that we have delivered not just a pleasant experience but a happy memory on such a special occasion.

The team and I truly hope to welcome you back again in the very near future. If I myself can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to let me know.