“In the middle” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #356 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Yehud, Israel
“In the middle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Located near the tube station, suitable for people who have need to be in the northern part of London but wish to stay not far from the center. Accommodation and facilities are average, prices slightly on the expensive side

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel, it is very much appreciated.

I must say, that I do believe that we as a hotel can do better than a middle of the road experience, next time you are staying with us I kindly ask that you contact me prior to you arrival via the hotel reception where I myself will personally over see you reservation.

Warmest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (635)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

First of all, the Grafton is not located in the busy centre but it's very conveniently located right next to Warren street Tube station. Easy access to airports and Kings Cross. With a few stops you are already at most tourist or business locations. Next to the hotel there is a Tesco Express, open 24x7 so if you need anything you can just go down and get anything you need.

Check in experience was great, I arrived at 09.45 AM and I wanted to leave my luggage but instead I could already check in. Thank you Rhianna! Check out was like check in, fast and efficient. No endless line of guests waiting.

The single room was... small, very small. In fact the smallest hotel room I ever seen. Like a nicely equipped prison cell but with a door to be opened from the inside ;-) Maybe it is small but in my opinion it's not really disturbing if you stay at the hotel for one or two nights. If you stay more nights you might want to consider an upgrade. Like at any other Radisson property everything is in working order, clean and equipped with complimentary Wifi (open and secure networks). The bathroom is also small but complete and should be enough for one person. The breakfast buffet serves the more populair assortment of food. Anything else you can request this from the waiters.

Is everything perfect? Of course not! The hotel consists of two parts, the old part (entry) and there is a bridge to a more modern part. My room was at the old part, easily to recognise by the squeaking wooden floorboard. More annoying is that the floor throughout the corridors are carpet, except the floor leading to the bridge, that has a wooden floor. This echoes everything, every footstep, every word, every everything.
Also I missed a proper reading light. There is a halogen spot in the ceiling meant as a reading light, but not very comfortable. Why not attach a modern LED reading light, whole lot cheaper and more comfortable.

For me, this is a great hotel to remember when I travel to London (which is frequently) Why? Location, quality and service for a reasonable price! They will see me again soon!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the corridor leading to the bridge due to lot of movement and noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for your feedback, it is very much appreciated.

We genuinely love to hear what our guests have to say about the Grafton hotel as it will help us to continue to improve out services and product.

My apologies that the room allocated to you in this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction, I kindly ask that next time you are staying you kindly contact me prior to your arrival so that I personally can allocate your room. I am easily reached via the reception.

Kindest regards,
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Radisson how to do hotels and the Blu Edwardian on Tottenham Court Road is no exception.

The hotel is in a fantastic position; within walking distance of Euston station. We stay here overnight because it's convenient location but the prices in central London for less than £100!

Service was at A1, the rooms are a little small but are very comfortable and well appointed with good bathroom and working facilities such as high-speed Internet and minibar. Prices for drinks are expensive but room service is good very prompt. Would stay again because of proximity to the city centre attractions and good value.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

If I myself can be of any assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night before we hoped on the Eurostar to Paris. Hotel location is fantastic, we saw a show on the west end and it was only a 20 minute walk away. Breakfast was really enjoyable and staff were really friendly and helpful for my wife and I. Hotel is about a 12 minute walk ( with luggage) to St Pancras station- we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Banksy,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I am absolutely delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Madrid, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have been in this hotel many times for job reason and I would never be back for a personal trip. The location is great but, apart from that, nothing else. It is so expensive while the rooms are small, the furnitures are old and the quality of service is very low.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, I am sorry to hear that you feel the hotel has not been what you were hoping for. We pride ourselves here at the Grafton in trying to not only meet, but exceed our guest’s expectations in every aspect of their stay and I apologise that this has not been your experience.

Regarding the room size and decor, if you are to come back to stay with us I will personally allocate you a room that is more to your preference as well as one that is spacious and comfortable.

Please accept my apologies in regards to the low quality of service you have received. We always strive to deliver the highest standards of customer service and it is with deepest regret that this was not portrayed to you. I am easily contactable via reception and would be interested in discussing these issues in more detail so we as a business can grow and improve.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here previously and had no sleep as the room was too warm I was assured in arrival everything would be ok and I was upgraded to a suite
The room itself was nice however the temperature was stuck on 21 so it was so hot in the bed area I slept on the sofa where it was cooler
Next day told reception and asked for a fan nothing came but engineer arrived and said there was new part needed but he had done his best
The room got so warm
Again I had to sleep on sofa
The premier inn has a basic slogan off a good nights sleep guaranteed I so wish this hotel did
I'm sure I will get the same old excuses from management for the second time and they even have the cheek to welcome you back again
Message for them you are a 4 star hotel check you basics are working in the round then let the customer stay if the don't work fix them before
I think this hotels lacks good management or else these things would not happen

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Stevewales44
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Steve,

Thank you for your message.

We do appreciate all feedback and genuinely care for our guests, it is extremely disappointing that you have not had the experience we usually pride ourselves on delivering to our guests. It is completely unacceptable that the air conditioning did not work efficiently on both of your stays, especially as we were already trying to make it up to you, this is deeply embarrassing, rest assured this will be highlighted to the Senior Management Team.

It would be very much appreciated if you would allow me an opportunity to speak with you regarding your recent stays so that I can follow up and ensure that the service shortfalls that occurred will not happen in the future.

Once again, my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that may have been caused.

Warmest regards,

BIRMINGHAM
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night when visiting London, it's in a good location right next to the tube station and 5 min walk from euston station.
The bar & restaurant looked lovely just didn't get time to go in there !
Rooms are really nice loads of space very clean even had the pillows moved off bed and the covers turned over for when we came back after night out :)
Would defo return to this hotel and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JOFORLETTA81
Dear Jo,

This is a wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and advise possible future travellers!

Next time you are staying you absolute dine in our new Bar & Restaurant, Steak & Lobster! Don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance with making any future reservations.

Kindest regards,