“Great stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #355 of 1,086 Hotels in London
England
“Great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Just back from 3 nights stay. Requested quiet rooms and adjacent rooms as my husband and I took my mum away with us and she is on her own. Both requests met we had rooms at the back next to each other! Rooms are a little small but have everything you need and are spotlessly clean. Lovely clean bed linen each night, white fluffy towels,lovely. Breakfast very good, hasan the meeter and greeter is an asset to the hotel,friendly and professional, in fact all staff, reception,bar all very friendly. I have no complaints and would recommend and happily stay again, thanks!!

Room Tip: Quieter at back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by thanking you for sharing your feedback with us. It is always rewarding to receive such wonderful praises from a guest. We always try our best here at the Grafton to run like clockwork, whilst still delivering a personalised service to all our guests and I am delighted that this has been reflected in both of your stays.

Your lovely comments with be passed onto the mentioned employees who are all a real credit to the company. It is feedback like this that really empowers and motivates all the employees at the Grafton to continue delivering a high standard of service.

I am glad you enjoyed your private dining meal and that we were able to make your stay a special one.

We are eager to welcome you back for more memorable stays.

Stacey Jaseiwicz

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (634)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Stayed here in March with friends. Great hotel, clean large rooms, left ipad charger behind and hotel sent out following day. Great service. Beautiful breakfast. No faults, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us in March. Here at the Grafton we pride ourselves on delivering a top class service to all of our guests and providing rooms that not only meet but exceed their expectations.

I am glad that you were more than satisfied with the breakfast buffet. For any future stays you have with us do not hesitate to ask anyone at reception for a reservation in our new restaurant ‘Steak & Lobster’, so you can enjoy more tasty experiences during your visit.

We are eager to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

That's rather a bizarre tag line I know. But bear with me. I was booked in here for one night one night as I had an early start in the morning and my hopes frankly weren't high. I got to the foyer and the decor smacked me between the eyes somewhat...it's a little bit...well...it's rather potent. There is marble. There are decorative mirrors. Thre is a whiff of Louis XIV about it. However, the service was epic. It turned out that I had been given a single room and single bed, which wasn't much use given my ridiculous height...and so the sainted Ebenezer - yes he really was called that - upgraded me immediately for no charge so I didn't have to sleep in a ball. I got to the room and it was small yet well organised enough, comfy and warm. The decor is, again, a little odd, especially (a-hem) those curtains, but no specific complaints. They even gave me a copy of Harpers Bazaar, which is a nice gesture if a little odd. As ever, however, this hotel excels in eyre me of service. Upon discovering I had forgotten my toothbrush I out in a not especially optimistic call to the front desk and about 45 seconds later the sainted Ebenezer appeared with a disposable toothbrush/paste set. Given where it is and what it costs, it's a great place to stay over. Stay. And make sure you say hello to Ebenezer from me!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LSO1973
Dear LS0,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at the Grafton hotel, it is very much appreciated.

It is a little disappointing that the décor was not to your preference, I do believe that this is a matter of personal opinion, however I am sure that I would be able to find a room that would exceed your expectation. With regards to Ebenezer, he is indeed a real credit, not only to the hotel but the entire organisation, as we say so often in hospitality – it is the people that make the difference, they create the atmosphere and most importantly, look after our guests!! Rest assured your feedback will be passed onto Ebenezer directly as it will no doubt serve as great motivation to know that his efforts, along with his colleagues do not go unnoticed. Thank you once again for taking the time to highlight his wonderful service.

Next time you are planning to stay in London, do not hesitate to let me know directly so that I can make sure allocate the perfect room for you. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

West Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Stayed here Sunday 15th June. Loved the location just around the corner from Euston and next door to Warren St tube. I was greeted with a lovely warm welcome and my request was met. I had a superior single room 507, the very comfortable bed was just smaller that a double, the room was spacious enough for one with plenty of storage if needed. Road noise didn't really bother me too much and didn't hear any noise from next door or the corridor and I slept very well. Also had a call from reception to check everything was ok which I thought was a nice touch. Check out was a breeze again with pleasant staff. Would love to return in the future.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and will help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London

It is always wonderful to read that we have been successful in our aim of delivering 100% satisfaction for one of our guests. Thank you also for highlighting our fabulous location, indeed there are many great tube connections, Charlotte Street is but a 5 minute walk away so there is are plenty of delicious restaurants to dine in – not to mention our own new restaurant ‘Steak & Lobster’ which is simply – steak or lobster, beautifully done! Next time you stay with us, you absolutely must dine – I assure you, you will not be disappointed.

Once again, thank you very much for your feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in very near future.

Adelaide
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Did not meet a 4.5 Star rating.
Booked a business suite with upgrade. Waste of money!!

1. Requested early check in, request was granted, at arrival at hotel was denied made us wait 3hrs after a long flight.

2. Requested a non smoking room, instead received a smoking room which was absolutely foul of stench, after complaining was given down grade with no compensation.

3. Staff was terrible. Which even made our stay even worse.

Raddison blu motto "100% customer satisfaction guarantee" please review hotels values.

Do not recommend!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Phuong P
Dear Phuong,

Thank you for staying with us at the Grafton hotel. It is a real shame we did not meet in person whilst you stayed with us and to hear first-hand your feedback which I am really most grateful for.

I must say it is very disappointing to read that you had such a poor experience at the Grafton hotel! Rest assured this is far from our usual standard of service and I would very much appreciate an opportunity to speak with you regarding the team at the hotel – I am surprised that you found the Grafton Team terrible, this is a very rare complaint, however one which will be discussed with the Head of Departments.

With regards to the early check in, we always allow our guests to check in early if the room is ready. However we never guarantee an early check in, but we always note any requests and do our level best to ensure they can be fulfilled. I do feel I need to clarify that the check in time is 15:00, if you wish to secure your room for a time earlier than you are welcome to book the room for the night prior to your arrival.

On this note, I do hope you consider choosing the Grafton when you are next travelling to town and I will ensure you are extremely well looked after. Please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at the Grafton on 8th June and found the staff to be courteous, helpful and pleasant. The room was spacious well presented and comfortable. Breakfast choice was wide ranging and tasty, all in all I had a most enjoyable stay and would heartily recommend it to anyone. Extremely convenient for Euston station which is only 5 minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank douggarrett
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Doug,

This is a great review! I am absolutely delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and found the team to courteous, helpful & pleasant! Rest assured you praise will be passed on to the entire hotel.

With regards, to our location, I am ever so glad to read that you found it convenient. On this note, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay in the hotel in the very near future.

Stacey Jasieiwcz
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spent Sunday evening at this property, as always, greeted with a "Hello, How are you " and a friendly smile....my number 1 choice of hotels in London for location and general excellent customer service....being in the Travel Business and with a keen eye, this has to be one of the best hotels I stay in on a regular basis.....well done everyone !!!

Room Tip: all rooms very nice and decorated to a high standard PLEASE NOTE...marked Terrible for swimming poo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Sean,

We are delighted that you have shared this glowing review with us. Here at the Grafton we always strive to make every guest feel valued and welcomed and I am glad that you have felt the extent of this.

We look forward to giving you another warm welcome in the near future. If you have any special requests for your upcoming stays then don’t hesitate to contact me through the details given below and I will happily assist you.