“Fantastic Stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #371 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights with my mum. Explained that I would be in hospital for at least one night of the stay and when I returned from getting some food there was a lovely welcoming tray of brownies with get well soon on the tray. It made my day. The stay was perfect, room was clean, tidy and comfortable. Would highly recommend staying here and would stay here again. Massive thanks to Baric who looked after us extremely well and arranged for a late check out so I could rest in the room until the taxi arrived.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

This is a wonderful review! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I do hope that everything is well after your hospital visit, next time you stay I do hope it is under different circumstances! However we will make sure the brownies are delivered once again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback – the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,759)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently had a 2 night stay at this fabulous hotel. Location was great. Check in quick and efficient. All staff were extremely helpful and polite. Room, although quite small was clean and comfortable. I would certainly book this hotel again if I were to visit London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Jacqui,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate all comments from our guests and I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us at the Grafton.

It is of upmost importance to us that all of our employees deliver a friendly and efficient service to all of our guests. I am therefore pleased that you have described the Grafton employees as both “helpful and polite”, rest assured you compliments will be passed on!

If you do come back to London again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally allocate you a spacious room and ensure your next stay is just as good, if not better, than your last.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a nice little hotel in the heart of Central London. The hotel itself is clean and friendly with decent size rooms. If you have two full grown adults, I would ask for one of the upgraded rooms as they're quite "london small". We were here on a hybrid work/family vacation and it was great for the business side and nice for the family side. The hotel food is a little wanting, limited options (although clever menu) and the service is extremely slow. This is made up for by the fact that there are TONS of restaurants in the area, the nice ones mainly on Charlotte Street. Oxford Circus and Regents Street shopping right up the road. There's the Warren Street Tube Station at the corner as well as a few others within walking distance, and this is right near University College London too, so if you're in town for a visit to the school, it's a great location.

The only problem we had was that the AC wasn't working properly the first few days we were here. We should have told the front desk earlier but kept forgetting, but once we did, they had it fixed promptly and the room was pleasant for the rest of the trip. The windows are single paned though so we had to keep the curtains drawn to keep the room at a nice temperature with the AC since the sun hit our room directly.

Overall, this hotel was nice - it's not luxury, but it's definitely a good place, and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose Rooms near elevator since the rooms on the other side of the hotel don't have easy access...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Grafton with us, it’s such feedback that helps us develop and continually improve our organisation!

Here at the Grafton it is of upmost importance that we deliver a friendly service to every guest who stays and I am delighted to hear this made a difference to your stay. .

The hotels’ location is ideal for both business and leisure guests as we have several transport links in the surrounding area. I am glad to hear that you could find everything you needed, from restaurants to transport, within the hotel radius.

I am sorry to hear you had a problem with the AC in your room. However I am glad to learn that this problem was rectified once reported so that we were able to make this problem right during your stay.

It is wonderful to hear that you would like to come back to stay with us. Upon making your next booking, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we continue to deliver more memorable stays.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from. 1 night business stay at this hotel.

Upon arrival all staff I encountered were so polite and helpful - thank you all for your warm welcome

The hotel itself is in a very good location close to many shops, bars and restaurants

The rooms were small but very clean, comfy and very well equipped.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, only grudge would be the price £146pn. Although this cost was covered by my work, I personally would not have spent so much.

Well worth a stay though. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, without hearing our guests’ opinions on the hotel we would not be able to continually grow and improve.

Here at the Grafton we pride ourselves on providing the most welcoming service to ensure our guests feel at home immediately and I am delighted to hear that you felt the full impact of this. Our connection links also help us to be of great convenience to those who stay with us for either leisure or business and I am glad this was the case for you.

To find our best rates for the hotel go directly through our website or call and ask reception. We always have offers running as well which not only include accommodation but discounts on different events happening around London.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a great hotel in an excellent central location with friendly and professional staff that go the extra mile to ensure that your stay is perfect...I really did have a great trip... Thanks Grafton...

Room Tip: Try for a room at the back if you dont like traffic noise...Remember London is a busy city
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Derek,

What a great review! Here at the Grafton hotel we are always striving to deliver excellent service that is personalised – It is so motivating to hear that you had an enjoyable experience with us.

If ever you are looking to stay in London again, please feel free to contact me as we would love to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I actually walked past this hotel a couple of times without realizing this was a hotel. The entrance is flanked by man-high advertisement boards for 20-pound steak meals with all-you-can-eat chips. Cheesy, certainly not classy.

The lobby is small but reception is efficient and friendly. My biggest dissappointment was walking into the room, or should I say "putting the room on". Cramped, claustrophobic with very little fresh air and a very noisy airconditioning even when set to minimum fan speed. A bed pushed into a niche of which I could only think how inaccessible it was for someone with a vacuum cleaner and the place was indeed filthy. A decent desk to work on be it with an, at times, extremely slow wifi connection. There's really only one way to watch TV and that is from the bed while laying on ones side. The deskchair is simply to close to the TV.

The bathroom was similarly tiny with only a fixed shower. Trying to dry off after a shower results in you touching the walls on both sides. No space to put away toiletries and no individual shower-gel or shampoo, just large bottle dispensers. The excuse offered was "the environmental effects" but I merely find this unsanitary as I do not know what the previous guest did with the dispensers.

Breakfast is of the stodgy, English type with sausages, potatoes, scrambled eggs but very little healthy options besides. There was some fruits available but they quickly ran out and were not replenished. Biggest disappointment was the espresso I asked for which I could only get if I paid extra. I find a hotel that costs well over $300 a night trying to charge a few bucks for an espresso an insult and will stay away from here in future.

Conference facilities were reasonable though the temperature in the conference had only 2 options: boiling hot or freezing cold. Standing lunches provided were fine although there simply were not enough tables for all of the participants.

All in all, a hotel that made it to my very own special blacklist - an achievement in- and by- itself!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on you recent stay at the Grafton hotel, we appreciate all feedback – positive and negative, although I must say that it is very disappointing that you have blacklisted our hotel.

I would like to clarify that the soap dispensers in the bathrooms are checked daily by housekeeping and can assure there is nothing unsanitary about them and that being conscious about the environment is not an excuse as we have been awarded a GOLD status by Responsible Businesses; if there were any signs that they had potentially been tampered with then we would replace them, furthermore, in my years working for Edwardian Group London, I have never had a single complaint about the dispensers being unhygienic or otherwise and would like to think that we have a certain calibrate of guest which prevents this type of issue arising. For any future staying guests, if you do wish to have individual toiletries please do not hesitate to ask as they are available upon request. Not that I want to disagree with you, but it is very rare that we receive a complaint regarding any area of the hotel being filthy, and I am deeply shocked and embarrassed if this is the case and offer my sincerest apologies. However if ever you arrive and in the unlikely event do feel that you are unsatisfied with any aspect I do urge guests to let us know so that we can make it right for you straight away.

On this note, I do truly hope that you will one day change your mind and stay with us again, if ever you do decide this, please do not hesitate to contact me directly – you have my personal assurance of an altogether better stay.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I'm a regular visitor to the Grafton, and I have to say that I'm still as impressed as the first time I visited. You're made to feel welcome from the minute you enter until the moment you leave. The hotel itself is very clean and pleasant on the eye. The beds are comfortable, and the rooms have all the facilities you'd expect. Good spacious shower areas in all the rooms I've been in too. One thing I have noticed is though that there is an inconsistency between the size of your rooms. The room I stayed in this time, compared to the first time I stopped at the hotel, must have been half the size. Still a nice room, but I prefer a bit of open space around me.

If I have one criticism it would be the breakfast. I normally don't bother, but I decided to give it a try this once. Whilst it was decent breakfast, it doesn't represent good value for money you pay additionally. The food could have been hotter, toast should be self service, and I was a bit disappointed not to have the option of either fried eggs or hash browns. This is perhaps an area that can be looked at?

Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Adrian,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us, getting our regular guests feedback is invaluable to us as a hotel!

Due to the age of the building the rooms do vary in size and layout, for your next stay feel free to contact me prior and I will personally allocate your room and ensure it is to preferences. With regards to the breakfast, I will absolutely pass this onto the Food & Beverage Operations Manager so that he can pass this on to his department, I would also like to add that if there something you would like that is not on the buffet, please do not hesitate to ask as a fried egg can easily be arranged, no problem at all.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the very near future. If I myself can be of assistance with anything at all please do not hesitate to let me know.