“Great place to stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #370 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights last weekend on a superbreak deal. Location was excellent 15 min walk from St Pancras. We arrived at 11:45am with the intention of leaving our luggage as check in officially was 3pm but was swiftly checked in and given a room within a few minutes. Friendly reception staff were great. Room was on the 3rd floor overlooking The front of the hotel. The room itself was small but well equipped. Only real issue was the noise from the hospital when ambulances arrived at night. Breakfast was the usual hot & cold buffet and we asked for poached egg rather than the scrambled, these were done to perfection. Didn't eat in the resteraunt but did have drink on the 1st evening when we got back from the show. My only real issue with the hotel was this drink. 2 large Pinot Grigio cost £16:35......do the maths! I expected it to be expensive but not 1 price for 1 glass & 1 price for the other. I was given a dish of mixed nuts, maybe I was charged hence the odd price for the wine but I had already paid when he gave me them so not sure. Didn't spoil however what was a wonderful stay otherwise. We were able to leave our luggage on Sunday until we needed to go to the station. Would definitely return and would have given a 5 if the price of the wine was divisible by 2 !!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Scunny,

Thank you ever so much for choosing to stay at the Grafton Hotel and for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent experience, it is very much appreciated.

It is absolutely wonderful to read that you had such a great time and that you will definitely be returning in the future. With regards to the wine in the bar, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience – if you have been charged different amounts for the same drink, this is a mistake on our part and we are more than happy to rectify this!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dear all,
First of all I want to say that Radisson Grafton is my favorite hotel in London, and am coming back in August.Stayed many times there and I can recommend it to all of you.
Rooms are ok, its just that I always ask the rooms opposite from Totteham Coart Road and all I can say there is full piece in my room all the time.
All is clean, never seen a spot of dust, nor in a room or anywhere in hotel.
Furthermore, breakfast is perfect,. all you want, ..oat meal, fruits, yogurt, full english breakfast, chees, ham...ALL. I really dont understand the others who comment a breakfast as negative experience.. My only suggestion would be..- theres really no need to charge extra for espresso, as for some Europeans the coffee in UK is not strong enough as we used to in Croatia or somewhere else.
I also have to say, never had ANY complains against stuff. Every employee is doing is best, and am sure we all dont need to be so harsh and sensitive about it. They work hard for their money,...and if someone doesnt give you a smile all the time thats fine too, better then to put a smile on a face without really meaning it. Thanks.Ivo Ivsac

Room Tip: opposite the Totenham Coart Road
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Ivo,

This is such a rewarding review to read, I am absolutley delighted we are your favourite hotel in London! The Grafton team and I will do our very best to maintain trophy.

Our Food & Beverage Manager will be so pleased to know that you love the breakfast and of course, we will pass your compliments onto the Chef as I know feedback such as this makes all the hard work and effort worth it. With regards to the extra charges for the coffees, I will put this suggestion forward so that this can be taken into account when changes are being made within in this department. With that said, after this glowing review - next time you stay with us your espresso's will be on me! Ask for Stacey.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just got back from one night stay here. Positives: good room rate, room quite nicely done out, good location (if you like Tottenham Court Rd!). However there were too many negatives for my liking. Firstly, reception staff on arrival bit blunt. We were meant to get a drinks voucher for a complimentary drink which we never got. Breakfast was fairly terrible. We asked for a paper and fried eggs (only other option were some sloppy scrambled help yourself ones). Never received either- despite several reminders re the eggs. Had to ask 3 times for toast and this came once we had finished everything else. Food from buffet ok but not much choice and mediocre in quality / quantity.
Probably wouldn't come back here due to the above mistakes. Preferred sister hotel in Bloomsbury and wished we'd stayed there instead.
Room was ok but very hot. Windows frosted over so couldn't see outside and therefore no view and quite dark!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank phoward1981
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Phoward,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that this you were disappointed with your stay, it is very disheartening to read that we failed to meet your expectations due to service shortfalls. I will of course, discuss the incidents you have highlighted with the Front Office Manager and the Food & Beverage Manager so that they can speak with their respective teams to ensure this does not reoccur.

Furthermore, I do hope you allow us an opportunity to deliver the service we usually pride ourselves on providing for our guests. If you do have a change of heart you have my assurance of a much better stay, as I personally will oversee every aspect of your reservation start to finish – please feel free to contact me via the hotel or customer services.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights with my mum. Explained that I would be in hospital for at least one night of the stay and when I returned from getting some food there was a lovely welcoming tray of brownies with get well soon on the tray. It made my day. The stay was perfect, room was clean, tidy and comfortable. Would highly recommend staying here and would stay here again. Massive thanks to Baric who looked after us extremely well and arranged for a late check out so I could rest in the room until the taxi arrived.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

This is a wonderful review! Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton hotel.

I do hope that everything is well after your hospital visit, next time you stay I do hope it is under different circumstances! However we will make sure the brownies are delivered once again.

Once again, thank you for your feedback – the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I recently had a 2 night stay at this fabulous hotel. Location was great. Check in quick and efficient. All staff were extremely helpful and polite. Room, although quite small was clean and comfortable. I would certainly book this hotel again if I were to visit London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Jacqui,

First of all let me thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We appreciate all comments from our guests and I am delighted to hear that you had a good stay with us at the Grafton.

It is of upmost importance to us that all of our employees deliver a friendly and efficient service to all of our guests. I am therefore pleased that you have described the Grafton employees as both “helpful and polite”, rest assured you compliments will be passed on!

If you do come back to London again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally allocate you a spacious room and ensure your next stay is just as good, if not better, than your last.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This is a nice little hotel in the heart of Central London. The hotel itself is clean and friendly with decent size rooms. If you have two full grown adults, I would ask for one of the upgraded rooms as they're quite "london small". We were here on a hybrid work/family vacation and it was great for the business side and nice for the family side. The hotel food is a little wanting, limited options (although clever menu) and the service is extremely slow. This is made up for by the fact that there are TONS of restaurants in the area, the nice ones mainly on Charlotte Street. Oxford Circus and Regents Street shopping right up the road. There's the Warren Street Tube Station at the corner as well as a few others within walking distance, and this is right near University College London too, so if you're in town for a visit to the school, it's a great location.

The only problem we had was that the AC wasn't working properly the first few days we were here. We should have told the front desk earlier but kept forgetting, but once we did, they had it fixed promptly and the room was pleasant for the rest of the trip. The windows are single paned though so we had to keep the curtains drawn to keep the room at a nice temperature with the AC since the sun hit our room directly.

Overall, this hotel was nice - it's not luxury, but it's definitely a good place, and I would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose Rooms near elevator since the rooms on the other side of the hotel don't have easy access...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Grafton with us, it’s such feedback that helps us develop and continually improve our organisation!

Here at the Grafton it is of upmost importance that we deliver a friendly service to every guest who stays and I am delighted to hear this made a difference to your stay. .

The hotels’ location is ideal for both business and leisure guests as we have several transport links in the surrounding area. I am glad to hear that you could find everything you needed, from restaurants to transport, within the hotel radius.

I am sorry to hear you had a problem with the AC in your room. However I am glad to learn that this problem was rectified once reported so that we were able to make this problem right during your stay.

It is wonderful to hear that you would like to come back to stay with us. Upon making your next booking, do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will ensure we continue to deliver more memorable stays.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from. 1 night business stay at this hotel.

Upon arrival all staff I encountered were so polite and helpful - thank you all for your warm welcome

The hotel itself is in a very good location close to many shops, bars and restaurants

The rooms were small but very clean, comfy and very well equipped.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, only grudge would be the price £146pn. Although this cost was covered by my work, I personally would not have spent so much.

Well worth a stay though. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, without hearing our guests’ opinions on the hotel we would not be able to continually grow and improve.

Here at the Grafton we pride ourselves on providing the most welcoming service to ensure our guests feel at home immediately and I am delighted to hear that you felt the full impact of this. Our connection links also help us to be of great convenience to those who stay with us for either leisure or business and I am glad this was the case for you.

To find our best rates for the hotel go directly through our website or call and ask reception. We always have offers running as well which not only include accommodation but discounts on different events happening around London.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.