“One of the nicest london Hotels”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #353 of 1,063 Hotels in London
essex
“One of the nicest london Hotels”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

although this hotel is part of a large chain, it feels much more personal than many of the others, the staff are all very polite and helpful. all of the communial areas are extremely clean and well kept and the rooms of a good standard for the price paid. My only moan is that the beds are very hard causing me to have an uncomfortable nights sleeps, however this is just my preferance for a softer bed.

Room Tip: ask for a quite room as some are on the main road
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Your feedback has made my day, it is our aim to ensure that our guests feel comfortable in the hotel, it is wonderful that you found the hotel personable and the team helpful and polite. Thank you for sharing your experience with us it is very much appreciated.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the very near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel due to the good reviews and location close to tubes, station and Oxford Street. On arrival a small problem arose where my booking appeared to have been cancelled. I had already paid for an all inclusive trip with Superbreak and was surprised at this. Staff were quite nonchalant about it and told me to contact the agent. I wasn't best pleased about this so asked them to phone the agent and see where the problem lied and it was to do with the Radisson central reservations department. They offered a quick drink in the bar whilst we waited for the problem to be dealt with and then we were checked in. Room was lovely. Lovely bathroom and toiletries provided, bath robes, slippers and water. Breakfast was a little disappointing as not too much choice on the buffet for eggs and no offer of pancakes or omelettes or anything to order. Nice surroundings and pleasant staff. Great location for a shopping/sightseeing break.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Lindsey,

Firstly, a very Happy Birthday from myself and the Grafton Team – we hope you had a wonderful time celebrating!
I would like to apologise for the inconvenience that occurred when you first arrived at the hotel, this is something that will be highlighted to the Front Office Manager so that he can follow this up with the Front Office department as there is nothing worse than being worried about getting the room and not get the reassurance you expect. Once again, my extended apologies.

I am however, extremely pleased that you enjoyed your bedroom and the surrounding areas of the hotel. I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to the hotel very soon, if you need any assistance with making any reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel reception.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My friend and I were booked on a tour which left central London early on Saturday morning so we were looking for a hotel to stay in on the Friday night so we didn't have to get up at the crack of dawn to make it for the tour on time.

We spent a long time searching the internet for a hotel in London which was within our budget when we came across this hotel on Lastminute.com. We paid less than £100 for the night and were extremely pleased with our choice.

The hotel is only steps away from Warren Street Tube Station with a Sainsbury's Local and Tesco's Local in close proximity.

We had a twin room on the 4th floor at the rear of the property. The room was a good size and beautifully decorated. It looked and smelt very clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was bright and modern with large fluffy towels and lovely smelling toiletries.

The only problem we encountered was that the air conditioner didn't seem very effective. Even with the fan on the top speed the room was very warm. We were able to open the window though to let some cool air in.

We would definitely look to stay at this hotel again if we could get it for a similar price to the one we paid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank KentS76
May we thank you for taking time to share your experience with us and for picking the Grafton hotel!

I am absolutely delighted you had such a great time during your stay, with regards to the air conditioning – it would be great if we could get the rom number of the bedroom, I will contact you directly for this, so that I can have our Maintenance Manager look into this immediately, my sincerest apologies for any discomfort that was caused due to this fault.

On this note, I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is the best London hotel I have ever stayed in! Hotel staff, lovely an can't do enough for you, hotel room, compact but everything we needed and a great sleep. Hotel is right next to a tube station and everything is easily accessible through this. Great value for money. PERFECT STAY.

Dear Beth,

May we thank you for staying with us at The Grafton hotel and for taking the time to share your fabulous feedback, it is very much appreciated!

It’s reviews such as yours that makes all the hard work worth it for the team; we always want to deliver the best possible experience for our guests! I am delighted you felt that the team were helpful; I can assure that Grafton team are a very talented bunch of hoteliers and each one of them are a credit to the organisation.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed here overnight prior to a business conference. A well appointed & very clean but small room but certainly suited our needs as we were out most of the time. Very pleasant and helpful reception staff and housekeeping staff. Excellent hot breakfast. Great location, less than one minute's walk from Warren Street tube station. Lots of pubs and restaurants around the hotel to choose from for evening meals and entertainment. A little overpriced but I think the location and quality of the hotel facilities makes it worth it. Even though WiFi is included for guests - the service, like many London hotels, is very poor and slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Indigo,

I am absolutely delighted that you had a great stay with us here at The Grafton hotel! We always strive to deliver the best possible experience for our guests, it’s a joy to know we achieved this.
If I can ever be of assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to let me know via the reception. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

DOUGLAS
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Booked a junior suite for 6 nights Wimbledon 2nd week. Called ahead to ask for a rear room (as I'd read these were quieter) - no need, I was told, all these types of rooms are at the rear of the hotel. Checked in 2pm - no queue, very pleasant helpful gentleman, took less than 5 mins, told us our room was his favorite! Beautiful huge room with a balcony! Very comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, ample drawers and hanging space, bath AND shower, again spotless. The hotel staff were all extremely helpful and courteous. We dined in the hotel one evening and although the menu was limited, the food was delicious and service excellent. All in all, a real 'home from home', yet so convenient for everything central London has to offer (and only 3 stops on the Victoria Line from Victoria station - really good news if flying into Gatwick). Full marks from us - definitely our first choice for our next visit

Room Tip: Go that little extra and book a junior suite - well worth the money. For central London it can't...
Dear James,

I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay with us! Thank you ever so much for sharing such positive comments, I will of course pass this onto the rest of the Grafton team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future. If I myself can be of assistance with making any future reservations please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We have never stayed in such an awful room in any hotel we have visited. Despite the decor being to a reasonable standard, the size of the room was all can be described as tiny. We have a bigger en-suite at home.
Also even though the air con was on the coolest possible it was a very uncomfortable night even though it wasn't that hot outside.
When asked was everything ok with our stay and the response being no due to the room size, we were told it would be put on our records that we aren't put in that room in the future!! Despite having good stays in the past it is extremely unlikely that we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Kay,

It is extremely disappointing to learn that you had such a poor experience with us. As you know from having stayed with us previously this is not a regular occurrence and one that I will ensure, that should you return will never happen again! You have my personal assurance of a stay that will exceed your expectation as I will oversee every aspect of your reservation.
On this note, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.