“Enjoyable stay”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #358 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I've stayed here a number of times when travelling to London for work and have always enjoyed my stay. My room this time was a little tired looking and on the small side but still a comfy bed and good clean bathroom. Breakfast excellent - not the largest selection but all good very fresh and of better quality than many other hotels I've stayed in. My only slight gripe was that I am a Club Carlson member and i wasn't offered an upgrade on check in, which wouldn't normally bother me at all however a colleague of mine checked in 30 mins later and was offered a complimentary room upgrade despite not being a Club Carlson member.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank nt1984
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued support for the Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel – it is very much appreciated! I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay and I was sorry that you were not recognised on this occasion for your Carlson Club membership, I have taken the liberty to update your profile so this will not happen again. Our breakfast is deliberately less extensive so we may keep the dishes as fresh as possible. If there something you require that is not on the buffet, please let us know and we will try our utmost best to deliver it to your table!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future,
Neil Duffen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (669)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, England
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Staff friendly and helpful throughout my two day stay, room was high quality clean and comfortable. Breakfast very pleasant, again with friendly staff. The location excellent, tube 2mins away and Oxford Street, Soho etc a short walk. Good Pubs and restaurants around the Hotel. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel and would stay here again. Thank you Grafton.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you would happily recommend us – that is the highest praise we could ever hope for! I hope on you next visit you will enjoy our fantastic Afternoon Tea – a nice way to unwind after a busy day or to recharge the batteries for the night ahead!
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

When I arrived at the hotel they had no record of my reservation. They offered me another room, which was perfectly acceptable, and a voucher for a single free drink. Otherwise all was good. Breakfast and resulting room no problems.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I was happy to read that although the Reception Team had a little bit of difficulty locating your reservation it was resolved quickly and efficiently! I think that this is the important thing with hotels (in particular) – things will go wrong but it is imperative to have the right people on duty to resolve any problem to the satisfaction of the guest, and here at the Grafton we are lucky to have a very professional and competent team. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Every things seems to be very close to this hotel while staying in London. The tube station is a few steps away, Pharmacy is nearby, all kind of restaurants are around the corner. Shopping districts are nearby.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! Thank you also for highlighting the convenience of the Grafton and the surrounding bars and restaurants – although we do have the best restaurant in the area right here in the hotel, Steak and Lobster! It’s a simple concept – 10oz Rump Steak or Lobster for £20, including unlimited Fries and Salad! The salad is good but unlimited fries……! If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel,
london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel is next door to the tube with another tube station 5 mins round the corner so if you park at Stanmore you only need one change with your bags. It is also walking distance to oxford street the staff are fantastic cant,t say anything bad about it

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review, it is wonderful to hear such good feedback. I am glad to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us at the Radisson Blu Grafton Hotel. The location of the hotel is ideal for travelling around London due to the variety of transport links in the surrounding area. I am glad to hear that the hotel’s accessibility was of great use to you.

Here at the Grafton we always try our upmost to ensure the highest level of customer service is delivered to every guest, and I am delighted to hear this was reflected in your stay. This comment will be passed onto the Grafton team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. If you should need any assistance upon making your next reservation please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards

Stacey Jasiewicz
Guest Relations Manager
Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I am not one to usually make a fuss of things but I am genuinely upset with my experience at the Grafton hotel. For my Boyfriends birthday I wanted to do something really special for him so I brought him a virgin experience voucher for us to stay at the Grafton Hotel. A 4 star hotel close to all the places we wanted to visit sounded perfect! But by the time we came to checking out I felt I had really let him down and I had spent a lot of money expecting something to be 4 star standard, perfect and romantic and instead came away feeling upset.
I would like to start with the positives of this hotel though as some aspects that did really shine! The restaurant (I have written a separate review for this) was fantastic! Food was faultless and the gentleman behind the bar in the evening was a real credit to the hotel!
The room itself inside was lovely, small but not cramped and decorated beautifully!

The things that let it down for me: On check in and out the members of staff were distracted and not overly friendly, very to the point and not overly welcoming. On arrival of our room we checked it all out and it looked great, my boyfriend was happy and I thought I'd done a great job! However it then started with the mini bar, my boyfriend being curious like he is opened it up without reading the sign and took things out to have a look at! One being a rather 'sensual' box for a couple and immediately we were charged for this even though he out it straight back! This is understandable as the rules were clearly stated inside the fridge. However I was highly embarrassed but luckily we can make a joke and my partner immediately went down to the front desk to sort this out to which he was greeted with smiles as it was obvious what had happened. We were told that yes this would be removed from our bill! However if was not removed and later we were told that we needed to settle it when we checked out! Which I then found very embarrassing but thought ok... The situation has been rectified! However later that evening I checked the bill again and a further £6 has been added to it and I start to panic a bit as we haven't touched or done anything else to be charged! But being reassured for a third time we left it. This morning before we went to check out ANOTHER charge of £111 had been added on to which I burst into tears in panic I was going to get to the desk and be told I had to pay up... Money that I just didn't have on me! The only charge on the bill that should have been was our beautiful meal we had the night before!
Our night sleep wasn't good either! The room was very hot and the air condition sounded like it was working and the air did feel cooler than the corridors but it was still too hot to sleep and I woke 4 or 5 times in the night! (Maybe why I got so emotional the next morning) We had to then open the windows to a rather grim view of pipes and a large window down to the restaurant but still it was too hot! I wanted to call down to reception to ask for a fan but was too worried I'd be charged so left it!
The following morning for breakfast the food was fabulous and the gentleman showing us in to our seats and behind the bar had a genuine smile and a presence like he wanted to be there! However the waitress that served us I don't think smiled once, and both my boyfriend and I felt very uncomfortable!
On check out I explained the room charge situation and all that was sorted, but not once was I asked how my stay was and the receptionist was busy talking to another member of staff at the same time! So I didn't even get the chance tip say how hot it was and how upset I was! I didn't feel a valued guest and was left very hurt and upset that my romantic/celebratory stay for my boyfriends birthday was ruined!
Thank goodness to the two men in the restaurant that made us feel welcome and valued guests!
I payed for a 4 star hotel in a desirable place, but felt like I had 1 star treatment in a 2/3 star hotel with a 5 star restaurant attached! I feel let down here as the hotel has the potential to be amazing! You can tell by the up keep of the rooms!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Victoria F
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed in this hotel while attending a work course. Very close to Warren Street Tube station, so it was easy to get to and from the course location and to the evening events. Very comfortable rooms, lots of choice at breakfast. I would recommend this hotel to you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Ian S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us. Without hearing back from our guests, regarding their experience with us at the Radisson Blu Grafton Hotel, we would not be able to continually grow and develop. Here at the Grafton we pride ourselves on our location as it is helpful to both business and leisure guests. I am glad to learn that this was the case for you during your work course.

I am delighted to hear that you found our rooms comfortable and that you were pleased with our breakfast selection. If you enjoyed breakfast with us I would recommend trying out our new Steak & Lobster restaurant upon your next stay. You can ask any of the reception or restaurant employees to book a table for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If I can assist at all with your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,