“Excellent all round”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel
Ranked #374 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The hotel was very impressive, in location, service and quality. We had a minor issue when we arrived in that the toilet didn't quite flush but this was dealt with within ten minutes of us reporting it. Restaurant was very high quality and had a wonderful night's sleep. Warren Street tube station is on the doorstep.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Luke C
Stacey J, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Luke,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at The Grafton Hotel, thank you for choosing to stay with us – it is very much appreciated.

My apologies about the maintenance issue you suffered, however I am glad it was rectified so quickly for you.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Grafton Hotel

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed at the Radisson for 2 nights. Overall, I would say that my stay was very good. The room itself was HUGE!!! Biggest room I have stayed at in London with a separate small dining area as well as a lounge. Massive bathroom with a separate tub and shower. Loved the water pressure - was sooooo strong!! Very sustainable bathroom products with fixed (meaning stuck to the wall) shampoo and conditioner and bathwash which nice quality. I'm not a fan of the small disposable products because they're not environmentally friendly and they're usually not great quality. Comfortable bed. Good wifi quality and easy to use. Right next to a tube and a supermarket so very convenient. Some minuses are that the area is VERY busy so on the first night, I heard 7 sirens in 2 hours (hotel next to a hospital so I guess it's the ambulances) and also my room was above a pub so could hear the ambient noise from the street. The windows didn't shut properly so room wasn't very quiet. Apart from that I thought it represented good value! When I arrived at check in there was a busload of tourists checking in and it was mayham but the check in gentlemen worked hard to get my booking sorted quickly. I think a lot of tour groups use this hotel - can understand why it is popular as convenient location and good service and nice room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MissWizzy

Dear MissWizzy,

This a wonderful review, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers!

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I am a big fan of Radisson Hotels and they are my preferred chain BUT this one kinda missed the mark.

As always the staff were great; friendly, welcoming and helpful. The weak spot was the room, an absence of floor or table lamps or even a dimmer switch meant that our room was never comfortably lit. Speaking of comfort this was also the worse hotel bed I have slept in since I last used a Travelodge.

My final comment and this is minor but when there are marble floors in a bathroom a towelling floor mat is essential, the hard plastic thing supplied was uncomfortable to step on and doesn't absorb any water.

These are mostly relatively minor points and could be easily addressed I'm sure.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear PLC,

Thank you for sharing you experience with us and for staying at the Grafton hotel.

It is wonderful to read that despite the hotel room not quite meeting the mark, you have still taken the time to acknowledge the friendly service provided to you, I would like to thank you once again for this especially. However I must say, it is disappointing that you did not enjoy your stay entirely, the issue you have highlighted are ones that I have passed on the Hotel Management Team.

Furthermore, I truly hope you give us an opportunity to give you a room that is completely to your preferences and that will be more than comfortable.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

First the pros:

Good location. Close to tube, right on TCR and Oxford St. etc walkable.
Reasonably priced
Steak & Lobster is nice (provided you like steak and/or lobster.... who doesn't?!)

But... The cons:

Poor service at check-in, no personality or welcome. No room upgrade offered even though I am a Gold Elite member.
No Welcome Gift in room as part of Gold status. Had to complain and was then rectified.
Tiny, impractical bathroom. Unacceptably small for a 4* hotel.
Had 2 long black hairs in the bathtub which was very off-putting.
Very noisy AC in room.
Also, a v.small point but had the worst tasting bottled water I've ever come across!

Overall the hotel feels like it could do with a new lease of life. The service was not great and the complete lack of acknowledgment of their own loyalty scheme benefits was disappointing. A few tweaks and I would return given its location and fairly reasonable price point, but for now I won't be rushing back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wellzee_uk

Dear Wellzee,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your invaluable feedback with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of acknowledgement with regards to your status as a Gold member, this is indeed far from the usual level service we provide. On this note, I truly hope you return to us as I personally will oversee every aspect of your reservation and ensure that you have a wonderful, flawless stay with us. I kindly ask that you contact me via the hotel reception so that I can take note of your preferences and allocate your room to your preferences.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

A friend and I stayed for 6 days and were very pleased with the staff and their helpful attitude. We arrived at check in time but the room wasn't ready, but were offered a room to relax in until ours was ready. Then they asked if we wanted to keep the room we were in, the problem was I needed an accessible room and the deep tub was an instant no for me. Then when our room was ready, we found that instead of the two beds we asked for there was only one bed. I had also asked for a fridge for some medicines I was traveling with, they brought one but it didn't work so they replaced it with another, which still wasn't very cold either. I had to put it in the mini bar and then worry that I would jostle something and be charged for it. Then the air conditioning was out too. Each time the staff was friendly and said all the right things, but nothing changed. Also I would like to point out the hotel isn't exactly as friendly to the disabled as advertised, the halls are narrow and dark and there are really no rooms very close to the elevators.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side get very little of the traffic and hospital noise. But they don't have as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Henrietta47126

Dear Henrietta,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, we appreciate all feedback – positive and negative – as it is vital to the success not only of the hotel but to ensure that we continually strive to deliver the best possible service to our guests.

It is extremely disappointing that you feel we aren’t a disable friendly hotel, I can’t deny that the corridors can be long and perhaps slightly narrow in some areas of the building as the Grafton isn’t a purpose built hotel, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. However I do hope you would consider staying with us again, as you have my personal assurance of an all-round better stay! Please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel Reception or Customer Services.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel is next door to Warren Street tube station which is handy for travelling around London. It is also within walking distance of Oxford Street, etc. The room was clean and reception staff were friendly. Bedroom windows would only open a fraction so room became very hot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Victoria S

Dear Vitoria,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at the Grafton Hotel, it is very much appreciated.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed our fantastic location and that the Grafton Team were friendly, I will, of course pass on your positive feedback. With regards to the room temperature, please accept my apologies, next time you are planning a trip to us, let me know in advance and I personally will oversee the room allocation and ensure everything is to your preferences!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I and my daughter stayed here for a long week-end in August. booking in on Thursday and leaving the following Monday. Room was fabulous, breakfast (very, very good) and Wi-Fi were included. Ideally located just 1 minute walk from Warren Tube Station and 3 mins walk from Euston Tube Station. Staff were friendly & efficient. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
1  Thank Michael K

Dear Michael,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to review the Grafton Hotel, I am delighted you and your Daughter enjoyed your trip to London!