“3 night Leisure trip”

Ranked #32 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Altrincham UK
“3 night Leisure trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose accom as upgrade attracted us and HUGE convenience of 10min walk to either Euston or KINGS CROSS
Facilities very clean and well maintained
Staff on duty showed immense respect for our custom and kindly let us leave bags after vacating room at end of stay - a big plus in London

Room Tip: Upgrade to larger room made trip more pleasurable
2 Thank BEECHDAVE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Marbella, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

What we liked:
Short walk to St. Pancras and to Brunswick shopping centre. Shops and restaurants nearby. Bright, clean studio. Comfortable bed. Studio was not big, but the living/sleeping area was spacious compared with London hotel rooms of similar price we’ve stayed in.

What we didn’t like:
Toilet/shower room was tiny.
Staff friendly but ineffectual: took them over 24 hours to open the room safe (left closed by previous occupants) and to provide us with soap. We requested a teapot (in our experience, standard equipment for self-catering units in the UK) and were informed that no-one uses teapots these days, so no teapot.
The sleeping area blinds were flimsy, so we were awakened by the daylight at dawn each day and street lighting kept the room bright at night. Really could do with blackout blinds, especially in summer.

2 Thank Clarx
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed one night after a conference and wished I could have stayed longer. It exceeded my expectations, from the disposable toothbrush and paste to the cork screw and fresh fruit. The bed was comfortable and the place was sparklingly clean. I was a lone traveller so I suppose the room could be classed as cosy for two. As I'm on a budget this will always be my first choice from now on.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a terrace, gives you that much more.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Vanessa P
South Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

We arrived late (someone is at the desk 24 hrs.), were directed two doors down to another entry door, and carried our bags up two flights of stairs to our room. The desk staff gave information when asked but weren't too "proactive" or personal. It's what it is: a flat rental, not a B&B. The small studio barely had room for the two of us to pass each other and it was a challenge to wash in the tiny bathroom sink without bumping one's head. That said, we had a wonderful time and enjoyed eating our breakfast in bed (since there really isn't much room to eat other than on the bed). The location is wonderful for tube, buses and trains. Yes, you can hear everything on the street but it is a very quiet street. If you want a good value and an experience that's more like living in a tiny student flat, this is a great place.

2 Thank esteva4442
Austin, Texas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place was small, but served it's purpose. Chose this place due to the low cost and convenience to Kings Cross and Eurostar station. The area was great. Short metro away from Picadilly, and walking distance to numerous places. The room was very small, as evident from photos on web, so no surprise. The restroom was a bit smaller than expected. The sink was half the size of normal. Spilled water on the floor each time I tried to wash my face. The shower was also a tight space. The bed was comfy. Plenty of TV channels. Only issue I had is there is no lift, and our room was on the 3rd floor. When we checked in the attendant carried my bag, which I greatly appreciated. It was difficult when we left w/no help. Their tends to be a lot of activity outside, which can be heard. It didn't stop me from getting a good nights rest, but light sleepers be aware. I would stay here again for a no frills place to rest my head.

2 Thank AnyssaM
Okinawa, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect out of this experience, but it turned out far more positively than imagined. Yes, the rooms are small (no surprise there) but it was perfectly sufficient for our needs, especially since all we wanted was a safe/comfy/clean place to crash. The bed was very comfortable, the shower temperature and pressure were perfect, the room was spotlessly clean, and I got a restful night's sleep. I thought the mod-style Audrey Hepburn portrait on the wall was a fun touch. It had a trendy city studio apartment feel to it in general (it actually reminded me of my friend's NYC studio in many ways.)

English is not the first language of the staff, which surprised me at first, but it ended up not being a problem. The location is safe and conveniently near Kings Cross. Be prepared for tight hallways and corners. My husband and I traveled with 2 suitcases, a hanging bag, a backpack, and a tote, and only struggled mildly. Have a sense of humor about it and you will be fine!

Overall, fantastic bang for your buck!

Room Tip: Avoid basement rooms. We had a 2nd level room on the street (which I was warned via TripAdvisor not...
1 Thank Pamela J
Walkington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

The location is fantastic. Although on a slightly noisy street (didn't appreciate the people singing in the street at 1am, but not a lot could be done about this!), the location is easy walking distance between Euston and Kings Cross/St Pancras stations. Staff were friendly and helpful (good to be able to leave your bags there for the day before travelling home).

The room was spotless, modern and spacious by London standards. Really good to have a small kitchen which although we didn't, would have been more then adequate to cook your own meals. Good free Wifi connection. Great shower. The bed was not to my taste, but I have a bad back so this may be an unfair comment. I know the Kings Cross area doesn't have a great reputation for accommodation, but this actually ticks all the boxes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business