“Great location, clean and comfortable ”

Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens
Ranked #32 of 824 Speciality Lodging in London
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Great location, clean and comfortable ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this great value location for one night. We were pleasantly surprised with a free upgrade to a larger room with a garden. The rooms are very clean and well furnished. Easy access to Euston, st pancras and Russell square. Very tranquil. Would recommend.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lisa s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I realize my review is overdue considering I took this trip back in January, however it's better late than never!

Finding the place was easy, just a 5 minute walk to/from King's Cross, a 5 minute walk to/from Euston and a 10 minute walk away from Russell Square Station as well (you'll find your nearest Tesco across the street from this station).

Check in was quick and simple. The gentleman who showed me to the flat was kind enough to carry my luggage up the stairs. Upon booking, I requested to be on an upper level and was placed on the top floor. Unfortunately there isn't a lift, so if you hate stairs it would be best if you didn't book an upper level flat. I actually didn't mind, and enjoyed the extra little workout every day! The same gentleman also came up later during his break to help me set up the safe since I was running late for a dinner reservation!

The room itself was surprisingly a lot better than I had expected! It was clean, comfortable, everything worked as it should and you had all the basic necessities. Wifi was fast, Water was consistently hot, etc; The bathroom even comes with a heated towel rack!

The area was fairly peaceful, but always had tons of people walking by so I always felt safe no matter what time of day I was out. There's also loads of restaurants, cafes and bars nearby to check out!

I had an issue on the last evening when I tried to do my laundry, the machines had stopped and my clothes were stuck in the machine because it wouldn't unlock. The gentleman working in the office that evening was kind enough to call the maintenance manager to get the issue sorted! I'd say when it comes to customer service, this team really does go above and beyond!

The only complaints I have about this place are that the showers are a bit small. If you wanted to shave your legs, you may find it a bit difficult to do in such a small area. And the dryers in the building didn't seem to work properly for me. I must have spent several hours drying my clothes on every setting, and in the end they were still damp!

All in all, I had a pleasant stay and would definitely book again as well as recommend this place to family and friends!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank xoxomisstoun
Preston, Lancashire
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Full marks to the staff who were very professional, efficient, helpful and caring. The location is excellent, being really handy for three main-line railway stations, and the underground, and with a major bus service just round the corner. The Brunswick Centre and Marchmont Street are on the doorstep. Within them are a Waitrose, wine bars, pubs restaurants, sandwich shops, cafés and a general assortment of small shops. The British Museum, Russell Square Gardens, Dickens' Museum and the Foundling Hospital are nearby too.
Unfortunately my room, which faced the front and had a small balcony, was only just adequate. I was glad to be alone as there wasn't room to swing a kitten round. The pillows had no substance, and they hadn't any alternatives to a duvet - like the sheets and blankets I prefer. A wardrobe half the size would help the cramped conditions and give room for a comfortable small chair. As for the window blinds, I doubt if a charity shop would give them a home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank maggiebd
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We stayed on the top floor (3rd floor) and there is unfortunately, no lift. Thank goodness, one of their staff helped us carry one of our suitcases up the stairs. My husband lugged his suitcase up 3 flights of stairs himself. There is no phone in our room.

Now on to the positives! We loved having an apartment to ourselves in London. We had the "Superior Room". It was bigger than I thought. The street is pretty quiet. We didn't hear much noise throughout the night with the window open, just birds towards the morning. The room came with dishes and utensils for you to cook. The staff are nice, but it was a bit bothersome to have to trek down the stairs and walk 2-3 doors down to the main office to talk to them every time.

Location can't be beat! 5 minute walk from Russell Square underground station. Best of all, it's not TOO touristy in this neighbourhood it seems. Nice restaurants and pubs all around, and even a small shopping mall complex.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vinniey
Puerto de Mazarron, Spain
Reviewed 1 April 2014

stayed at the Studios for two nights and for once whilst away wished we were staying longer. The studios are well equipped and whilst on the small side are ideal as a base for exploring London. The bathroom must have been one of the cleanest I have ever had and would shame many a five star hotel. Excellent shower with piping hot water all the time.
Comfortable bed and we found the studio very quiet considering we were in London and at the back of the building which is closer to the main Euston Road.
Staff were friendly and helpful and showed us to the studio carrying our bag.
Would certainly recommend and would have no hesitations staying there again on future trips to London.

Room Tip: As there are no lifts in the building (or at least there were non in the block we were in) suggest t...
2 Thank KatyK9
Altrincham UK
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We chose accom as upgrade attracted us and HUGE convenience of 10min walk to either Euston or KINGS CROSS
Facilities very clean and well maintained
Staff on duty showed immense respect for our custom and kindly let us leave bags after vacating room at end of stay - a big plus in London

Room Tip: Upgrade to larger room made trip more pleasurable
2 Thank BEECHDAVE
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 28 March 2014

What we liked:
Short walk to St. Pancras and to Brunswick shopping centre. Shops and restaurants nearby. Bright, clean studio. Comfortable bed. Studio was not big, but the living/sleeping area was spacious compared with London hotel rooms of similar price we’ve stayed in.

What we didn’t like:
Toilet/shower room was tiny.
Staff friendly but ineffectual: took them over 24 hours to open the room safe (left closed by previous occupants) and to provide us with soap. We requested a teapot (in our experience, standard equipment for self-catering units in the UK) and were informed that no-one uses teapots these days, so no teapot.
The sleeping area blinds were flimsy, so we were awakened by the daylight at dawn each day and street lighting kept the room bright at night. Really could do with blackout blinds, especially in summer.

2 Thank Clarx