“Excellent location for stations”

Studios2Let Serviced Apartments - Cartwright Gardens
Ranked #32 of 923 Speciality Lodging in London
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a recent trip to London. We arrived in Euston and it was only a 5 minute walk. We checked in without incident and were shown to our room which was in a block 3 doors down. The porter offered to take our bags but I didn't mind carrying them. Our apartment was a small studio and was ideal for 2 of us. The room did get very warm and no fan or air con was a bit of a let down. We had window open but not much of a breeze. At nights its easy enough to get in but the doors slam and are noisy in middle of night. Was awoken a few times by this. The bathroom was cramped and the shower door wouldn't stay closed but no major problems encountered. It was 5 mins to both Euston or Kings Cross station which was ideal for getting around. I would consider staying here again as the price was very reasonable for the centre of London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I needed a place to stay near Kings Cross for one night and this studio suited my purpose. The place is easily in walking distance from either Kings Cross or Euston. Check in was simple and straight forward and the staff were most helpful. I'd paid a bit extra for a superior studio and I'm pleased that I did as had I not I may have left with claustrophobia.
My studio was in the basement with a window that looked out into a shared yard and someone else's front room which resulted in me keeping not only blinds closed but the window too as their cat had a tendency to try and jump into my studio,
The place was very clean, though this can't be too hard when the bathroom is so small with an innovative layout to fit a sink, shower and loo in I had to keep my toiletry bag outside so the bathroom didn't feel cramped!
If you need a place to put your head down when traveling then stay here, it's clean, convenient and the staff are nice. If you're looking for a studio where you can chill out after work, maybe cook yourself something and stretch for a bit then even paying for a superior room will not help you here!

Room Tip: Be mindful of being put in the basement.. not really a private space!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The apartments are around a 10 minute walk from Euston and easy to find. They're just 5 minutes to Kings Cross just off the busy main road. We booked the large studio apartment which was on the ground floor overlooking the gardens. A very nice, clean spacious apartment with everything you need. A very small bathroom but that was my only negative point. The private gardens at the back of the apartments are great, so relaxing and you would never know what you were in Central London. The location is brilliant and they are excellent value for money. I have already booked to go back in August. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I recently stayed in Unit 11 (First Floor) for a week. The accommodation was good, some minor inconveniences but the staff were excellent, dealing with our queries and requirements promptly and efficiently.

We would highly recommend this accomm. to anyone who wants a base for visiting London and who is willing to walk and use the underground / public transport.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

If you want to stay near Kings Cross-St Pancras and look for an affordable accomodation, this place is very good.

It is clean and quiet. Room is cute, but small. The bathroom is also very small - But is is clean and modern.

The building itself needs some repairment - carpets in the corridors are old, for example.

It is not for a romantic stay, but it is a pratical option for a short stay in London.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed here recently for 8 nights. We had a room (Number 11) overlooking the rear courtyard. The room as others have noted is compact, with a kitchenette in the main room. We had a good sized double bed, two fridges, sink, cooktop, TV and all other requirements. Wifi worked well in the room and was free. The room was very quiet other than occasional footsteps on the stairs. We also were bothered occasionally by voices from the courtyard area. The room was serviced once through our stay which was fine. The kitchen sink is in a silly location under an overhanging cupboard, making it hard to use. The bathroom is very small, but quite usable. Mind you, taking sips from the basin when cleaning teeth requires contortionist skills to avoid water spilling all over the floor. Also there was a bothersome orange flood light on at night that lit up our room - better black out curtains are needed! Staff at reception were helpful when they needed to be. The place has a free laundry for guests. Cartwright Gardens is very quiet and it is a short walk to Kings Cross and Euston Stations, as well as Russell Square tube. All our expectations were met at this place - convenience, value for money, quietness and comfort. If you are a place to stay a week or so in London, close to action but not overwhelmed by it then this is a great option.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldrichie
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed for one night midweek and made my choice based on the reasonable cost, in comparison to the majority of accomodation choices in Central London for that night, and based on the generally positive reviews on TripAdvisor.

I have to say, I was overall extremely pleased with every aspect of my stay and would highly recommend it.

Cleanliness was exceptionally high throughout the property, fixtures and fittings were of a good standard and state of repair.

I have a couple of points (addressed to management and not negative feedback):

The sink in my bathroom was too small and not easy to use for cleaning teeth etc.
The sink in the kitchen is poorly placed (as mentioned in other reviews) and again not practical.

I was in a room on the top floor overlooking the street, although I forget the number, it was a great room and the size of the room is not really an issue, its easily comparible to many hotel rooms.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business