“Great Service but Poor in Other Areas”

Premier Inn London Hanger Lane Hotel
Ranked #154 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My girl friend and I stayed for 2 nights. Staff were absolutely good in service and explanation. However there were many problems. One of the lift could not go to level 4, and during my stay it has not repaired. My girlfriend found that cups and spoons still had food residue. It made me feel disgusting. One of the light did not work properly. As our room was near corridor, we heard sounds whenever people came across and talked.
Location is good, very near to Hanger Lane tube station. Bed was okay. Bathroom was clean.
Free wifi for just 30 minutes. If you prefer a longer time, you can purchase at 3 pounds/day. My girlfriend and I prefer to go out to cafe and get a free wifi rather than staying at room.
The price is relatively low, so you got to think whether you prefer good facilities or good price.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry_Yim

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The hotel is clean and modern everything as it would be at a premier inn, but the rooms look a little jaded the net curtains are grey and unfitted with gaps, the towels had seen better days
Only one coffee each The rooms were noisy and the halls were noisy so noise out side at night the lorries came to empty the bins
Then came to empty the glass and bottles then had a loud chat outside the window before slamming the doors and revving off not good on a Sunday night.
Breakfast was just the same as everywhere but with warm bowls and glasses and again noisy clear up staff
Not a nice area to look around but close to the tube

Room Tip: Take ear plugs extra coffee
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night over a weekend, friendly staff at reception although we didn't stay in the hotel a lot for the time we were there, beds ok, a bit uncomfortable for me as I have a bad back, I could also hear the noise from the traffic outside so didn't sleep that well, room was clean a spacious, didn't eat in the restaurant so don't know what the food was like, tube station is literally 20 yards from the hotel door so it's great for catching the central line into london

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Salmac25
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business the staff are okay but would rather speak to each other than tend to their guests.Food is awful 1st night there were hairs on my steak. 2nd night after waiting an hour for my meal it came out burnt.3rd night ordered what was advertised has a steak pie came and had clearly been in the microwave far too long the pastry was soft and hard and the filling way too hot. So after three disasters I chose to end my stay 4 days early and book another hotel elsewhere without a doubt I would not recommend this establishment to anyone

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank martin j
Reviewed 1 April 2014

very good staff, room bathroom, clean, silent, good food breakfast, dinner, close to metro tube station, frendly staff 24H there to help, easy procedures, bad internet which is not working on smartphones

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank George T
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I normally stay at Premier Inns when I travel on Business, so thought I would take my family for an extended weekend in London. The first 2 nights stay were excellent, as you would expect from Premier Inn. However on Sunday night 30th March it was a shambles. We came back late after seeing a show and dinner out for Mothers Day. There seemed to be a disturbance in the next room around 1.30am. I called to Reception but there was no answer. So I went downstairs to report it as my children couldnt sleep. The receptionist (D i think) was very nice and appologetic and said he would sort it. I then asked for more tea and Coffee. I was told then by someone claiming he was the night manager (cant remember name. Black Gentleman) that I couldnt have any at the moment as they are kept in the office and they had locked both their sets of keys in there. I asked how do 2 people, one of whom is the manager, forget their keys so that then guests are inconvenienced. I was met by a shrug from the Night Manager. I understand he may have been stressed as he seemed to always be preoccupied with something else (even though there was nobody else around), however I didnt feel as though he took me seriously and neither did I feel like a guest in the hotel that night. All other members off staff I met were excellent, including the other night receptionists I met the previous 2 nights. This wouldnt put me off staying here again as previous 2 nights stay we had no problems, and everyone else made you feel welcome and a priority. Just a shame how one person can put a cloud over what was before that a good day.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkyDav
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Hanger Lane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of customer service and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to achieve this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We love staying here. The staff are so friendly and helpful. The food is so tasty. Good car parking facilities, the Tube is nearby, good location for West London, and we don't feel rushed to leave. Cannot fault them!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple