All reviews cannizaro house cannizaro park beautiful hotel lovely room standard room wedding hdv tennis bath pubs
Reviewed 24 April 2014

BUT, as I usually travel for business and usually stay in the City (as in downtown), it has occurred to me, thanks to the Cannizaro House, to rethink that mindset!

It's near Wimbledon. Easy to take the Tube to where the meetings were, but my-oh-my, how wonderful it was to return "home" after a day of hustle and bustle!

The area is built for leisurely strolls (or vigorous running). The Gardens that surround the property are magnificent and maintained by the "Friends of Cannizaro". (I ran into a couple of volunteers during one of my many walks and donated GBP 20 for the cause!) The town is charming with lots of great places to shop and eat.

The hotel is charming and the staff is very attentive. I had a great time teaching a young bartender how to make a "dirty martini".

Breakfast is included and wonderfully varied and delicious!

I ate in the Orangerie twice. Lovely.

I'd happily return when I have more time to further explore the possibilities!

But NOT when working! :-)

Room Tip: Overlooking the park! The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

5 of us arrived at 1530 for a high tea. We gratefully accepted the champagne and strawberries that were offered as an option, and which brightened the rather grey afternoon weather. We had reserved a table overlooking the beautiful Wimbledon lawns and parkland in the Orangery.
The ambience was absolutely first class, as was the service. There was live piano music from a young Asian lady who also graces the Savoy on occasion, and we were offered unlimited refills of sandwiches, warm fresh scones, cakes, and various specialty teas in addition to the usual varieties.
The manager was in evidence, and treated us as VIPs. Cost was 25 GBP for the high tea, and 41 GBP inclusive the champagne and strawberries, plus 10% service charge. Definitely worth every penny, and we will be back soon. If the weather had been better, we could have settled the food with a long walk across the park, and intend to do so next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leiden_food_lover
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Simply a wonderful, memorable weekend break! Absolutely ever aspect of our stay was perfect. Attention to detail, but not fussy, personnel totally professional yet relaxed, not difficult to see why Cannizaro is so successful. the suite was beautifully appointed with stunning views over the gardens and beyond to the landscaped park. the en suite bathroom tasteful and luxurious. I would recommend the 'taster' menu. Preceeded by cocktails prepared to order, 5 courses and amuse bouche, with carefully chosen wines, each course a delight. Breakfast in the Orangerie, once again overlooking the beautiful grounds gave the impression of dining in the heart of the country, yet so close to town. Not quite sure how they managed to produce one of the most stunning Spring days of the year.
I knew the stay would be good, but everything exceeded expectations. I am not generally prone to gushing, but thanks to everyone at Cannizaro for a magical, never to be forgotten moment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 April 2014

In March 2014 I organised a series of meetings, with accommodation, at Cannizaro House with numbers ranging from 14 attendees to 35. I organise a lot of meetings for the high profile company I work for and at the very least I expect a ‘can do’ approach. A ‘can do’ approach does not begin to describe the service we received. I was bowled over by how efficient, friendly and helpful everybody was. It was obvious from the start their sole intent was to ensure our meetings and our stay there went without a hitch. And it went without a hitch, the week was flawless! Any last minute requests were dealt with quickly, smoothly and with a very willing heart. For anyone needing somewhere to organise an event I absolutely recommend Cannizaro House.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank KTP032014
JeffWard, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

WOW, thank you so much for your very kind comments following your recent time at Cannizaro House
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon
All the best
Jeff

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Just come home after lovely relaxing weekend staying here . Great hotel, great location and excellent staff. Gin menu second to none and the bar man very knowledgeable . Simply a great hotel ,and im certainly planning to go back ,thanks to you all for a great weekend

George Curry