All reviewscannizaro housecannizaro parkbeautiful hotellovely roomstandard roomweddinghdvtennisbathpubs
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed on their Sunday night special. Got upgrade to beautiful four poster room as did our friends. Receptionist Emma was brilliant very smiley and efficient. Had lovel walk in the gardens at their best at this time of year. Dinner in the restaurant was superb and the service a credit to the hotel.
All in all can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were in London for a wedding and the Cannizaro House was recommended! So glad we chose these accommodations. Room was clean and comfortable and even came with a complimentary tipple. Full English breakfast was a treat each day! Check out their direct website as they offered better deals than on travel sites. Also recommend having them set up car service from airport as it's less expensive than taxi. Close 5 min walk into village or 15 min to train station to get into central London.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 April 2014

BUT, as I usually travel for business and usually stay in the City (as in downtown), it has occurred to me, thanks to the Cannizaro House, to rethink that mindset!

It's near Wimbledon. Easy to take the Tube to where the meetings were, but my-oh-my, how wonderful it was to return "home" after a day of hustle and bustle!

The area is built for leisurely strolls (or vigorous running). The Gardens that surround the property are magnificent and maintained by the "Friends of Cannizaro". (I ran into a couple of volunteers during one of my many walks and donated GBP 20 for the cause!) The town is charming with lots of great places to shop and eat.

The hotel is charming and the staff is very attentive. I had a great time teaching a young bartender how to make a "dirty martini".

Breakfast is included and wonderfully varied and delicious!

I ate in the Orangerie twice. Lovely.

I'd happily return when I have more time to further explore the possibilities!

But NOT when working! :-)

Room Tip: Overlooking the park! The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2014

5 of us arrived at 1530 for a high tea. We gratefully accepted the champagne and strawberries that were offered as an option, and which brightened the rather grey afternoon weather. We had reserved a table overlooking the beautiful Wimbledon lawns and parkland in the Orangery.
The ambience was absolutely first class, as was the service. There was live piano music from a young Asian lady who also graces the Savoy on occasion, and we were offered unlimited refills of sandwiches, warm fresh scones, cakes, and various specialty teas in addition to the usual varieties.
The manager was in evidence, and treated us as VIPs. Cost was 25 GBP for the high tea, and 41 GBP inclusive the champagne and strawberries, plus 10% service charge. Definitely worth every penny, and we will be back soon. If the weather had been better, we could have settled the food with a long walk across the park, and intend to do so next time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Leiden_food_lover
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Simply a wonderful, memorable weekend break! Absolutely ever aspect of our stay was perfect. Attention to detail, but not fussy, personnel totally professional yet relaxed, not difficult to see why Cannizaro is so successful. the suite was beautifully appointed with stunning views over the gardens and beyond to the landscaped park. the en suite bathroom tasteful and luxurious. I would recommend the 'taster' menu. Preceeded by cocktails prepared to order, 5 courses and amuse bouche, with carefully chosen wines, each course a delight. Breakfast in the Orangerie, once again overlooking the beautiful grounds gave the impression of dining in the heart of the country, yet so close to town. Not quite sure how they managed to produce one of the most stunning Spring days of the year.
I knew the stay would be good, but everything exceeded expectations. I am not generally prone to gushing, but thanks to everyone at Cannizaro for a magical, never to be forgotten moment.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple