All reviewscannizaro housecannizaro parkbeautiful hotellovely roomstandard roomweddinghdvtennisbathpubs
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Sat in the middle of Cannizaro Park to the south west of Wimbledon Common, sits a lovely stylish, yet buzy gem of a small hotel. The staff are attentive, helpful and engaged, The food is well rounded and well priced, all in a lovely, nicely eclectic ambiance. A fun evening, in a lovely setting.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have previously reviewed this hotel and after every time I visit it I am surprised how it continues to worsen.
Ideally it's got potential: nice building, great views on the surrounding green spaces, quiet.
But no, it is a complete mess.
Staff are kind enough and try to be helpful, but they obviously do not have a clue on how to behave in a 4 star hotel.
The bar and reception area are tacky and I always have the impression they are dusty. There were quite a lot of paintings on the walls, most of them for sale, but none of them was hung straight (and they were too dark and gloomy for my taste).
Service at dinner was super slow with no explanations offered for the delays.
The rooms are ok, but armchairs and wallpapers were stained. Turnaround service was offered as if it was a nuisance.
Not recommended

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Ariel16
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

We treated ourselves to afternoon tea at Cannizzaro over the Bank Holiday and were bitterly disappointed in the quantity and quality of their offerings. Forgive me if I am wrong, but I have taken Afternoon Tea in hotel settings many times and the staff always ask, if you require additional teas or sandwiches and you can continue to order these as part of the price. At Canizarro, I was made to pay £7 for one additional sandwich as there was not enough for our table, and was asked to ignore my allergies as the kitchen was too busy to make one sandwich without dairy (butter). They eventually agreed but said it would take them a long time to cater for this. They also forgot my husband's coffee order and argued with me that the second pot of tea we ordered was Breakfast Tea when it clearly wasn't.
Not a great experience, maybe the hotel should focus on offering one superb product rather than having three different menus on the go at the same time, all produced from one kitchen, I presume.They used to have a great Lounge menu fitting all tastes and children, but this has also been replaced by the Orangery menu which is fine if you just want sharing plates not a decent family lunch.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Stayed on their Sunday night special. Got upgrade to beautiful four poster room as did our friends. Receptionist Emma was brilliant very smiley and efficient. Had lovel walk in the gardens at their best at this time of year. Dinner in the restaurant was superb and the service a credit to the hotel.
All in all can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We were in London for a wedding and the Cannizaro House was recommended! So glad we chose these accommodations. Room was clean and comfortable and even came with a complimentary tipple. Full English breakfast was a treat each day! Check out their direct website as they offered better deals than on travel sites. Also recommend having them set up car service from airport as it's less expensive than taxi. Close 5 min walk into village or 15 min to train station to get into central London.

• Stayed: April 2014