All reviews cannizaro house cannizaro park lovely hotel lovely room standard room wedding hdv tennis pubs
Reviewed 28 May 2014

In the middle of Wimbledon Common there is a jewel. Wonderfully quiet but full of old fashioned grandeur at the same time Cannizaro House is just a lovely, lovely place to stay. The food is fantastic and, if the weather is on your side, you have the most amazing park and gardens as your very own back garden. The rooms are gorgeous and the staff can't do enough to help. Wimbledon Village is just a walk away and the shopping is fantastic. My husband and I stay there on our wedding anniversary every year and would have it no other way. It is hard to compare Cannizaro House to any other hotel so I shan't bother....it's divine.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I had afternoon tea there recently courtesy of a present. It was a perfect English summer's day. We sat in the Orangery, staff were very attentive making sure blinds were set so that it wasn't too hot. Was about half full on the Tuesday we were there. Afternoon tea was £25/head and came with the usual sandwiches, cakes, scones. Extra sandwiches were offered for free but oddly second pot of tea was charged for, I say oddly as the pots are not that big (ie they are small) - i asked for some hot water for the pot I had and was given a fresh pot of tea which they charged for. Why do they do things like that, are they really trying to make money out of the tea!! - mildly irritating. But that aside, the afternoon tea was excellent, we both felt stuffed, the setting is very pretty, the service very good and the views across the park are stunning, especially on a hot sunny day. We walked off the tea with a walk round the park which is always lovely & then went back into the hotel for a cocktail which rounded it off very nicely.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I took my wife to Cannizaro on the bank holiday weekend. It was absolutely magnificent. From the moment we checked in to the moment we left. Working in the service industry, the highlight of my stay was the service from the staff. It was a very busy sunny Sunday and the terrace, the 2 restaurants and the lounge were extremely busy, even so the service was implacable.
I have read the negative review before to go but I already booked by then, now I have been, I have no understanding of the negative comments. Some people will never be satisfied...
Thank you to all the team, especially Fabrizio. No doubt we will be coming back soon.
You made our weekend...

Room tip: Book it don't worry about the negative. Ask for a bedroom with views on the common.
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel is an utter disgrace, we had an entire party stay here recently (about 15+ people) and I am shocked to say on the morning of our wedding, a cleaner came to "clean up" the room after we left, not only did she not do this (rubbish as you can imagine lying around the room) but she threw away my very expensive designer shoe box plus bag that was in fact inside my open suitcase and fascinators for my dress (I didn't end up using). Two days later on packing- I went to tell the reception what had happened, I did not get an apology just- I will see where your cleaner is. About 30 minutes later a lady arrived at my room with a black bag full of items thrown out from my room and there was my shoe box and bag, soaked wet!!!!

When I wrote to the manager of the hotel about my experience and how upset I was of the treatment and disappointed that a staff member took my shoe box from the suitcase, I got the most horrendous reply- basically telling me that his cleaner told him the shoe box was by the bin! so I was clearly lying- I rang him instantly and told him of my disgust, he spoke to his employee again- offered us a glass of champagne on our next booking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DON'T THINK SO.

My friends who book here annually for Wimbledon are now no longer customers of Cannizaro house as the customer is clearly always wrong and to apologise for staff members behaving very unprofessionally you are offered a glass of champagne for your troubles BUT only of you book for diner!!!!! Don't bother staying here you leave with a sour taste in your mouth, not worth the money at all.

Date of stay: February 2014
12  Thank CatJens
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Sat in the middle of Cannizaro Park to the south west of Wimbledon Common, sits a lovely stylish, yet buzy gem of a small hotel. The staff are attentive, helpful and engaged, The food is well rounded and well priced, all in a lovely, nicely eclectic ambiance. A fun evening, in a lovely setting.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends