All reviewscannizaro housecannizaro parkbeautiful hotellovely roomstandard roomweddinghdvtennisbathpubs
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Returning once again to Cannizzaro house after stumbling across it accidentally 7 years ago, we were very impressed with the continuing improvements . The orangerie added last year is a tribute to the attention to detail by the management. It has added an extended area available for both resident and visiting customers to spend a couple of hours.The chandelier is amazing and we liked the green ball!!!! The quiet and restful atmosphere makes it a very welcome respite from the busy world outside and the proximity to Wimbledon common even better. We hope to continue staying here and enjoying excellent food and wine for many years to come.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
JeffWard, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Good afternoon janine m
Thank you so much for your extremely kind comments, I am delighted you like the Orangerie and the green glass ball!
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon
All the best
Jeff Ward

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 1 night as good location for wimbledon. The room was a good size, but not worth the tariff that was being charged. (Luckily we were not paying or I would have been very disappointed).

We had a meal in a lovely room off the garden terrace, there were a few grumbles about portion size amongst the group. The service was good.

Breakfast was nice but did not live up to the tariff - have had much better if far less expensive hotels.

Ideal location for wimbledon, and there are hospitality drivers to run you on short journeys, they took my husband to the chemist on the saturday morning, nice touch!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I came here today with a couple of friends to belatedly celebrate their birthday and have afternoon tea. On reaching the table we found the cloth was wet obviously from a previous spillage There was insufficient cutlery for three people.. The waiter could not understand what we were saying and although attentive took a long time to fulfil the order. We requested Toasted Teacakes instead of scones....which we have had at all other afternoon tea locations. After a long wait, the waiter who did not understand us, bought us a plate of cakes!!! We tried to explain we wanted Toasted Teacakes but neither he nor another waiter had any idea what these were!!!. So we ate the scones. One of the cake selection was macaroons which tasted most unpleasant so we left them. My friend ordered Earl Grey tea and the other two had Breakfast tea. When we asked for a refill we were not asked which tea we had chosen and as a result the friend who wanted Earl Grey was given Breakfast Tea. Before she realised she had drunk from the cup and was horrified to find it was English Breakfast!!! Not a good birthday celebration. I shall not be returning. However, the sandwiches and scones were delicious.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank archSurreyUk
JeffWard, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Good afternoon archSurreyUk
Thank you very much for your most helpful feedback following your recent visit to the hotel
I am extremely sorry your experience wasn't perfect and I am pleased that I will be able to address these shortfalls in service with my team to avoid repetition in the future
I will share with them what toasted teacakes are so that they are aware, as we hand make all the patisserie at the hotel and we don't make teacakes, this maybe the reason my staff were unaware of what they are
I am pleased the sandwiches and scones were delicious
I do hope we have the opportunity to demonstrate that I have taken your comments on board and if you would care to return do book with me personally and I can assure you your experience will be perfect
Best regards
Jeff Ward

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Yeah it's not a modern and shiny hotel, but this is perhaps just the place which I should stay for a relatively laid back short trip for a cousin's wedding.

Some might think that the interior decor at the lobby is old, lift is slow, and the flooring gives out loud noise whilst walking, but the locality is splendid.

The mattress was extremely comfortable, and the breakfast was excellent. It's fresh air and green all around!

The place was probably popular for holding wedding reception or banquet other than for tea. The restaurant connecting to the backyard was reserved for 2 straight evenings during the weekend for private function, but I still managed to take a comfortable rest at night as the sound created by those functions were not really loud.

Going back to the title, it's a little disappointed when I tried to make local calls with the hotel phone per instructions marked on top of the hotel's phone, the hotel's information booklet and the staff at the reception. The calls just did not get through and this happened when I used the phone in my own room and my sister's room. I hope the hotel can fix this problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NH H
JeffWard, General Manager at Hotel du Vin Wimbledon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello NH H
Thank you so much for your very kind comments, I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay
I am really so the phones didn't function for you, please let me know which rooms you occupied and I will address
thanks
Jeff

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Not sure what the reviewer before me is really on about. Stayed in the best hotels in London and all of the UK and to be honest this place is just about right. Rooms ok, food good, service relaxed and Breakfast excellent. Perfect eggs, sausage and treacle backed bacon. Yes it's not 5 star and accommodation maybe slightly overpriced but will certainly make a few more visits when in the area. Nick and Kojo in the bar were very attentive and nothing was to much trouble Thank you

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jonbecker

Hello jonbecker
Thanks for choosing to stay at Cannizaro and your very kind comments
I agree the breakfast is really good
Let me know when you are popping back, it would great to say hello
All the best