“Great Location - Really Good Hotel”

Hilton London Angel Islington
Ranked #201 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I was thinking quite a bit about whether to rate the Hilton Islington 4/5 Very Good or 5/5 Excellent - finally decided to go for 5/5 Excellent in the end but only just so.

Having stayed at the hotel many times - also before the renovation they did last year - one reason if not the main reason ist, that I really like the area.

It's in a fantastic neighbourhood - with many great restaurants, bars and nice little shops. Good public transport links as well, but probably not the best in London as the Bank branch of the Northern Line doesn't really get you too many places directly but you always need to change. Good bus links to the West End though.

The renovation last year did - no doubt - really improve the rooms and the facilities quite a bit further though there eas also something lost.

Rooms are very modern now but also very contemporary. This actually is why I might have chosen only 4/5 for the hotel because to me ii's just a bit to bland and contemporary - no twist to the design, nothing really stylish in any way. Very clean, very comfortable and working very well - just, well, completely "exchangeable" with no really style of its own any more. But as said very comfortable beds, refridgerators in room, safe, iron and so on - just everything you might expect from a Hilton.

Service and staff were also very good - efficient, friendly and really helpful. Internet was fast - also the free Internet for Hilton elites was just the regular one and not a restricted option as with some other hotels. Choice at Breakfast was also great.

So overall an excellent experience and I thin the 5/5 Excellent rating is ok. But to me it has also lost some more individual charme with the renovation that now makes it a more standard and exchangeable hotel than before.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on your stay. I was pleased to read that you have stayed a number of times and noticed the difference since our refurbishment. We do indeed have a great location with lots in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed overnight during a shopping weekend away. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. We were quite early and had intended to just drop the bag at the hotel, but our room was ready. Quite impressed at the size of the room, and how fresh everything looked. If there had been a spare pillow/blanket in the room, I would have given a higher rating. We opted for room only as there are so many cafés close by. I would stay again. Loved the location.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sue L
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad to see you had an enjoyable stay with us and we would love to welcome you back soon and we will ensure an extra blanket is there for you.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Islington Hilton was booked for its location in Upper Street and for the restaurants there, it did not disappoint. We were given an executive room on the 4th floor which was very modern, very clean, quiet and well furnished. The breakfasts were the usual Hilton high standard with a great choice but why can’t big hotels get their bacon right? It’s the only item at breakfast that all hotels seem to get wrong. Once again with Hilton hotels the staff are the crowning glory and the Islington Hilton more than meets the criteria. A great stay and one I wouldn’t hesitate to repeat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RFaserH

Thank you for sharing your experience of your time at the Hilton London Islington. I am happy to see you had a great stay with us and that the staff were very accomodating to your needs.

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked 4 rooms here on Otels.com website and got a great deal. Fantastic location and hotel looks completely refurbished. Rooms and bathrooms were all spotless. Great Breakfast and smiling and helpful staff. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vanessa P

Thank you for sharing your review with us. i am so happy to see you had a fantastic stay with us and we would love the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

This was my 2nd stay in as many years. Now that construction is over, it was much more pleasant. Room was VERY quiet. Lobby Staff were very helpful and friendly. But the maid was FANTASTIC. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels, and I've never had my dirty clothes actually folded- that made me smile. The only thing negative was that the shower wasn't hot enough, but it wasn't enough for me to complain. I like really hot water more than most. All in all, the Hilton Islington is a diamond in the rough of the many hotels in London, and was one of the better Hilton's I have stayed at recently- and my fear is that once the word gets out, it will be too crowded, lol!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was very pleased to see that you found our hotel a diamond in the rough and our staff friendly and helpful.

I have also shared your fantastic comment about our housekeeping staff with the housekeeping manager.

We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I was headed down to London for a concert in Islington so needed a decent hotel nearby. They were offering a great online rate for the Hilton so I booked it and was very happy. It was a great location near to the Angel Tube but I walked there from Kings Cross. There are plenty of decent restaurants nearby as well. The hotel was clean and the room was very comfortable. All in all, a nice nights stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I was pleased to see that you found the locations good for you, with many local amenities.

We hope we can welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

This hotel is fantastic, the beds are super comfy and the rooms have everything you need. Little extras like lights in the wardrobe gave it a special touch. The room was not huge but had everything I needed. The room was clean, I couldn't fault it. Not sure how much it was though as my work books and pays for it, so in terms of Value not sure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to read that you had a fantastic stay and liked all our extra touches like the lights in the wardrobe.

We hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.