“Home from home”

Hilton London Angel Islington
Ranked #197 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I work away from home for most of the week and after having stayed in many many London hotels over the years, this is the one I use whenever I can.

It really benefits from NOT being one of those huge hotels where, while the staff put on a good show, you get the sense it is just that - a show.

Nothing could be further from the truth at Islington. The staff are genuine, friendly and really do make you feel welcome.

And do you know what, that's really what it's all about. The recent upgrade to the rooms and the new exec lounge are very welcome and do provide a great environment, but are also very secondary compared to the staff. It's the people who make the difference.

Thanks for the great service I've received over the years and look forward to many more to come.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was extremely pleased to read how you view our hotel as a 'home from home'. Thank you for your comments about the staff rest assured I have shared your comments with all the Team and Management.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at The Hilton with colleagues attending a Conference and the nearby Business Design centre. The location was perfect being only a few seconds walk from the conference centre. As with most Hilton Hotels the standards were high and I was not disappointed in anyway. We had a group dinner with over 30 people attending and the set meal, this was very nice, good quality food and wines and the service excellent.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you found the location perfect for you and enjoyed your meal with us.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, hotel is in a great location everything on your door step.

Breakfast was brilliant all fresh and hot with plenty of choice.

Rooms where fresh and clean and had a new feel to them.

All the staff where really nice and polite.

Would stay again, one of the better Hiltons in London

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to see that you found our staff polite, breakfast brilliant and rooms fresh and clean.

We hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Hilton Islington was booked for a work trip purely because, short of sleeping inside the Business Design Centre, I could not get physically closer to the expo location if I tried. We are talking a 30 second totter in high heels from door to door here, if that?

Hiltons… well we all know my thoughts on The Hilton Chain. You've been in one, you've been in them all. Characterless, functional and rather naughty as hotels go by still being one of the few who do not see why they should throw in free wifi, particularly knowing most of their guests are there on business.

But this Hilton? This Hilton is definitely not quite identical. It begins the moment you walk in, and the scent of the lobby is reminiscent of the scent at The Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Kind of coconutty/vanillery and really rather pleasant.

I requested a room with a bathtub. This appeared to be problematic as most of my level of room (non executive) were showers only, but after declining paying to upgrade to Executive, the Receptionist found me an Accessible room which did have a bathtub, along with a few extra grab handles. Probably beneficial for someone as clumsy as me…

The room was spacious, clean, had plenty of lighting, a full length mirror (fairly rare nowadays in Hiltons) and, thanks to it being an Accessible Room, motorised curtains! Plenty of towels in the bathroom, their usual range of complimentary toiletries (which always look cheap-that range needs to be redesigned), and volume control for the TV inside the bathroom so you could listen easily. Oh, and the HOLY GRAIL of hotels rooms… plug sockets by the bed!! Talking of the bed, it was lovely and comfortable with a mix of pillow hardness/softness … unless I was mistaken and just had one half of my head that was spongier than the other..?

Breakfast was a self service buffet, but noting particularly special. In that way it was typical Hilton, although better than others I have stayed at. Better as in the food was relatively warm.

Do I recommend this? Yes. Convenient location for my work event, exceptionally clean and friendly staff. Downside? Having to pay for wifi or suffering a pitiful free 60 minute daily allowance in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of your time at the Hilton London Islington on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you had a great stay with us and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and myself spent a lovely overnight stay at this hotel. We had come to Islington as wehad tickets to see the wonderful Flamenco at the Saddlers Wells Theatre (a very convenient hotel for that venue), and also a champagne tea , which we were having in central London, for my birthday. When I mentioned this to the receptionist at the Hilton, she immediatly gave us a room upgrade, and on our return that night there were birthday balloons, a bag of treats, some cake and a birthday card signed by the hotel staff. THANK YOU! What a lovely surprise. It really made the hotel special. All the staff at the hotel were extremely polite. The buffet breakfast was very good, and plenty of it. All in all, a lovely stay. The only thing that marred our stay was that there some guests in the next room who were obviously extremely drunk, banging doors and talking very loud. Shame on you (3rd floor - remember?) We didn,t complain, as we eventually went to sleep. I am not blaming the hotel at all for that episode, there's no accounting for peoples behaviour, and they can't be booted out, mores the pity! Apart from that, thank you Hilton, for a lovely stay. We shall definatley be coming back!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. i am glad to see you had an enjoyable stay and we hope you have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Not 100% sure what i was expecting. But i was pleasantly surprised. I assume the place has had a refurb and it sure has paid off. The hotel was presented excellently. The warm welcome from Holly on reception was pleasant and positive. Decorated morden slick and exactly what i look for in a hotel. Location of the hotel is a 5 min walk from Angel station, so very central with most things on your door step.

The room was a Deluxe room and it was stunning. Great Decor, Great amenities and very clean.
Could not fault my stay here i would defiantly recommend to other and i will stay again.

Thanks Hilton Islington.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a wonderful review of our hotel. I am glad to read that you were pleasantly surprised by the Hilton London Islington. We do hope that you will return to see us again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 times and feel its time I wrote a review. I hope these reviews do get read by the staff.

This hotel is lovely, its spacious and welcoming, plenty of room out front, the newly decorated rooms are really lovely, the decor is fabulous, the furniture top class and it all is so beautifully co-ordinated.

The breakfasts in the morning are great and I had dinner there on one evening, it was excellent.

Staff are top class.

Exec lounge is small but fine (apart from limited drinks - no Prosecco!!!)

My favourite London hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was delighted to see that after a number of stays you have posted a review. It was lovely to read all your comments regarding, breakfast, staff and the hotel in general.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.