“Fantastic location, staff and rooms”

Hilton London Angel Islington
Ranked #184 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have to say it always exceeds my expectations. The staff always give a warm and friendly welcome and nothing is ever too much trouble. The rooms are clean and modern, the small details like plug sockets in sensible places show that a lot of thought went into the refurb last year. Location wise it is great! Lots of lovely bars & restaurants close by, the tube is a 3 minute walk and the Emirates stadium is only a 20 minute walk from the hotel. They also now have a small exec lounge which is a bonus. Overall I give this hotel top marks as they always deliver great service and with a smile. Keep up the fantastic work and I hope to return again soon

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was delighted to see that all your stays exceed your expectations and you found our staff warm and friendly. We did spend a lot of time planning our refurbishment so am pleased to see that this was well received.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have stayed here many times in the past and have always loved it. I decided to stay again to experience their newly opened Executive Lounge and I am afraid this was a huge disappointment.

The lounge is really small and poorly designed. It only has about 22 seats in it which is the smallest lounge I have ever been in. You cannot move around easioly when it is full and you have to ask people to move to get from your table. The food offering was poor and the drinks were only wine, not spirits like in other Hilton Lounges.

I really do wonder which person designed this since the lounge overlooks an outdoor seating area, surely they could have fitted some patio doors to allow people to sit out on a great day like last Saturday evening.

Other than this the hotel is excellent with friendly staff and great location. Just a huge shame that the lounge is such a flop.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was pleased to see that in general you have enjoyed your stay on many occasions and sorry to see that on this stay you were disappointed with the Executive Lounge. Rest assured I have shared your comments with all the Management for them to focus their attention on this.

We hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Excellent service from staff all round. Food service is prompt and general condition of property is nice, neat and pleasant. I will always choose to stay at the Hilton Islington whenever I am in London.

Room Tip: Could have provided a more powerful hairdryer to dry my long hair quicker :)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us from the service to the food.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I work away from home for most of the week and after having stayed in many many London hotels over the years, this is the one I use whenever I can.

It really benefits from NOT being one of those huge hotels where, while the staff put on a good show, you get the sense it is just that - a show.

Nothing could be further from the truth at Islington. The staff are genuine, friendly and really do make you feel welcome.

And do you know what, that's really what it's all about. The recent upgrade to the rooms and the new exec lounge are very welcome and do provide a great environment, but are also very secondary compared to the staff. It's the people who make the difference.

Thanks for the great service I've received over the years and look forward to many more to come.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Holly S, Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Thank you for your fantastic review. I was extremely pleased to read how you view our hotel as a 'home from home'. Thank you for your comments about the staff rest assured I have shared your comments with all the Team and Management.

We look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed at The Hilton with colleagues attending a Conference and the nearby Business Design centre. The location was perfect being only a few seconds walk from the conference centre. As with most Hilton Hotels the standards were high and I was not disappointed in anyway. We had a group dinner with over 30 people attending and the set meal, this was very nice, good quality food and wines and the service excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that you found the location perfect for you and enjoyed your meal with us.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, hotel is in a great location everything on your door step.

Breakfast was brilliant all fresh and hot with plenty of choice.

Rooms where fresh and clean and had a new feel to them.

All the staff where really nice and polite.

Would stay again, one of the better Hiltons in London

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I was pleased to see that you found our staff polite, breakfast brilliant and rooms fresh and clean.

We hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The Hilton Islington was booked for a work trip purely because, short of sleeping inside the Business Design Centre, I could not get physically closer to the expo location if I tried. We are talking a 30 second totter in high heels from door to door here, if that?

Hiltons… well we all know my thoughts on The Hilton Chain. You've been in one, you've been in them all. Characterless, functional and rather naughty as hotels go by still being one of the few who do not see why they should throw in free wifi, particularly knowing most of their guests are there on business.

But this Hilton? This Hilton is definitely not quite identical. It begins the moment you walk in, and the scent of the lobby is reminiscent of the scent at The Mirage Hotel, Las Vegas. Kind of coconutty/vanillery and really rather pleasant.

I requested a room with a bathtub. This appeared to be problematic as most of my level of room (non executive) were showers only, but after declining paying to upgrade to Executive, the Receptionist found me an Accessible room which did have a bathtub, along with a few extra grab handles. Probably beneficial for someone as clumsy as me…

The room was spacious, clean, had plenty of lighting, a full length mirror (fairly rare nowadays in Hiltons) and, thanks to it being an Accessible Room, motorised curtains! Plenty of towels in the bathroom, their usual range of complimentary toiletries (which always look cheap-that range needs to be redesigned), and volume control for the TV inside the bathroom so you could listen easily. Oh, and the HOLY GRAIL of hotels rooms… plug sockets by the bed!! Talking of the bed, it was lovely and comfortable with a mix of pillow hardness/softness … unless I was mistaken and just had one half of my head that was spongier than the other..?

Breakfast was a self service buffet, but noting particularly special. In that way it was typical Hilton, although better than others I have stayed at. Better as in the food was relatively warm.

Do I recommend this? Yes. Convenient location for my work event, exceptionally clean and friendly staff. Downside? Having to pay for wifi or suffering a pitiful free 60 minute daily allowance in the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience of your time at the Hilton London Islington on Trip Advisor. I am so happy that you had a great stay with us and we do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards