“ideal location”

Hilton London Angel Islington
Ranked #183 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“ideal location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for a long midsummer weekend and family wedding. The size of the room was excellent and we had fantastic views over the city. The bathroom was spacious and the shower was wonderful. The location right in the centre of Islington was perfect and convenient for transport into the city.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny N
Holly S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location ideal.

We hope we can welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Assistant Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reading,
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here as we were having dinner in Highbury. A nice hotel, our room was recently refurbished and had everything we would normally look for. Its location is its selling point as it central for everything in Islington with easy access to Clerkenwell, Kings Cross, St Pancras and Highbury. Islington is looking pretty good again and a joy to be in. So nice to be out of Central London!
A nice bar, clean room and toilet, easy access to a range of bars and restaurants. Would stay here again as this was much better than Jury’s Inn round the corner.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brucestalker1
Vincent H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to see that your purpose for visiting was met by the splendour of the hotel and local area.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We arrived when the temperature outside was over 30 degrees and were pleased to find that our room had a very efficient air conditioning system which kept us very comfortable throughout our stay. The room which had recently been skilfully refurbished to a good standard met all our requirements . The staff in all departments were friendly and efficient . We had breakfast in the hotel on both mornings and found the choice and quality to be very good and the staff very helpful . If you are staying in this area of London I think you will enjoy this hotel .

Room Tip: A room with a view would be preferable
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David C
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I can see you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am pleased that you received a great service and enjoyed the amenities and furnishings at the Hilton London Islington.

It would be really nice to welcome you back if ever you are in town again.

Horn Iceland
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent 3 nights there last fall and it was as good as expected from a Hilton Hotel. Our room was great, more than enough room while still being comfy and it was like new, not old and tired as some hotels have been that we have stayed at in London.The location was nice close to the tube and very quiet. The food was good and the service was excellent. Even if I tried to be nasty there was not one issue I could complain about. This is a hotel I would absolutly stay at again while in London.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Johann K
Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay at the Hilton London Islington. What a fantastic review. I am glad to see you had an enjoyable stay and enjoyed all the offerings from the hotel and Angel/Islington area.

We all look forward to you returning when you are in London again.

Middle East
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have to start with the “business facilities”. The blurb in the rooms states that one can use the hotel as an office away from home with “state of the art equipment” and expert advice on hand. Armed with this reassuring message, I went down to find these facilities. “Oh, we don’t have a business centre, but if you like you can access the PC behind the guest relations desk.

To this desk I trotted to find the entirely pleasant man who also served as the porter for our bags the night before. He turned the screen partly towards me and, standing at this public desk, I had to sign onto my email to print out some important information. This guy had no idea about PCs orthe software – and that’s n ot his fault, it’s the hotel’s for misleading its guests so badly and putting him into a situation from which he is not trained.

I needed to print …. No ideas from him as to how to do this. I pasted from the email and asked to open Microsoft Word – blank looks. I located it myself, still standing in this public space at the foot of the lifts. Pasted in and printed. If it wasn’t so glaringly misleading, one would have to laugh.
The Exec Lounge is tiny and off the lobby. They were generous with the definition of happy hour – good! Unfortunately, on my first visit, it was unattended and so nobody could identify the two hot snacks on offer. Investigation showed one to be the blandest of potato croquettes; the other remained a mystery.
Breakfast in the lounge was a disaster. Badly cooked scrambled eggs or coldish fried eggs. Very limited fruit selection, but reasonable cold cuts. Lounge was unattended when I was there. Next couple of days we used the breakfast room and this was absolutely fine – the normal Hilton selection (but no veggie sausages unfortunately).
The room was fine, but no upgrade to a suite from the highest exec room we booked – they said this was the policy (even though I am a diamond member).
The positives were two; the staff were all helpful and very pleasant and the location is really good; Islington must have the highest density of restaurants in London and the ambience in the area is excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over London (the Shard and St Paul's etc)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Xeta
Holly S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton London Angel Islington, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I was very sorry to read of your disappointment with your stay.

With regards to the Executive Lounge I have shared all your comments with the Management Team but in particular with the Restaurant and Bar Manager for him to make improvements.

I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your review further, therefore can I please ask you to contact me on holly.shepherd@hilton.com.

I look forward to speaking with you.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Not a 4 Star experience. In comparison to other Hilton hotels not on the same level. Internet drops every 10 minutes, so impacts conference calling and Skype. No pool or in-house amenities. Staff seem pained to provide welcome experience. Had billing issues which took 3 days to resolve.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Gavin T
Thank you for your review of your stay at the hotel. I can see that your stay was not quite what you expected and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any shortfall in service you received. We are currently looking into the wifi connectivity at the hotel as we have increased the routers around the building and doubled the band width from 10mb to 20mb but still experiencing some issues. An engineer has visited the hotel to get this rectified as soon as possible. We do not currently have at the gym at the hotel however we do a special offer for a nearby gym for all our guests, we are currently looking into a gym at the hotel. My sincere apologies for the billing confusion but I am glad all is sorted with your account. Please let us know when you will be returning as we would love to welcome you back.

Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is very decent hotel - not too large, quite quiet, located 5 min walk from underground, with 10 min. connection to main attractions. Neighborhood also offers a lot of restaurants.

As a HH Diamond I got a free upgrade to executive room, lounge access and small bottle of wine. Room was spacious enough, modern and clean.

Breakfasts were nice, even though not that large selection as in continental Europe.

There are some areas for improvement. First is housekeeping. I've seen it first time that items from vanity (grooming) kit that were not used before were put back in the package and such incomplete set was left in a room. They are also missing sometimes to leave you 1 or 2 of standard cosmetics.

Lounge isn't really good. It's the smallest I've ever seen - no sofas, no TV, evening snack very limited and from alcohols only beer and wine.

Windows are blocked to open them wide, while it's only 3 floors hotel.

But, as mentioned before worth to stay there.

Room Tip: #208 is executive room and is spacious, modern and clean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank PL_Michal
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed your stay apart from the improvements needed in Housekeeping and the Executive Lounge.

With regards to Housekeeping I can assure you this is not our normal standards and I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper for her to investigate this and make improvements.

I have also shared your comments with regards to the Executive Lounge with the Restaurant and Bar Manager who is also looking in to making improvements.

We hope you will return in the future.