“No frills, friendly staff, convenient location, dependable internet.”

Citadines Trafalgar Square London
Ranked #285 of 1,088 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
“No frills, friendly staff, convenient location, dependable internet.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a convenient location if your target visit in London is in the Trafalgar Square vicinity. It is a short walk to Covent Garden (I go there for the Apple Store, among others) and as I run, it's a great location as it's literally a few steps from the Thames. It's a great run towards the Parliament then cross the bridge towards the London Eye, and back and run straight through St. James' Park, Buckingham Palace, and then Hyde Park.

For transport, Charing Cross is just around the corner and of course there are many many places to eat around the hotel. Notable will be the Sherlock Holmes pub, or you can have a light Italian lunch in Prezzo, or some wine and oysters in Mossimo's across the hotel.

The hotel itself is compact and the rooms are on the small side. The staff are friendly and can speak a number of languages but I surmised they cater more to Spanish-speaking clientele. Breakfast is standard fare and the coffee is fresh.

I did have a problem with the taxi once, son if you ask the concierge for a taxi, double check and make sure you have enough time to change your mode of transport.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper floors - they should be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank GranDia
Ben A, General Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this review, 28 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments are appreciated, I'm happy that we were able to position you so close to all the attractions, and I'm pleased you were happy with our service.
I'm very sorry you faced issues with your taxi booking, I hope this was resolved. Any feed back on negative issues are appreciated, with this we can work towards fixing and avoiding repeat problems.

I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Many thanks, Ben

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (291)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zagreb, Croatia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I warmly recommend Citadines Prestige Trafalgar Square. Just a short walk from National Gallery, London Eye, Houses of Parliament, West End theaters, close to two tube stations (Embankment and Charing Cross), the hotel is perfectly located for all who want to explore major attractions and sightseeing spots. Our studio apartment was on the 5th floor, surprisingly quiet and had all we needed for a pleasant stay. The kitchen is small but well equipped so you can easily cook a breakfast or a dinner. The Wi-Fi connection was complimentary and worked well during the whole stay.
The reception staff was very friendly, helpful and welcoming.
The only downsize of our studio apartment would be a very limited hanging space in wardrobe.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank vidya19
Dear Guest,

Your feedback is much appreciated.

I'm glad he majority of your stay was so positive. However I am sorry if the hanging space was insufficient. I will certainly take this into account should we have the opportunity to make changes. Perhaps in the meantime, should you return, please do let me know directly, so I may find a more suitable room, or if necessary supply an external hanging rail.

I do look forward to hearing from you in the future, we will do our best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

Kadoma, Zimbabwe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is located right in the heart of London,2 minutes away from charing cross underground station and 1 minute away from the Thames river and the London eye. When outside the hotel, the busy adventurous atmosphere of London seems to be everywhere, but seems to disappear as soon as you enter the hotel. A sudden calm and relaxed atmosphere is felt, probably from the warm and friendly smiles of the reception staff. The rooms are so comfortable and cosy you forget how busy your surroundings are. The reception staff were so thoughtful as to offer to keep our bags in case we had other places we wanted to go without the huddle of dragging our bags everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Ernest Jnr M
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your great description of our property and location, We indeed do our best in keeping a pleasant calm atmosphere, so as to create a home from home, it is our pleasure to make our guests feel welcome, I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Many thanks, Ben
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2013

Great hotel so close to all the tourist sights. Staff were helpful and friendly, especially inaki on front desk. His customer service skills were second to none. He is a credit to the hotel. The apartment was a little oasis, clean, stylish. Wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jasmine P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments, I will certainly pass on your praise to Inaki, who I'm sure will be very pleased to hear you were happy with his service.

I hope we can welcome you again in the near future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

A central London studio apartment for the price of some of the not necessarily 'quality' London hotels. The extra space provided alone makes it well worth it, now add to this a dining area, small fridge, sink, hob & microwave, complimentary Wi-Fi this turns into a mini home from home.

The staff are friendly and professional and the room clean and tidy. Even though facing the extremely busy Northumberland Avenue there was hardly any noise filtering through. Leicester Square, Soho, the London Eye, Westminster, Big Ben, Convent Garden, Buckingham Palace all are within 10-15 minutes walk - blinding!! And shopping - pop into Charing Gross tube (a couple of minutes walk away) and you can be in Oxford Street in less than 15 minutes.

Only downers, shower isn't that powerful but it does - oh and if you're a TV freak the exceptionally small screen for the size of the room won't be to your liking.

First place I'm checking next time I'm in London for a couple of nights!!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tony-Southend
Ben A, General Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback.

I'm pleased you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I'm sorry to hear you faced issues with the shower and television. We are in fact looking to get bigger screens in early 2014, and hope to replace the majority, and hopefully make the experience a more positive one, especially for those who like television.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The location of these apartments is fantastic, walking distance from Trafalgar Square and in close proximity to other great London locations and many great restaurants. I had booked the apartments for a business trip and was generally pleased by the size considering the price and the location. There was a fully kitted out kitchen (although on the small size), a lounge area and a separate bedroom area. At this hotel they do take security very seriously as you need to swipe your card at the entrance and in the lift to get to your room. They have a few steps going up into the entrance of the hotel and when you are trying to bring up heavy bags can be a bit annoying trying to negotiate this with minimum help. Overall, was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Kirpal S

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad you were pleased with the majority of your stay.

I'm sorry to here you had difficulties with your bags, as a serviced residence we do not have dedicated luggage porters, though all of our staff are happy to help if required, we do try to keep our eyes open for anyone who requires assistance. I am sorry if we failed to do so on this ocassion.

I hope you will visit us again soon. We will do our best to exceed your expecations.

With Kind Regards, Ben
Bega, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Walk out of the door, then it doesn't matter which way you turn because in 30 seconds you are somewhere special. The apartment was very comfortable although we found the downstairs part too dark. However it had everything we needed and iit was clean and spacious. Close to 2 tube stations, the Thames, easy walk to Covent Garden, the Strand, National Portrait Gallery etc etc - in fact everything. Good eating places around, small Tesco nearby. Not cheap but you get what you pay for. I'd certainly stay there again. Staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Two bedroom apartment is spacious with plenty of storage. There are stairs to negotiate.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 707MaureenL

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm glad you were happy with the location and service, however I'm sorry that you found the living area to be too dark. Please be assured I am looking into this, and have already been testing new LED lighting and uplighting. I appreciate your feedback, as this will help us improve further.

We look forward to welcoming you back.