Citadines Trafalgar Square London
US$245
US$418
US$358
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$196
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$383
Excellent 5/5
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
2,472 results
All reviewslondon eyecharing crossnorthumberland avenueembankment stationsherlock holmes pubgreat locationstudio apartmentsmall kitchenbuckingham palacenational gallerystove topbig bencovent gardensofa bedwalking distanceseparate toiletkitchen area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We booked two 2-bedroom units at this property for a 6-night stay in cental London. The only negative experience was at check in when we were assigned the wrong room and sent to an already occupied room. The problem was quickly resolved so not an issue for us, but I certainly hope this was an isolated incident as I was somewhat concerned for our security.

Please note that due to construction, the Embankment tube station only has District and Circle lines stopping there, no other lines, I believe this will be through fall 2014 so this makes the location a little less convenient that normal. Furthermore, while the location is overall exceptional, we weren't happy with the dining choices in the immediate vicinity. One night the front desk recommended Garfunkles up the street and it was a boring chain resturant with some british food items but otherwise like any US chain, we were not at all impressed, much better local dining options in Covent Garden/Soho area than near Trafalgar Square itself. We did very much enjoy the Sherlock Holmes pub next door however.

The 2-bedroom unit is on two floors. Toilet room, kitchen and living room on the lower floor. Stairs are very steep and narrow, my daughter and I both slipped, be very careful especially when carrying luggage up and down. Upstairs is a shower/sink and the two bedrooms. Rooms were very nicely appointed and decorated, and well maintained. There is a "light" cleaning daily with clean towels, beds made up, and garbage removed, this was more than adequate. We only ate breakfasts in the room daily but the kitchen was well equipped for more intensive meal preparation. A few tea bags, instant coffees, sugar and milk were provided in each room. The water kettle was impressively fast at heating water. The dishwasher didn't seem to get our dishes clean at all so we washed those by hand. Groceries at all the nearby stores were very affordable, we picked up fresh pastries each evening for breakfast the next day, and especially enjoyed the good yogurts. There was both a Tesco and Co-op store very close and other stores a block or so further on. Only one type of liquid soap is provided in the shower, a combined shampoo/body wash. We picked up conditioner at a local store. We appreciated the coffee service in the lobby and found the laundry room adequate although busy during the evening hours.

Windows are very high up so there isn't really a view to speak of. There are no drawers in the bedrooms. The queen room only has a tv and mirror and the frame provides a small shelf. The 2-twin room has no tv, thus no small shelf. The bedroom doors are "fire" doors, either open or all the way closed, can't be open just a crack. There is also a fire door at the top of the stairs. Not a great set up for parents to listen for napping children, you can't hear a thing from the bedrooms if you are on the lower level,

There were of course ample UK outlets, but also one Euro style outlet in each bedroom and one in the living room.

Wifi is limited to 4 devices per room, not enough for our family with 7 devices among 3 adults and one child. I felt this limit of 4 was an unnecessary hassle for a room that sleeps 6. I do not have international cell or wifi service on my phone or tablet and rely heavily on the wifi from the hotel which was not only limited to the 4 devices per room but often also had a weak signal. My family argued about who got to use wifi for which device - think this is an area the property management definitely could improve for what we paid for two 2-bedroom units for 6 nights we really ALL should have been allowed to use the wifi.

Overall we loved our accomodations at Citadines Trafalgar and felt it was a good value for 2-bedroom with kitchenette in this exceptional location within walking distance of many local attractions and two tube stations.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a great detailed review. I am glad you had such a great time with us. I am sorry about the issue at check in but am glad it was resolved quickly. As you mentioned Embankment is closed to Northern and Bakerloo Lines, but they stop at Charing Cross which is 100 meters from Embankment. In regards to the WIFI we can issue more codes for more users I am sorry this was not communicated to you. Once again thank you for such a great review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar in the future.
Best Wishes

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights and was very impressed with the hotel, rooms were very clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable, everything you require for a pleasant stay. The hotel is in a fantastic location where you can tour the attractions on foot, it is an easy walk to London eye, Buckingham palace etc and close to the subway system. Staff were very courteous, helpful and prepared to answer your questions and provide assistance.
A special thank you to Justyna at reception who went above and beyond to provide us assistance in addressing some reservation issues pre-trip and upon arrival had us checked in without any further issues at all.
All in all very pleased and if we are back in London will be staying here again and will recommend to any friends heading to London for a vacation

2  Thank Fraser S

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you such a wonderful review. Yes the location is perfect for exploring London's many famous sights. I have passed your great comments onto Justyna, who is pleased you enjoyed her help. Once again Thank you, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Jan Ryser
Unterfeldweg 122
3053 Münchenbuchsee

Suisse

Thank you for the good service in our hotel.
Thank you that they will send me my sunglasses back. I've rarely spent a good time in a hotel. The room was not so bad, except for the views.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Suisseboy
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving such great feedback, we are glad you enjoyed the service the team gave you and we look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar in the future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Like the say in real estate; location, location, location. This place is really good. The room was spacious (not like I had heard about rooms in the UK) and I got the small room. It is steps from 2 tube stations (Charing Cross and Embankment), Spamalot, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, the Eye, many pubs and shopping. It is only 10 minutes from Parliament, Big Ben, and Westminster. The ONLY reason this does not get 5 stars is the bathroom. The water pressure is next to nothing, but it sufficed. The people at the desk were very nice and accommodating. There is a breakfast if you choose, which was a bit overpriced (13.00 BP).
If I get the chance to come back I will look here first. For what you get and of course the location, the price is well worth it.

Room Tip: Go around the corner towards Embankment station and find the Blue Onion sandwich shop. great food and nice owners.

Mark,

Thank you for posting on your recent stay with us. As you mentioned the location is great with lots of major attractions within a short walking distance. My apologies about the shower pressure, maintenance are currently undertaking an inspection of all boilers within the property. We look forward to you returning and us hopefully receiving 5 stars!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 20 March 2014

As a parent of three children under 12 I find myself trying to find a hotel that can accommodate us comfortably.
I never thought I could find a hotel with the amenities that Citadines had.
We requested the loft apartment and were pleasantly surprised on how good and comfortable it was, we had a kitchenette, fridge and a living room area with a dining table. The hotel also has a laundry room on the lowest level (extra charge works with tokens) A great breakfast is offered everyday for a very reasonable charge and excellent fresh waffles!
My only complaint with be the bathroom on our room, on the lover level was the toilette and the shower on the 1st floor which means that if you are up in the middle of the night and sleeping on the first floor you will have to go down a very narrow staircase to reach the toilette.
This will be the only reason why I will rate 4 instead of 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RachelMNewYork

Dear Rachel,

Thank you for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your time at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. Yes we are a good option for families in London with spacious rooms and very central location. Once again thank you for posting about your time with us.

Regards,