Citadines Trafalgar Square London
US$308
US$285
Travelocity
2,466 results
All reviewslondon eyecharing crossnorthumberland avenueembankment stationsherlock holmes pubgreat locationstudio apartmentsmall kitchenbuckingham palacenational gallerystove topbig bencovent gardensofa bedwalking distanceseparate toiletkitchen area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed here for four days with a family of four. Rooms were acceptably large. Private bedroom for parents and kids stayed in fold out couch downstairs. Staff was friendly especially Andre who checked us in and ultimately greeted us at departure. Kitchen in room was small but great for late night snacks and cereal for early morning. Really, it was this aspect that was most inviting. If you are a family then saving on a meal a day in London adds up quickly.

Of note: there is a little market on the corner of Northumberland Ave heading towards Trafalgar Square. Charing Cross station is a great hub for Tube travel. Take the Embankment, station toward the river, if you want to go to the Tower of London...which, by the way, is worth the price of admission.

Room Tip: Try to get a room off the street. London is busy early morning.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank drewster63
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you and your family had a great time with us, and got to take advantage of our great location and also the kitchen! Thank you for sharing your tips and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is an apartment for rental, it has pretty much everything you need for a typical small apartment. It is in a very convenient place and everywhere you want to go is within walking distance. The bus system is pretty good in London. Given that it is the only place in Europe that you can communicate in English without any problems, it gives you the feeling of a 'vacation' home :-)
The staffs are rather helpful and courteous. They offered coffee and water 24/7 at the lobby. Wifi is available, but they limit the connection to 4 devices per room. That's kind of crazy given that most people these days have smart phone, tablet or laptops. Most people won't use phone and laptop hoarding bandwidth together so what's the point of limiting to 4? The connection was not that good anyway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ed W
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Ed W,

Thank you for talking the time to review your stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and also London. Thank you for your kind words about the team and I'm glad they helped you during your time with us. The WIFI is limited to 4 devices for 1 log in, we can issue more passes that can be used as well. This is something though we are working on with our Internet provider to rectify. Once again thank you for posting this review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Pluses: LOCATION; rooms are clean and quiet; helpful staff (esp Inaki), good breakfast even though we just used it once (had breakfast in our room other days); the sofa folding out into two separate twin beds worked well for our 9 and 11 year-olds.
Minuses: No major minuses. Rooms are small but this is not a big deal for us. Neither is not having a coffee maker or alarm clock.
Overall, we would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank bergdoc

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for posting on Tripadvisor and am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. In regards to the coffee machines there are facilities in each room. Should you return to London I hope you will stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I always seem to leave London with a grudge list from any hotel - not this time though! Good experiences at Citadines Trafalgar started before checking in with concierge Alfredo assisting with a luggage transfer. When I did finally arrive, the room was spotless, well equipped and comfortable. The décor is modern and everything worked. I was particularly impressed with breakfast, which is smart continental and well presented and delivered. The location is a standout and the hotel wasn't too noisy either which is a miracle given the proximity to Trafalgar Square. The internet could have been a little more robust and the lighting a bit brighter, but they are niggles on what was a very good stay. I'll be looking to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank WellingtonKiwiJo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great posting. I am glad you had a great time with us and have passed your comments onto the team, especially commending Alfredo. Once again thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I booked this hotel knowing that I was only going to be here for one night as I was just passing through London. With that being said I wanted something close to the train station (Charing Cross) as well as near the main touristy spots, so this hotel was perfect for that. As per the hotel itself, I was skeptical given some of the negative reviews I read, and it turned out to be much better than I had anticipated. I arrived around 10am, just wanting to drop off my bags as I assumed my room wouldn't have been ready just yet, and to my surprise my room was ready! This was great news given that I just flew 8 hours overnight and what I really wanted to do was to shower and lay down for a bit. I was very impressed upon entering my room, it was small yet cute and modern. Reminded me of an apartment in NYC. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff was also friendly. I would definitely choose to stay here again if I am ever so lucky enough to return to London!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank kristen d

Kirsten,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us. I am glad we were able to look after you for your one night in London. I'm glad we were able to accommodate you on your early arrival, we are more then happy if the room is ready to let guests check in. We look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar in the future hopefully next time you will be able to stay for longer.