Citadines Trafalgar Square London
The Tower(London)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$117
2,500 results
All reviewslondon eyecharing crossnorthumberland avenueembankment stationsherlock holmes pubgreat locationstudio apartmentsmall kitchenbuckingham palacenational gallerystove topbig bencovent gardensofa bedwalking distanceseparate toiletkitchen area
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in hotel midweek and it's in a great location between the City and the West End so easy to get to and soooo central.

The reception was busy with guests for a do so it was hard to see the check in desks but once I managed to get through a nice simple check in and good security having to use the keys for entry and the lifts.

The room was spacious with a small kitchen in it and the bathroom was fine except the bat was a little narrow so the shower curtain kept on attacking me when I had a shower. The shower wasn't powerful enough to at all but other than that the hotel was good and clean.

You can't beat the location being a 5min walk to Covent Garden and a minute walk from Charing Cross and Embankment.

Would definitely stay here again

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Helen B,

Thank you for the great review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Our room configuration was ridiculous. The spiral staircase was steep, too narrow for a suitcase, and a dangerous trip from the bedrooms - upstairs - to the toilet - downstairs. This set-up was not anything like the website representation. One member of our group slipped on the carpeted stairs during a nighttime visit to the toilet; he bumped down 4 steps. This accident was very bad for his already painful herniated disc. The thermostats did not work. The rooms were hot and stuffy. With the windows open, the rooms were noisy.
The toilet room was so tiny that you had to straddle the toilet to close the door.
For first-time visitors to London, navigating from the train station to the hotel was difficult.
The hotel dining area did not provide seating to accommodate the many hotel guests. The snippy cashier refused to let me take my breakfast to the room; when she finally allowed it, she insisted that I return the dishes to the kitchen.
The promised laundry amenity was in the hotel but not in room - undisclosed on website.
Front desk employees not really on top of things. I had a question; I stood in line while a desk clerk and guest had a lovely chat that was not room / stay-related.
Ridiculously expensive for a tiny space with treacherous stairs and lousy customer service. The only positive is its location, but there are other accommodations at Trafalgar Square which I have to think are better. At everything.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank CleanfreakChicago
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear CleanFreakChicago,

Thank you for your posting about your recent stay. I am sorry that the layout of the room was not to your liking, we do have some other rooms that are slightly different so I am sorry we didn't offer to change your room. All our 2 bedroom units have stairs with hand rails to ensure our guests have safe access. We usually do a follow up call after all guests have check in to ensure everything is to their liking, so am sorry if this did not happen.

I am surprised by your comments about being difficult to find, we are located on Northumberland Ave, one of the main streets to Trafalgar Square. My apologies you had to wait for reception to finish with another guest, we do try and make sure all guest feel like their at home. In regards to the price we do run promotions and offer advance purchases though out the year, so am sorry you were not able to take advantage on this stay.

Once again Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay, all feedback helps us improve our service and product to ensure we meet all guests needs in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at CITADINE after being recommended. We had been let down at the very last minute by Viliers33 London, which now when I look at their reviews they have an appalling record!! I must say after all the stress Villiers33 caused us, they did us a favour as CITADINE WAS EXCELLENT... the location, rooms and staff. They have made every effort to make your stay welcoming and a pleasant experience, with all sorts of added extra's should you need them... Would definitely stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have very small windows, but not a problem if you are only staying 1 night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Parker1488,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your great stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you got to enjoy your time after being let down by the other property. Thank you for your kind comments about the team I have passed them on. Once again I am glad you had an excellent time with us and we look forward to you returning.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I Love Citadines Trafalgar Square London!!!

My 16 year old daughter and I were in London for 10 day this month (June 2014) and we stayed there. We had almost no complaints. The room was smaller than I though it would be but it was more than enough space for the 2 of us. My biggest complaint was the shower because there were way too many safety grab bars in such a small space. It actually made showering difficult. Other than that, all good things.

First and foremost, it is a very safe and secure hotel. You need a room key to enter the hotel and a room key to operate the elevator so you're not getting up to the actual rooms unless you're supposed to be there.

The room was clean.
Maid service was daily unless we didn't want them to come it. When they did, they tidied up and replenished the TP, towels, etc.

Good heating and good AC.

Great little kitchen area in the room.

Comfy beds!!

The most amazing coffee/espresso/cappuccino machine in the lobby available around the clock.

Wifi in the room was great, absolutely no issues.

Super conveniently located near little markets, restaurants, theaters and the tube stations.

The staff was extremely kind and helpful.

I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great place to stay in London.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Debbie C

Dear Debbie C,

Thank you for the wonderfully detailed review. I am glad you had a great time and had so many positive comments about your stay. The whole Citadines Prestige Trafalgar team look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We searched long and hard for the perfect place to accommodate our first trip to London from the US. This place states that it has it all and with the price tag that went along with it we assumed it did. The location was great, the street was beautiful and it was easy to walk to the tube as well as amazing restaurants and shows. We were following our 5-day stay in London with a 12-night cruise so one of the requirements on our list was a washer/dryer in our flat so we can do some wash before we went on the second portion of our trip. We rented a 2-bedroom/2-story flat as there were 4 of us traveling and we were told over the phone that washer/dryer was in the unit. It wasn't. We were also told that breakfast would be included. It wasn't. (to the tune of over $20 USD per person for an assortment of Cereal and fruit) I asked them for a recommendation for a private driver to bring us from the airport to the hotel and again from the hotel to the cruise port almost 2 hours away as I wanted to get those plans taken care of before we arrived in London. I was told by the staff that I would receive a call back within a couple hours and never heard from anyone. When we arrived we went down for breakfast and there were only a few tables that seat 4 people each for the whole hotel and obviously there were no seats. We were told we were absolutely not able to take food up to the room and after much firm persuasion we were allowed to leave with food but abruptly and rudely told by the dining attendant that we had better bring our dishes back down as we were done. The stairwell to the second floor of the unit we rented was circular and steep which wasn't a problem physically but it wasn't wide enough to even carry a suitcase up. We had to leave all clothes downstairs in the living room and we had bedrooms upstairs. The shower was upstairs but the toilet was down. Also the A/C unit pretended to work but it was uncomfortably hot the entire stay. As stated, the best attribute of this hotel is the location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy C

Dear Jeremy C,

Thank you for the posting. I am glad you enjoyed our location for your 5 days in London. I am sorry for your experiences with the team, we usually pride ourselves on our service, so am very sorry we have let you down during your stay with us. I have spoken to the breakfast team about being more flexible during our peak period as we are limited with space. In regards to the price it is £12 which is not to bad for a central London property, there are also bakeries and cafes a short walk from Citadines should you prefer to eat outside. Once again thank you for your posting.