“Great, beautiful and central hotel”

Citadines Trafalgar Square London
Ranked #282 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Netanya, Israel
“Great, beautiful and central hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Absolutely gorgeous hotel.
It has central location (near Trafalgar square) and 2 tubes stations in a 3 minutes walk.
They welcomed us nicely and we had a great time.
==================================

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sagi E
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Sagi E,

Thank you for the fantastic review, we look forward to you returning!

Ben

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 7 nights in room 518 in June 2014. The hotel is in a perfect central location. The suite was quiet. It has lots of power points, both UK and euro. The wi-fi was free and fast. There is a separate toilet. The suite is well equipped with utensils, ironing board, a safe, etc. Air conditioning is good. TV is good. There is a laundry available in the hotel. Reception staff are polite. We recommend the hotel if you want all facilities in a central area.

However it must be said that the paintwork in the suite is tired. It has grey walls, with grey wallpaper and grey pictures. Rooms are cleaned well but this is done late in the afternoon which is not always convenient. The room rate is expensive.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley K
Dear Lesley K,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you and your wife had a nice time staying with us. My apologies about some of the paint work in your suite, I have instructed the Maintenance Manager to ensure all our rooms are up to the usually high Citadines standards. Should you return to London we look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar.

Regards,
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After many years of staying in lower priced hotels in suburbs close to the tube but not necessarily convenient to places I wanted to visit I finally gave in and spent more money to be centrally located. How I wished I had found Citadines before. Great location near Trafalgar Square, Embankment and Charing Cross tube stations and within walking distance of so many attractions in central London. My room had a small kitchen area which was very useful for quick breakfasts or dinner in - there are several supermarkets within a few minutes walk. The hotel staff were very helpful and efficient. Some rooms overlook Northumberland Avenue which is very busy and so rooms at the back are quieter. My room was modern, spacious and very clean. Tea and coffee are available in reception at all hours for guests and there are a couple of computers for guest use in the lobby area. There is very poor & inconsistent WiFi reception in the guest rooms, so if you need to work in your room this might be an issue. I will definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it for anyone visiting central London. This hotel has parking available.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. If WiFi is important, ask for a room that has good reception.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank IndigoJT
Dear IndigoJT

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I am glad you eventually found us! Yes the location is great as we are so central most sights are within walking distance. My apologies about the WIFI we were having issues during your stay, but have since rectified the problem and are now just waiting for Fibre Optic to be installed in the coming weeks. Once again Thank You for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Regards,
Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed with my family from June 16th to June 22th.

The location is amazing, near Trafalgar Square and Charing Cross train / tube stations. VERY accesible.

The apartment we rented was spacious and the kitchen well equipped (we asked for a larger pot and by the time we came back, it was in our apartment that same day) The internet connection was good and we were able to stay in touch with our family back in Argentina

All the staff was very helpful and kind. Some of them spoke Spanish, which was a plus because my parents don't speak English.They even send me a bottle of wine and chocolates for my birthday.

I'm recommending this hotel to all my friends and fmaily for they stay in London and I'll definetly be chosing it again for my next visit to this amazing city.

Thanks for making my first visit to London (and my birthday too) an incredible experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CotyAr
Dear CotyAr,

Thank you for wonderful posting. I am glad you and your parents were well looked after during your stay with us and that your parents could take advantage of our Spanish speaking staff. Thank you very much for the recommendations and we look forward to you returning on your next holiday to London.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was our fourth stay at Citadines Trafalgar Square. We keep coming back because of its great location, excellent family accommodation and the value (compared to a family room in a hotel in comparable location). Not a particularly cheap option for a tight budget, but very good considering all things on offer, and affordable for a stay of 3-4 nights. The option self cater is very helpful for families with children. We were also very pleased to find that breakfast is now offered. Ours was included in the price of the room. A perfectly good cold buffet with plenty of options for children as well. A great base from which to enjoy all that London has to offer. Minutes from Trafalgar square, the river, the London Eye and Houses of Parliament and with three Tube stations within minutes walk. Highly recommended for those who like to be centrally located and want the flexibility of an apartment instead of a hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gunlomgirl
Dear Gunlomgirl,

Thank you for the posting. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your time with us when in London. Yes having a kitchen is definitely a plus, especially when with a family, as eating out nightly in London can be expensive. The Trafalgar team all look forward to welcoming you back for your fifth stay with us.

Bolton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Have just returned from a 3 day break in London at the Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. Having never been to London to stay before was a little anxious about noise; locality etc but the location of the hotel was super. It was central to so many things inc. Tube.
Northumberland Ave is an attractive tree lined ave which added to the location. I asked for a quiet room and we got rooms at the back - free from traffic noise.The staff were helpful and on my birthday I returned to my room from Afternoon Tea at the Ritz to see a bottle of wine and chocolates in our room. A very thoughtful touch.
Room was clean ( cleaned every day - fresh towels ) and had all we needed.Tea and coffee is available - and the hot chocolate after an evening out was most welcome in the lounge area. Our daughter and partner stayed with us and their room too was spacious and cool and quiet. So appeals to different age groups....Have no hesitation recommending the hotel and will return for another break.

Room Tip: A room away from the road has obviously no traffic noise but the view I imagine from the rooms on th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue F
Dear Sue F,

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am glad you had a special time for your birthday and hoped you enjoyed your first stay in London. As you say Northumberland is a beautiful street in central London, and for such a central location our rooms are very quiet. Once again Thank You, and we look forward to your returning to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar.

Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel has probably the best location in London. It is very close to Trafalgar Square and many other famous attractions of London. The hotel also offers free tea and coffee 24/7, which is very convenient as well. However, the quality of internet in the rooms was extremely poor and it was very annoying, especially if one is travelling on business. Rooms service was also a bit annoying, most of the times the room was cleaned late afternoon, and sometimes I would find my stuff on the floor, instead of them being folded and put on the bed. Though these are minor things, I think that the hotel really needs to invest in proper internet connection.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NinoG82
Dear NinoG82,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you generally liked your stay with us, but sorry for the inconveniences with the WIFI connection. We have replaced one of the modems and are also waiting for Fibre Optic to be installed in the coming weeks. Once again Thank You for the review, all feedback helps us improve on our product and services so we can try to ensure all our guests have a great stay. We look forward to you returning and enjoying our Fibre Optic broadband on your next visit to us.