“Only 23good things: Breakfast, service & Location”

Citadines Trafalgar Square London
Ranked #278 of 1,076 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights with our 2 daughters. We originally booked 8 months ahead of time the Citadines in Civent Garden. 2 days prior to arrival they sent an email saying that for technical problems they had to transfer us to Trafalgar Sq... Not nice as we had chosen this hotel because of the Civent garden location.
At Trafalgar Square the room was good in size and pretty updated... As well as the reception. The breakfast is definitely the best thing the hotel has, as well as the service. Cleanless doesn't exist at all at this hotel or is pretty bad!!!! You definitely will go here because of price and location!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Samanta C
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Samanta C,

Thank you for posting about your recent stay with us. I am sorry you had to change from Citadines Prestige Holborn to us, I understand this is frustrating. We are a short walk of 10 minutes to Covent Garden so hope you still managed to get there. I am glad you thought the room was a good size and you enjoyed the breakfast. I have passed your comments about the cleaning onto the Executive Housekeeper who is investigating. Once again thank you.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Very central perfect for seeing the attractions, clean, tidy, friendly staff not luxurious but for the price you wouldn't expect it to be, would Defo use again. Did not eat there, and don't know if it had a bar.
Even though it was very central our room was very quite could not hear any outside noise.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank wendyjanem
Ben A, Manager at Citadines Trafalgar Square London, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Wendyjanem,

Thank you for the posting, I am glad you had all your needs met during your stay with us. The Citadines Prestige Team all look forward to you returning on your next trip to London.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My family stayed in a one bedrooms suite on the 8th floor for 4 nights. We loved the location, the spaciousness of the apartment, the separate toilet room, the decor and the safe. Management was wonderful about sorting out a reservation problem that occurred before we got there. It was in a safe neighborhood with lots of shopping, the tube, even a McDonald's nearby. One of our favorite meals was St. Martins in the Fields Cafe in the Crypt. It was very reasonable, the food was good, the atmosphere was great and it was a 5-10 min walk from the hotel. There is a self serve laundry in the hotel that worked great for our needs. The internet wasn't the best - but we weren't in London to sit in the hotel and use the internet - so it didn't bother us. The room was very clean and the maid service was wonderful. We loved our experience with Citadines and will be back next time we are in London. We came from the airport and it was easy to take the tube to Trafalgar Square. Thank you for a great experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Daynie71

Dear Daynie71,

Thank you for the fantastically detailed review. I am glad you and your family loved your stay with us and were able to use a lot the facilities that separate us from hotels. We are all proud you had a great experience with us and we all look forward to you returning should you revisit London.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel.
It has central location (near Trafalgar square) and 2 tubes stations in a 3 minutes walk.
They welcomed us nicely and we had a great time.
==================================

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sagi E

Dear Sagi E,

Thank you for the fantastic review, we look forward to you returning!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 7 nights in room 518 in June 2014. The hotel is in a perfect central location. The suite was quiet. It has lots of power points, both UK and euro. The wi-fi was free and fast. There is a separate toilet. The suite is well equipped with utensils, ironing board, a safe, etc. Air conditioning is good. TV is good. There is a laundry available in the hotel. Reception staff are polite. We recommend the hotel if you want all facilities in a central area.

However it must be said that the paintwork in the suite is tired. It has grey walls, with grey wallpaper and grey pictures. Rooms are cleaned well but this is done late in the afternoon which is not always convenient. The room rate is expensive.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley K

Dear Lesley K,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Citadines Prestige Trafalgar. I am glad you and your wife had a nice time staying with us. My apologies about some of the paint work in your suite, I have instructed the Maintenance Manager to ensure all our rooms are up to the usually high Citadines standards. Should you return to London we look forward to welcoming you back to Citadines Prestige Trafalgar.

Regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

After many years of staying in lower priced hotels in suburbs close to the tube but not necessarily convenient to places I wanted to visit I finally gave in and spent more money to be centrally located. How I wished I had found Citadines before. Great location near Trafalgar Square, Embankment and Charing Cross tube stations and within walking distance of so many attractions in central London. My room had a small kitchen area which was very useful for quick breakfasts or dinner in - there are several supermarkets within a few minutes walk. The hotel staff were very helpful and efficient. Some rooms overlook Northumberland Avenue which is very busy and so rooms at the back are quieter. My room was modern, spacious and very clean. Tea and coffee are available in reception at all hours for guests and there are a couple of computers for guest use in the lobby area. There is very poor & inconsistent WiFi reception in the guest rooms, so if you need to work in your room this might be an issue. I will definitely return to this hotel and highly recommend it for anyone visiting central London. This hotel has parking available.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. If WiFi is important, ask for a room that has good reception.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank IndigoJT

Dear IndigoJT

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay. I am glad you eventually found us! Yes the location is great as we are so central most sights are within walking distance. My apologies about the WIFI we were having issues during your stay, but have since rectified the problem and are now just waiting for Fibre Optic to be installed in the coming weeks. Once again Thank You for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed with my family from June 16th to June 22th.

The location is amazing, near Trafalgar Square and Charing Cross train / tube stations. VERY accesible.

The apartment we rented was spacious and the kitchen well equipped (we asked for a larger pot and by the time we came back, it was in our apartment that same day) The internet connection was good and we were able to stay in touch with our family back in Argentina

All the staff was very helpful and kind. Some of them spoke Spanish, which was a plus because my parents don't speak English.They even send me a bottle of wine and chocolates for my birthday.

I'm recommending this hotel to all my friends and fmaily for they stay in London and I'll definetly be chosing it again for my next visit to this amazing city.

Thanks for making my first visit to London (and my birthday too) an incredible experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CotyAr

Dear CotyAr,

Thank you for wonderful posting. I am glad you and your parents were well looked after during your stay with us and that your parents could take advantage of our Spanish speaking staff. Thank you very much for the recommendations and we look forward to you returning on your next holiday to London.