“No hot water, poor customer service.”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #334 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“No hot water, poor customer service.”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Having stayed over the World Pride weekend I can only register my disdain for the shocking customer service. I had Luke warm water in my bath and shower, on registering this complaint I was told that my sink water was much hotter... And that I can have a wash in comfort. I don't pay for a five star wash, I pay for a five star bath and shower.

I received my room rate back, but this spoiled my weekend, as I was left to feel dirty all weekend, with only a quick strip wash as a hygiene routine.

Having stayed at most of the Hilton properties in the UK and some US properties I can only say that my confidence in the brand has been damaged.

Doubt I will return to Hilton.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ArcadianFire
Nader N, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with other travellers.
Please accept my sincere apology for the shortfall in the service. I am very disappointed that we did not learn about this issue when you where staying with us as we could have offered you an alternative room.
We had some issue with hot water for 2 days which was addressed and fixed as soon as we could , we have arranged for alternative arrangements for other few rooms that were effected and I am sure if knew about this we could have sort it there and then.
I hope we get another chance to have you with us at Waldorf Hilton and perhaps illustrate why we are famed for our exceptional customer service.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be any further assistance.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (799)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Great time, did the afternoon tea and took the executive upgrade, well worth it.

Pool needed some maintenace a bit dirty! Understatement...it was filthy and old

Room was clean and tidy all the usual amenities available. Having the executive upgrade made things very easy. Bit slow at breakfast but food was good.Service in the bar was good but a bit slow in the evenings.

Close to all the theatres and to Covent Gardens, easy walk up to Chinatown and around.

Room Tip: If you stay here take the executive upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fredman1954
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 6 August 2012
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I am glad you had a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waldorf Hilton.
Please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments regarding the fitness facilities to the LA Fitness Management.
Please don't hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay as I would be very happy to assist.

Many thanks and warm regards,

Juliane
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Room was advertised as having two queen beds that were in fact single beds.
Bathroom was of poor quality and in poor condition
Attitude of manager when we expressed our views was poor. "Realise that you are paying for the location, Sir". No Sir, I am paying for a 5* service and comfort in that location.

I've honestly stayed in better Lenny Henry hotels. Seriously re-thinking my Hilton choice for the trip to China and Hong Hong that I have booked based on this.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank RannsD
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your experiences with us; it is through continuous feedback that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations. It is truly disappointing that we have failed in creating a memorable hotel experience for you. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our Hotel Management to review upon the current level of service. I would also like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at juliane.hohnstedt@hilton.com in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for the service shortfalls.

Juliane
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I have just stayed at the Waldorf Hilton for the weekend with my family. I have two small sons so booked two adjoining rooms. I arrived at the hotel to be told that it was not possible to have adjoining rooms only two rooms next door each other. One of my sons is one year sold and this was not acceptable. I had to argue with them for an hour to sort this out. This nearly ruined my trip.
After checking into my room I was very disappointed with the vuality of the rooms. Certainly not 5 star standard. The pool was also horrible and very old.
On the plus side the food was good and the location is great for a trip to the theatre. Not a place to stay with kids

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Oli J

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
First of all, I would like to apologise for the misunderstanding at check in. I hope that this incident did not affect your stay with us. Referring to your comments about the connecting rooms, we don’t guarantee the interconnecting rooms. We would strive to accommodate your request for interconnecting rooms but as we don’t have many interconnecting rooms and they are all with different room categories it is not guaranteed by us.
I hope you enjoyed rest of your stay with us and please let me know if you are planning to stay with us again so I can personally look after you during your stay.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Our second visit to the Waldorf and no complaints at all. We were on a coach trip c/o GB Tours which was excellent value. We were very pleased to be upgraded to a superior deluxe, huge room with a huge bathroom, with every amenity one could wish for.

We ate in the Homage Grand Salon Restaurant, excellent food though a limited choice, but still perfect.

Breakfast was amazing everything you could imagine and as much as you can eat, all restaurant staff were charming. We were also booked for afternoon tea later in the afternoon, none of us felt hungry after the huge breakfast. the afternoon tea was perfect, gorgeous cakes and scones.

All in all we had an excellent time at the Waldorf and hope to treat ourselves again sometime soon,

Room Tip: Try for an upgrade
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
We are very delighted to learn about your stay and it would be my pleasure to forward your positive comments to my colleagues in the Homage restaurant.
We are looking forward to have you with us again in the near future.
East of England
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We stayed there for one night in a basic double room which cost £220 exc breakfast through a discount booking web site. Room was smallish but very well designed and had everything you could need like iron, trouser press, tea/coffee etc. Modern design, very comfortable bed and reasonable air conditioning.

Staff were extremely helpful. Pleasant bar and public areas. Easy walk to river and public transport

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel, they are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
We are very delighted to hear about your stay. I am happy that you liked our room styles, just to let you know we have different room category with different sized to accommodate every guests requests and needs.
I hope we get another chance to have you here with us.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This hotel is really nice and the staff are awesome! I love the location.

Room Tip: I got an upgrade so the room is on the top floor and really nice view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers.
We are very delighted to hear about your stay. It would be my pleasure to pass your nice comments to our entire team.
We are looking forward to have you with us again in the near future.