The Waldorf Hilton London
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$212
US$247
US$200
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
4,619 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent a night at this outstanding hotel as part of a birthday present. The staff where helpful courteousand obliging. The room although guest room was so so clean comfortable and quiet, you would not think you were in the heart of London. The tiniest thing had been thought of which makes the stay so special.
Thank you for one memorable birthday present.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear valued guest,

We are most delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We are indeed heartened to know that the hotel has delighted you in more ways than one and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me regarding any special arrangements.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2012

Reading the mixed reviews below is a bit misleading. There is no possible way that one could complain about the quality of this hotel, its cleanliness, the comfort of the bed, and for the most part, the service. It is well located in the far eastern part of the west end, near the Theatre Royal Drury Lane and Covent Garden. The nearest tube is Covent Garden and its about a 12 minute walk at a good pace. Some West End theatres are very close while others are quite a hike. Depending on what you want to do, the location might suit well. I love to walk so it was perfect for me.

As a Diamond Member, I pre-requested and was granted an upgrade to a King Exec Room, and got free internet, daily free breakfast as described in other reviews, with choice of executive lounge or the Homage. I went with the Homage every day because of the diversity of choices and the grandeur of the room. The service was pretty non-existent, with my water glass going empty often and my plates being cleared only when I asked. I can't say this was true of every morning, however. One waitress in particular was fantastic and very attentive, but most were not. And there can be a long wait to get a table when it's busy. The food was good, with a good assortment of breads, muffins, fruit, hot items, cereals, oatmeal, sliced meats, smoked salmon, juices, coffee and made-to-order omelets, all included with Diamond Member benefits.

The Exec. lounge also served afternoon tea, with a very limited assortment of sandwiches, cakes, and soft drinks, tea, coffee. The evening appetizers were great. I made a dinner out of them on most nights, with offerings like salmon on a skewer, Sea scallops (yes, the expensive ones), and unlimited decent bar choices. Worth the price of the room!

My room overlooked the inner courtyard and the many other rooms that were facing the inner courtyard. It was quiet though. The room itself was a nice size, with a very comfy bed, minibar, closet, little bar area, sitting area and desk, and a separate large bathroom with amenities. I don't know what that person earlier in the review chain was saying about the amenities, but mine were there every night, and the water bottles were always replenished, I had shortbread cookies waiting for me and the maid service was excellent!

As a Diamond, I didn't have to pay for internet although I did hear guests complaining its pricey.

The service was generally very good. The front desk crew were a mixed bag. Some were very nice and helpful and some made me feel like I was a rude interruption whenever I asked a question. I like ice every night and since there is no ice machine you have to order ice, which I did on my way into the hotel. Some were very receptive and others clearly found my request irritating There was always a doorman there to welcome me and open the door. The elevator up to the room was small but quick. My room was far from the elevator. If you don't like long hallways (albeit clean and lovely), ask for something close to the lifts.

The gym is very large for a hotel since its a private operation, but the people working there are a study in obnoxious, unhelpful and rude behavior. I didn't really use the gym after my first experience and found it to be inhospitable and unfriendly. I never got to see the pool because they wouldn't let me see it without signing in and giving my room number.

I have to say that I liked the Waldorf Hilton and would gladly stay here again.

PROS: Executive lounge, location, breakfast, bedroom
CONS: Some service personnel, no way to get ice on my own, gym personnel

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room with a view
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback on your visit to the Waldorf Hilton London. It is great to know that you had a nice stay and that your overall experience has been a success.
Thank you also for the generous score which has been appreciated by all the teams here and for choosing the Waldorf Hilton for your stay in London. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the team here and should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you directly. I would also like to emphasize that it is through continuous feedback that we are able to objectively review the facilities and services we provide to ensure that they meet our guests' expectations. Your constructive feedback is much appreciated as we do our best to make sure our guests feel comfortable.
I hope we may have soon the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel and in the meantime if there is anything I can assist you with please don't hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 17 August 2012

Once upon a time, long time ago, The Waldorf Hilton was a real 5 star. Now its a hit and mess, depends on who you meet of their staff when you need something. Some receptionist offered the best services you could ever have, but then sometime you get literally the rudest receptionists you can ever imagine. One day its the fantastic "cleaning lady" and some other days you get the lady who just forgot to get you a clean drinking glass. The Waldorf Hilton had 50% off during high season this summer (you wonder why?) I stayed there for 4 days, and here is my short quick (and dirty) list:

Pros
- friendly concierge

- great awesome breakfast (make sure you get a booking with breakfast included, otherwise seriously get a 3 stars hotel)

- 2 out of the 4 receptionists I ran into were extremely friendly

- nicely refurbished rooms.

Cons:

-Not all rooms are refurbished, like any other "3 star hotel" you have to make sure you try your best to get a room in the refurbished floor (refurbished floors are in the 3rd and 4th.) they make you beg for it.

- You pay a fortune for a 24 hours internet.

- they use guest elevators as service elevators (don't try to use the Olympics as an excuse, im staying at The Waldorf Hilton.)

- the drinking glasses in the room were not clean, twice!

- Sure its near many theaters, but if you are in it for the theater then forget about it already! the hotel atmosphere is very disconnected from anything theatrical. very dull and gloomy nothing "theatrical" about it, only for the emails you get from the "Guest Relation Manager" at the end of your "3 star" hotel stay telling "sorry for the horrible experience you had" as they "hope to see you again and take care of you". Why bother come back? London has thousands of hotels, i suggest you click on your next option.

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th rooms are refurbished. but if you still have the chance, keep looking for another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank ArchieKnight
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Dear valued guest,

I regret to learn about your recent experiences at The Waldorf Hilton London. The details you have articulated are not consistent with our service standards and I would like to request for more information from you for our management team’s investigation. Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to contact me at juliane.hohnstedt@hilton.com in order for me to personally extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Was dreading looking for a hotel during the Olympics but was surprised at how many rooms were still available. After some hunting and a leaning towards Hilton from my Diamond Membership I settled on this hotel. First of all, what a terrific location. It was well placed near Holborn Station to get to the Olympic Park and the Strand was close as was Trafalgar Square.

My bags were taken care of when we pulled up in the car and reception was friendly and helpful. No upgrade to a bigger room (I booked a Queen Double) but it was newly refurbished and I still had Executive Lounge access. They did say to check back the next day to see if a room had freed up.

The Quuen Hilton room is pretty small and dark. Not unexpected in London. It has been nicely refurbished and the bedroom area was nice enough with a decent sized desk and flat panel TV. The bathroom was pretty small but adequate.

The Executive Lounge has been refurbished and although not very large, it never seemed very crowded. This was fantastic as I expected it to be extremely busy during this time. Breakfast included hot dishes (so not just continental) and then there was afternoon tea and canapes and drinks in the evening. The staff were generally pretty helpful and friendly.

On the second day I asked if an Executive Room had become available which it had. So I quickly packed and left my luggage in the room and it was dutifully moved when I returned in the late afternoon. This was a much bigger room with the windows looking on to the street rather than the central atrium. It was a little older in decor but still quite nice. The bathroom was a much better size and the towel heater worked in this one! It did seem to be lacking in some of the extra toiletries you normally find in an executive room though. It was nice to have a separate area for a study.

As mentioned in another review, the concierge team were most helpful. On my last day, even once I had checked out, I was able to wait in the Executive Lounge until my car arrived to take me to the airport.

I was pleasantly surprised and would return.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Staying at this hotel enriched stay in London. If staying here be sure you make us of the services of the concierge. They were extremely helpful and ensured that we avoided some possible pitfuls as well as providing information.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank Douglas H
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for such wonderful words following your recent stay in our hotel. We have shared your comments with the entire team and they were all very exited to hear them. Especialy our concierge depratment.
We are looking forward welcoming you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for any future assistance.
Sincerely