The Waldorf Hilton London
ME London(London)
The Savoy(London)
  • Pool
4,607 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecovent gardenafternoon teahomage restaurantthe theater districtdiamond membertheatre landwest endan upgradejunior suitetrafalgar squarestandard roomlovely roomfantastic locationstayed for one nightaldwychconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I booked afternoon tea at the Waldorf for my fathers birthday 27/07/12. The afternoon tea was advertised with a history tour of the hotel preceding the tea, this was the reason I choose this particular hotel. I booked over the 'phone 10 days before. On arrival no-one knew where we should go, eventually we were approached by a member of staff who informed us that they couldn't provide the tour as rooms were unavailable due to the volume of Olympic personnel staying. We were offered a glass of champagne which I accepted as I felt I had no choice, there were 5 of us waiting for tea. When we got into the dining room 3 tables were pushed together for us, I didn't feel they were even expecting us. The tea took a while to arrive and after it was delivered no-one came back to see if we were alright or check if we needed anything, one person made do with one cup of coffee. The sandwiches were adequate, the cakes were better. I felt what should have been a pleasant memorable family occasion was spoiled, I am sure they must have realised the olympic personnel would be staying and shouldn't have been offering a afternoon tea service at this time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank knittycat
Sandra G, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable comments following your recent experience at the Waldorf Hilton.

We apologise for the shortfalls in service you experienced and we thank you for bringing these to our attention. I strongly believe that these issues you have rightfully mentioned are the exception rather than the rule however we recognise the need for improvement. Please rest assured that our Food and Beverage management team is taking immediate actions following your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton hotel in the near future and in the mean time if I can be of further assistance, please do contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Sandra Guiskyte
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 21 August 2012

Stayed in one of the executive rooms on business. I must say the room was very large and the atmosphere was more than good, but I wasn't too impressed with the view and I believe the room is overpriced for what it offers. There are better luxury hotels in the surroundings, such as Corinthia, Royal Horseguards and St Martins Lane. Waldorf is historical and it's just two minutes away from Covent Garden, which makes the wonderful location a plus. But the recently refurbished rooms' style leave much to be desired, with an absurd glass panel behind the bed depicting some of the most famous London landmarks plus some clothing items and even an iron (?!) what's that supposed to mean? A finer touch would be most appreciated. Room service was fast and efficient, and the swimming pool in the basement is a tiny gem. I couldn't enjoy breakfast as I was running late, therefore I cannot judge it. I would definitely go back, but only at a cheaper price.

Room Tip: I guess the back facing rooms are quieter than the ones overlooking the Aldwych, even if the rear view is not that great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We chose to stay at the Waldorf Hilton as we were seeing a show at the Duchess Theatre and wanted to enjoy the atmosphere and bars of Covent Garden without having to walk too much. In this respect, the Waldorf Hilton was perfect as it is in a great location.
Reception was efficient and friendly, and our room (a refurbished "Queen" on the 2nd-floor) was bright and clean and more than spacious for us as we were just staying the one night.
After the theatre, we returned for a night-cap in the bar and had a couple of excellent cocktails - this was despite us arriving in the bar just after 1am. The bar is open till 2am.
The only disappointment was breakfast. We had read on Trip Advisor that breakfast was something special, and perhaps it is in the Executive Lounge, but in the main dining room on the ground floor it was nothing special. Like many other places (which are a lot cheaper than £230 a night for a double room) it was a buffet breakfast, and (like most breakfast buffets) it can get a bit rough at the bacon and sausage counter! The hotel cannot be held responsible for the rude behavior of its guests, but table service (rather than buffet) would go a long way to restoring the impression of good service and reputation of the hotel.
Would I go back? Probably yes, but I next time I would either have breakfast served in our room, or go elsewhere. Room service prices looked very reasonable and, as as my partner only wanted eggs benedict, we would have enjoyed that more than the buffet experience.
One other point: when we arrived at 3pm we had missed lunch and wanted some refreshment. We left the hotel and had tea at the nearby Delauney (which we knew of as we'd been there before) but had we known that a proper English "tea" was being served in the hotel's Homage Patisserie then we would have gone there instead. The manager should ensure that reception staff inform guests when they arrive what is available, as profit is walking out of the door!

Room Tip: Pay for an upgrade if offered.
1  Thank moorhey
Juliane H, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at the Waldorf Hilton London. I enjoyed reading your mostly positive feedback and am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay.
On a different note, I have forwarded your constructive comments regarding the breakfast service and information about the Patisserie, to the concerned teams and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
I do hope that we may soon have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Waldorf Hilton and please don't hesitate to contact the Guest Relations team when arranging your reservation.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed here for one night as we were going to a show and wanted to soak up some of londons theatre land atmosphere.
This was a great place to do it in, it was a 2min walk to Covent garden and surrounded by theatres and shows, it was set back off the road so it was lovely and quiet & was an ideal place just to soak up the London life.
The room was small but perfect for the two of us, the bathroom was clean and well presented.
We had a drink in the gorgeous bar late in the evening and enjoyed a great cocktail in a nice atmosphere.
The staff were lovely & it was a nice place to stay.

We didn't have breakfast or dinner in..... But then with Covent garden & the west end right on your doorstep, why would you stay in the hotel!

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for choosing the Waldorf Hilton London for your recent stay and for posting your valuable feedback on TripAdvisor. Your comments are much appreciated and have been shared with our team members. Guest satisfaction is our main goal at the Waldorf Hilton London, and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.
We would like to thank you for the recommendations you have made and we look forward to seeing you back at the Waldorf Hilton London soon!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent a night at this outstanding hotel as part of a birthday present. The staff where helpful courteousand obliging. The room although guest room was so so clean comfortable and quiet, you would not think you were in the heart of London. The tiniest thing had been thought of which makes the stay so special.
Thank you for one memorable birthday present.

Dear valued guest,

We are most delighted that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. We are indeed heartened to know that the hotel has delighted you in more ways than one and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me regarding any special arrangements.

With warm regards,