“Very good London base”

GreenLeadersSilver level
london
“Very good London base”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent four night stay at The Waldorf in early November. Great as a business or tourist base. Quiet, well appointed room overlooking The Aldwych, relatively small but this was London and to be expected. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Excellent executive lounge. Will certainly use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Yovany T, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor, your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team.We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to London.

Yovany S. Torres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bradford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

A good clean Hotel central fro all attractions. Staff friendly and service in the Bars and at Breakfast very good. Not a great deal of seating area downstairs for guest waiting to be collected by coach. Bedrooms modern clean along with the Bathroom. Size average for a London Hotel. Would stay here again and bring clients,

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I would like first to thank you for taking the time to shared your review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I appreciate your comments with regards services and facilities. I have forward your review to our General Manager, In relation to seating area downstairs for guest waiting.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

GUIDFORD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very disappointing afternoon, in comparison to some of the other hotel tea dances we have attended.
Pleasant enough afternoon tea, service a bit slow. Café style crockery - no china and clotted cream and jam served in coffee cups, not the way you'd expect it to be done. Service could have been quicker, although our waiter had only been in his job a couple of weeks he said.
Live entertainment ok but could have done with a singer for a bit more interest.
The Palm Court only contains one small palm in a pot and decoration of the court very bland and boring, no colour and lacking in atmosphere, glad the company was good!!!
Wouldn't book another one there

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed at The Waldorf London (24/11/13 - 25/11/13) stayed in a lovely no smoking room (640) was clean and fresh and right by the lifts, no walking for miles. Check in was a quick and pleasant experience. The view from our window was of the Royal Opera House and the London sky line. The room was warm and the beds were comfy and bedding was luxurious, also had plenty of pillows. Rooms had complimentary bottles of water (one sparkling, one still), tea and coffee in the walk in wardrobe. There was also a iron, ironing board, hair dryer and safe. The only thing I can say I wasn't keen on in the room was the frosted see thru door to the bathroom. The shower was a great lovely and warm, towels were soft bright white and clean. We had complimentary bath robes but they are small more for a size 0.

Had a buffet breakfast in the morning. Choices of cakes and pastries, sausage, bacon, mushrooms, fried eggs, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, beans, cold cuts and cheeses, cereals, fruit and yogurts, juices, salads and a selection of breads, tea and coffee. More than enough. Staff always replenishing food the only problem was the toaster it was like warm bread with a bit of a crunch. That was after going thru the toaster 3 times.

We also had afternoon tea, a bit expensive, but another experience to add to a London trip. 5 finger sandwiches pot of coffee and cakes all on Crown Derby china.

The whole experience was excellent. The staff are very polite and always speak to you on entering or leaving the Waldorf overall it was a 10/10 experience from start to finish.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zara-Luiza
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Sandnes, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nice location close to Covent Garden. Expensive room with no complimentary WIFI. Room is OK, but bed linen appeared washed but with old spots on such that it looked 'dirty'. Did not use reastaurants or bar on this trip. The staff is very friendly and the front desk helped out when my reservation had a mistake.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Yovany T, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Waldorf Hilton London during your recent visit to London.

I'm delighted to learn from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and that our Frond Desk team were able to resolved the encountered issues with your reservation; however, I'm sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to not having a free Wireless connectivity in our rooms to all our guest, due to our HHonors Loyalty Hiltonworldwide program benefits. That aside, I'm happy to say that we do offer free WIFI in our public and lobby areas of our Hotel.

Overland Park, Kansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in many Hilton's and I expected a lot more from a 5 star Hilton in central London. Wifi is not complimentary even for Hilton honors while this is standard in all Hiltons in the USA. I was appalled that they don't offer complimentary phones for calling locally. Apparently, you can call, but it will cost you £3.75 a minute!!! Rooms are small and working those funky lights is like rocket science. The bathroom sink doesn't drain well and the towels are beat up! I was so turned off by this hotel, I didn't bother checking their other facilities. Pointer: one of the doormen jumped on me while I was walking in asking if I needed something. I guess they are not used to my kind staying at this overrated joint. Of course I ignored him and headed straight to the lift. I won't waste my money or precocious Hilton points at this place again. Checking out tomorrow and going to a Marriott hotel.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
YOTO2013, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 7 December 2013
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at Waldorf Hilton London.
I regret to learn from your feedback that we had no chance to change your perception of our services during your previous stay with us. We are always keen to receive our guest’s feedback and acquire efforts to find a suitable solution for shortfalls if possible upon spot of those.

I'm also sorry to learn of your disappointment with regards to our telephone charges. We do continually benchmark our prices with our competitor hotels to ensure we remain competitive.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Waldorf Hilton London.
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed 22/11/13 for 2 nights, staff friendly and helpful, hotel clean, we stayed in 639 as soon as we opened the door the wow factor kicked in, breakfast lovely and the executive lounge amazing, food good and free drink - get in there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
YOTO2013, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
I would like first to thank you for taking to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to hear from your feedback, we greatly appreciate any comments made by our guest and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with our team.

Yovany Santa Torres