“Have stayed here many times”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #333 of 1,072 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have stayed at the Waldorf London, many times. I have seen it progress through a very lengthy and at times problematic renovation (fire alarms, non working elevators, etc). Those times have now passed, and the most recent visits have been good. You can't beat the location and the service is usually very good.

Room Tip: If you get the top floor (I think 8th) the elevator doesn't go that high, so you have to take it...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey C
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2014

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read that following your previous stay with us, you have since noticed an improvement in our services, most notably to our facilities. Your comments go a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Yovany Santa Torres

There are newer reviews for The Waldorf Hilton London

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed here for 2 nights, one night each time, one week apart (23/12 and tonight 30/12).
The service is so disorganised it is incredible: as a HHonors Gold member I requested a late check out and was told I could have one. When I returned to the hotel 1/2 hour before the end of my extended stay, I received a call in my room. I was told: "don't touch the wine, it is for the guest who has been waiting for their room for the last 3 hours!"

Tonight, I called for some bottled water which HHonors Gold member normally receive. 20 minutes later, a housekeeper bashed on the door, handed me a door stop and slammed the door shut! There are lots of inexperienced staff here who clearly need a General Manager who is willing to be more hands on. The location is brilliant but I will not return. Once is bad luck, twice is a bad hotel! I wrote to the GM and am awaiting her response.

Room Tip: Do not take a room numbered 1-20 on the 6/F. Rooms require a number of stairs to get through and as...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AAinHK
lkameche, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely regretful for your experience and I also wanted to assure you that complaints of this nature are extremely rare and certainly don't represent the usually excellent levels of customer care and satisfaction more usually associated with The Waldorf Hilton.

I confirm that Mrs Palin - General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton has also written to you directly.

I sincerely hope that this episode will not deter from choosing to stay at our hotel again in the future.

Lynda Kameche - PA to Alison Palin - GM

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for one night at the beginning of December. We were in town for a Xmas shopping weekend and to see the Isabella Blow exhibition at Somerset House. This hotel is perfectly positioned for Somerset House, theatres around Shaftesbury Avenue and Covent Garden. There is a comfortable lounge area just inside the main entrance which serves a wonderful range of cocktails, so perfect for two girls on the town. Our twin room was very spacious with a large bathroom - quite a premium in Central London hotels. Despite being opposite the lift(!) the room was quiet and we had a restful night's sleep. We chose not to include breakfast as we like Tom's Deli in Somerset House. This worked well for us as we went straight on to the exhibition from there. Would recommend this hotel and plan to use again when next in London.

Room Tip: I think online bookings often get a room near a lift so would book by phone next time to avoid this.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you and your daughter have enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in the middle of everything in London. You can walk to most of the main attractions. The room was large and newly renovated. The lobby and bar area were very comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty and always served with a smile. I love the Peter Thomas Roth products for the bath that Hilton uses.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location and your stay in general. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Everything is right about this hotel! History, grandeur, lovely staff, renovated rooms, great air con, fab gym, beautiful exec club ... I could go on and on. I was a bit nervous when booking as London hotels can be hit and miss (we missed last year at The Trafalgar) - but we loved the Waldorf Hilton. Above all you really notice the terrific team - from the doorman, to reception to the exec club staff. Wonderful!

Stayed: December 2013

Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your kind words on our team professionalism and genuine enthusiasm, your post is on our team member's board for all to read.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

The central location of this iconic hotel is reason enough to choose it, but add to this the service, the well appointed rooms and the attentive nature of the staff. Abracadabra let the fun begin!
Sure the hotel shows its age in some places, but what would you say "those Pyramids are looking dated"
All the sights of London, most in walking distance and the comfort of a great hotel with attentive staff and great cuisine!
Plus theatres galore all around you
Well done Hilton.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely pleased to read your flattering review which we have shared here for all to read as it serves as a motivator to the team. I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

The location is great, in walking distance of covent garden, with plenty of theaters, Bars , Restaurant in the vicinity. We arrived early and the room was not ready, no problem check is at 3 pm. The room was of a good size, with a bathroom big enough. it was very quiet as it was facing a courtyard. The room was never cleaned before 4 pm quiet annoying when back early.
The lounge is way to small or they have they sell too many "executive" rooms. For breakfast it's fine but for cocktail hour it is so full that many people have to stand and many cannot even find a place. That is not acceptable when you sell a "club" access . The buffet in the main breakfast room has many choices but it also get crowded and we had to wait for a table, not a big problem but it feels more like a hotel catering to tours than a 5 Stars experience.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear valued guest,

I have noted your constructive feedback in respect of our Executive Lounge, the lounge tend to be busier than usual at pick times and when we are fully booked, however the flow of guests dissipates rapidly leaving the lounge to be a space for relaxation again. I am very sorry that you found this to be inconvenient.

I am otherwise pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.