“Great location and hotel”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #337 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Luton
“Great location and hotel”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Had a great night on the 28th of dec...room was great(room 809)..great views and a good size.staff were pleasant and breakfast was nice in the lovely ballroom.the location was faultless..can't wait to come back again..

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
I would like first to thank you for taking to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to hear from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and facilities and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared with our Food and Beverage Team with regards to your breakfast experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to our Hotel.

Yovany Santa Torres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 1 January 2014

A great hotel name, an historical buildign but above all an excellent location!
Is it worthy the price? Not 100% sure : rooms could be larger,the lobby is really small compared to the size of the hotel, but the staff is really helpfull and the Concierge service excellent!
The gym and pool are rather disappointing and the hours really restricted during week-end (from 9 am to 6 pm), but the location is unbeatable in the heart of Theatre District (Covent Garden), next to Trafalgar Square and many attractions & museums, with excellent 24 hrs bus services to most parts of London...
All this makes it a good choice for visiting London in a very comfortable hotel...

Room Tip: Ask for larger type of room and avoid upper floor (under the room = smaller rooms)
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you took good advantage of our great location.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.

UK
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This was a repeat of last year and went so smoothly! Given an Executive Room with lounge access - a little busy on NY eve but what do you expect? Soon became quieter and great service. Room clean and bright with large bath and rain shower. Breakfast extensive and probably one of best we've had at a Hilton.

Location great for London and fireworks.

Overall cannot fault this hotel!

Room Tip: Become a Gold member
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Yovany S. Torres
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I have stayed at the Waldorf London, many times. I have seen it progress through a very lengthy and at times problematic renovation (fire alarms, non working elevators, etc). Those times have now passed, and the most recent visits have been good. You can't beat the location and the service is usually very good.

Room Tip: If you get the top floor (I think 8th) the elevator doesn't go that high, so you have to take it...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey C
Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read that following your previous stay with us, you have since noticed an improvement in our services, most notably to our facilities. Your comments go a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have stayed here for 2 nights, one night each time, one week apart (23/12 and tonight 30/12).
The service is so disorganised it is incredible: as a HHonors Gold member I requested a late check out and was told I could have one. When I returned to the hotel 1/2 hour before the end of my extended stay, I received a call in my room. I was told: "don't touch the wine, it is for the guest who has been waiting for their room for the last 3 hours!"

Tonight, I called for some bottled water which HHonors Gold member normally receive. 20 minutes later, a housekeeper bashed on the door, handed me a door stop and slammed the door shut! There are lots of inexperienced staff here who clearly need a General Manager who is willing to be more hands on. The location is brilliant but I will not return. Once is bad luck, twice is a bad hotel! I wrote to the GM and am awaiting her response.

Room Tip: Do not take a room numbered 1-20 on the 6/F. Rooms require a number of stairs to get through and as...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AAinHK
lkameche, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with other travellers on TripAdvisor.

I am extremely regretful for your experience and I also wanted to assure you that complaints of this nature are extremely rare and certainly don't represent the usually excellent levels of customer care and satisfaction more usually associated with The Waldorf Hilton.

I confirm that Mrs Palin - General Manager at The Waldorf Hilton has also written to you directly.

I sincerely hope that this episode will not deter from choosing to stay at our hotel again in the future.

Lynda Kameche - PA to Alison Palin - GM
south coast
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My daughter & I stayed here for one night at the beginning of December. We were in town for a Xmas shopping weekend and to see the Isabella Blow exhibition at Somerset House. This hotel is perfectly positioned for Somerset House, theatres around Shaftesbury Avenue and Covent Garden. There is a comfortable lounge area just inside the main entrance which serves a wonderful range of cocktails, so perfect for two girls on the town. Our twin room was very spacious with a large bathroom - quite a premium in Central London hotels. Despite being opposite the lift(!) the room was quiet and we had a restful night's sleep. We chose not to include breakfast as we like Tom's Deli in Somerset House. This worked well for us as we went straight on to the exhibition from there. Would recommend this hotel and plan to use again when next in London.

Room Tip: I think online bookings often get a room near a lift so would book by phone next time to avoid this.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you and your daughter have enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Lynda

Lynda Kameche - PA to Alison Palin - General Manager
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in the middle of everything in London. You can walk to most of the main attractions. The room was large and newly renovated. The lobby and bar area were very comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty and always served with a smile. I love the Peter Thomas Roth products for the bath that Hilton uses.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear valued guest,

I am pleased to read your review and I am happy that you have enjoyed the convenience of our location and your stay in general. We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Lynda