“Great location and great hotel”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #337 of 1,067 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dayton, Texas
“Great location and great hotel”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Only stayed one night but this hotel is in the heart of the theatre district in the center of everything. A short 10 minute or so trek to the tube. I may be a bit critical but the doorman seemed to only be out front when he wanted to be. Although not needed I thought that a bit odd. The check in is EXACTLY at 1500 I found out. For I checked my bags early in the day and came back at approx. 1430 and was told politely I needed to wait til 3. When I checked in it was efficient. I was thanked for being a Hilton Diamond and sent off to my room. The room was very large. One problem. It was a first floor room and my view was the heating and HVAC units. The room was very clean, the concierge delivered my bags with expediency and I slept well. Overall an enjoyable night stay in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Paul R
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Mr. Paul R,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you had a good night sleep at our Hotel. I regreat reading that the room was not ready before 3 PM as we always work very hard to have the room ready for early arrivals and that you did not like the view of the room.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit. Please let me know in advance when you will be returning so I can make sure you will receive a nice room with a lovely view.

Eline C.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northants
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a great break in London and stayed at the Waldorf. I'd used the bar there a couple of times and liked it.
Overall the hotel was in very good condition, very well appointed throughout. Perfectly quiet for a good night's sleep and all the staff we met were very good from check in to check out, bar staff, bell man and doorman.
An excellent hotel and well positioned for Covent Garden and a short walk from the west end shopping.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eurorrocket
Dear Eurorrocket,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services we provided and facilities that our hotel has to offer. I was happy to read you have enjoyed our Good Godfrey's bar and you had a good night rest.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

S Wales
Reviewed 4 January 2014

We are regular visitors to the Waldorf Hilton & it's our favourite place to stay in the capital. We have tried other properties but none come near to this.

Check-in was seamless & we were soon on our way to our room. We booked 2 nights in a basic room on HHonors points & were allocated a Queen Deluxe Plus on the 4th floor which was very spacious with a fantastic bathroom - a big thank you to Mette Olsen & her team! We overlooked the Aldwych (front of Hotel) but there was no noise from the road. There was a lovely chocolate cake in the room as we were celebrating my wife's birthday.

We visited the exec lounge on both nights & it was pretty full (it can get too busy at peak times) but the drinks & canapés from 6pm to 8pm were just fine. I do think that they should not allow small children in the lounge after 6pm as there were some lively little ones in there during our visit which wasn't conducive to a quiet evening before the theatre.

We had breakfast in the main restaurant which was plentiful & of good quality.

We didn't try the valet parking as we took the train.

We received great service from all departments, & would recommend the Waldorf Hilton to everyone who likes a quality Hotel with 5* service.

Room Tip: The size of the rooms differ enormously Queen deluxe plus can be bigger than King exec plus, ask to...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Welshtorchy,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. As our Executive is a very popular spot whitin our hotel facilities it does sometimes get a bit busy and I would like to thank you for your understanding. I was also very glad to read that you and your wife have enjoyed the birthday cake upon arrival and that it has been welcomed.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We had champagne afternoon tea here & we thoroughly enjoyed it all! It all tasted delicious, the staff were very friendly & attentive, beautiful surroundings & the harp finished it off nicely. We were a little bit disappointed having to cut the cakes in half as there was only 1 of each (but we had equal sandwiches & scones) but the extra chocolate that came with happy birthday on the plate with a chorus of happy birthday from our waitress was a welcome surprise & treat!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
EChristiaanse, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
I would like first to thank you for taking to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to hear from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and facilities and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared with our Executive Chef Mr. Johan Rox.

The team and I, are happy to learn that the birthday celebration went well and that the special touch from our team at the restaurant was welcomed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to our Hotel.

Yovany T
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I stayed in a number of hotels during this trip to the UK. By far this was the worst value for money experience I had. I am very disappointed. I would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone. I have not stayed a Hilton hotels before but if this is the standard of the group then I do not plan too.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Yovany T, Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Dear Sir\Madam,

I would like to first thank you for taking the time to share your review through Tripadvisor related to your previous visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

We greatly appreciate all comments made by our guests, whether positive or for our development as it allows for continued improvement in that which is most important to us, our guest service.

I was really concerned to hear that we did not meet your expectations and I am sorry you were very disappointed. We are constantly monitoring the performance of our hotel against Hilton's high service and quality standards. I would like to learn more about your stay as it will enable us to continually improve, exceed quality standards, and are vitally important in helping us achieve our Mission to be the first choice of the world’s travellers. Please contact me via email yovany.torres@hilton.com or y telephone +44 (0)20 7836 2400.

I look forward to hear from you in the near future.

Yovany Santa Torres
Assistant Front of House Manager
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Enjoyed a very comfortable stay on New Year's Eve at The Waldorf. Reception staff was very efficient and friendly, as were all the staff. Our room had all the facilities you would expect of a hotel of this calibre. The breakfast choice was extensive and buffet style or cooked to order for specialities, very enjoyable and relaxing. We fully intend to revisit for an afternoon tea as the ballroom looked stunning. We were made to feel that anything we requested would be provided without any fuss. All the above coupled with an excellent location make this an ideal London venue.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Yovany T, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback following your recent visit to the hotel. I was pleased to learn that in general you enjoyed your stay and that you found the team here at the hotel very friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area. In the meantime, please contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Yovany Santa Torres
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My husband and I have just spent five fantastic nights at the Waldorf Hilton where we were upgraded to a king executive room upon arrival.
The room itself was very large and well appointed with a large bathroom complete with rain shower and a separate large bath.
After long days exploring London it was lovely and relaxing to be able to use the Executive club room where you could meet up with fellow travellers and discuss the days outings etc.
Plenty of food and complimentary drinks etc.
We found the location of the Waldorf perfect for our needs as we went to several shows .
We certainly hope to return to the Waldorf Hilton in the near future.
I

Room Tip: We were very happy with our room. Whilst we didn't have any views it didn't matter as we wer...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
I would like first to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

Yovany S. Torres