“Our London home...”

The Waldorf Hilton London
Ranked #330 of 1,077 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our second time staying at the hotel on the run up to Christmas as each year we fly into the UK and choose to visit London for a few days and the Waldorf is perfect for so many reasons! Not only is the location exceptional, you can walk round the corner to covent garden as I did each morning to a yoga class taking me just 5mins. All the local shops and cafes are just right there, you are set in the heart of theatre land to enjoy a show, walk down to the Thames, Trafalgar Square, buckingham palace but the hotel is also great value for money with cosy rooms, helpful and attentive staff and always a great breakfast.

We simply love it and wouldnt choose to stay anywhere else in London, we'll return again this year on our way home!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Dear Sunnybunny7381,

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your loyalty to our Hotel and your feedback is invaluable.

We were delighted to read your review and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared.

I hope you have enjoyed the theatre disctrict and all the local shops around the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in London while attending a work dinner. The location is great, with easy walking distance to Covent Garden, theatres, restaurants etc. Although the streets around the hotel are noisy our room was very quiet and we slept very well.

The included breakfast was up to the standard you would expect from this price point and the building is beautiful, although our room wasn't very roomy.

The staff were courteous and helpful too. All in a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Nicklunac,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to shared your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you had a good night sleep at our Hotel. I hope you enjoyed the Covent Garden area and you have had the chance to attend one of the many and great theatre shows.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

We stayed in a basic room and paid a reduced price as corporate members. The room was well appointed, good sized bathroom and the usual toiletries. The only let down was the metal tea cups - very bizarre! Great service from reception and we were able to leave luggage for the day.

I would visit again, thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sally E,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Waldorf Hilton during you recent visit to London.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Only stayed one night but this hotel is in the heart of the theatre district in the center of everything. A short 10 minute or so trek to the tube. I may be a bit critical but the doorman seemed to only be out front when he wanted to be. Although not needed I thought that a bit odd. The check in is EXACTLY at 1500 I found out. For I checked my bags early in the day and came back at approx. 1430 and was told politely I needed to wait til 3. When I checked in it was efficient. I was thanked for being a Hilton Diamond and sent off to my room. The room was very large. One problem. It was a first floor room and my view was the heating and HVAC units. The room was very clean, the concierge delivered my bags with expediency and I slept well. Overall an enjoyable night stay in a great location.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paul R
EChristiaanse, Guest Relations Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Mr. Paul R,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and that you had a good night sleep at our Hotel. I regreat reading that the room was not ready before 3 PM as we always work very hard to have the room ready for early arrivals and that you did not like the view of the room.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit. Please let me know in advance when you will be returning so I can make sure you will receive a nice room with a lovely view.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a great break in London and stayed at the Waldorf. I'd used the bar there a couple of times and liked it.
Overall the hotel was in very good condition, very well appointed throughout. Perfectly quiet for a good night's sleep and all the staff we met were very good from check in to check out, bar staff, bell man and doorman.
An excellent hotel and well positioned for Covent Garden and a short walk from the west end shopping.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eurorrocket

Dear Eurorrocket,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review on TripAdvisor related to your recent stay at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services we provided and facilities that our hotel has to offer. I was happy to read you have enjoyed our Good Godfrey's bar and you had a good night rest.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.
I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Waldorf Hilton London.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We are regular visitors to the Waldorf Hilton & it's our favourite place to stay in the capital. We have tried other properties but none come near to this.

Check-in was seamless & we were soon on our way to our room. We booked 2 nights in a basic room on HHonors points & were allocated a Queen Deluxe Plus on the 4th floor which was very spacious with a fantastic bathroom - a big thank you to Mette Olsen & her team! We overlooked the Aldwych (front of Hotel) but there was no noise from the road. There was a lovely chocolate cake in the room as we were celebrating my wife's birthday.

We visited the exec lounge on both nights & it was pretty full (it can get too busy at peak times) but the drinks & canapés from 6pm to 8pm were just fine. I do think that they should not allow small children in the lounge after 6pm as there were some lively little ones in there during our visit which wasn't conducive to a quiet evening before the theatre.

We had breakfast in the main restaurant which was plentiful & of good quality.

We didn't try the valet parking as we took the train.

We received great service from all departments, & would recommend the Waldorf Hilton to everyone who likes a quality Hotel with 5* service.

Room Tip: The size of the rooms differ enormously Queen deluxe plus can be bigger than King exec plus, ask to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Welshtorchy,

I am delighted to learn from your feedback that you were satisfied with our services and facilities. As our Executive is a very popular spot whitin our hotel facilities it does sometimes get a bit busy and I would like to thank you for your understanding. I was also very glad to read that you and your wife have enjoyed the birthday cake upon arrival and that it has been welcomed.

If I can be of assistance in near future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We had champagne afternoon tea here & we thoroughly enjoyed it all! It all tasted delicious, the staff were very friendly & attentive, beautiful surroundings & the harp finished it off nicely. We were a little bit disappointed having to cut the cakes in half as there was only 1 of each (but we had equal sandwiches & scones) but the extra chocolate that came with happy birthday on the plate with a chorus of happy birthday from our waitress was a welcome surprise & treat!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
EChristiaanse, Front Office Manager at The Waldorf Hilton London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

I would like first to thank you for taking to write a TripAdvisor review related to your recent visit at The Waldorf Hilton London.

I am delighted to hear from your feedback that you were pleased with our services and facilities and your comments goes a long way in motivating and encouraging the team and rest assured your comments will be shared with our Executive Chef Mr. Johan Rox.

The team and I, are happy to learn that the birthday celebration went well and that the special touch from our team at the restaurant was welcomed.

We look forward to welcoming you back on the occasion of your next visit to our Hotel.

Yovany T